More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 10:30:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can you "reattach" a ghost to a bed?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can you "reattach" a ghost to a bed?  (Read 4487 times)
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Can you "reattach" a ghost to a bed?
« on: 2006 August 17, 22:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to move lots and I want to keep my ghosts and I want to keep my ghosts happy. The three appear to be mutually exclusive. Ghosts want their old beds. You can store them all over a house (I currently have mine sitting in the rafters of my legacy house). However, if you place the bed into your backpack to move to a new lot, it seems to break the ghostly connection.

Is there a hack to fix this or does anyone know how to fix it? I know all the ways to keep ghosts in line, but I like seeing the darn things floating around. I just don't like my dead platinum ghosts slamming their fists together and screaming because they dont' have their beds.

Thanks!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Can you "reattach" a ghost to a bed?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 17, 22:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember this being discussed before quite a while back.  As I recall, there is a way of removing the bed obsession in SimPE (some sort of token that can be deleted, or altered to apply to another object), but I can't remember where I saw it.  What I tend to do if I don't want to keep the beds is either delete them just before the elder dies, or delete them the day before and let them sleep in a different bed for their last night, or kip on the sofa.  If the bed has gone before they die, they don't seem to bother about it when they come back.  I used to keep them in the basements, but I got sick of seeing them sticking up through the floorboards, so I stopped doing that.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 18, 01:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently moved a family. I put all the tombstones and beds into their inventories. I later found out that this is a VBT, but I've only experienced one harmless bug from it. The beds couldn't be placed against walls, but move_objects on fixed it. The ghosts seem fine to me.
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 18, 04:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have moved lots with ghosts before, and they always forget their beds. I thought one of the four I had at the time still recognized her bed (she cheered it) but the next time I played that lot, she had forgotten it.

Not worth risking it again.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 18, 14:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The beds couldn't be placed against walls, but move_objects on fixed it.

This bug was fixed by a Maxis patch a while ago -- make sure you have your game patched up to the latest level.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 18, 15:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I don't think I have tried to move my sims since before the OFB patches. I will try it. Thank you!
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 18, 19:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patched and everything. It only happened with about half the beds, though.
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 19, 10:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I have had this problem before, I backed up before the move. Good thing, too. First, I wound up with urns (in my inventory) and tombstones along the curb at the new house. Then, Luc (who died platinum) showed up and couldn't find his bed. He also looks a tad blue. Sure enough, he also raided the fridge. Back to the old, crowded lot for me!

I have OFB installed and am patched up to the current patch. Sad

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 19, 10:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts moved by "move to community lot" or "move home" tend to forget their original cause of death, and you have to set it back with SHIFT-CLICK "Set Death Type".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 19, 19:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! That solves my cause of death mystery. I couldn't tell if he was actually blue since I've never had a death by starvation ghost. Maybe he was just a little depressed.  Wink

I see I will either need to rekill my sims or suffer on my tiny lot to keep them happy.

I also need to search to see if there's a fix for the multiple gravestone problem. I had the urns in inventory and the game left them there and put tombstones on the curb.

Oh, you might be interested in this. I have the romance fix (the one that fixes platinum tombstone glitch), but the curbside tombstone was regular. The urn remained plat, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 20, 06:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have multiple gravestones of the same sim, AND you have the "nounlinkondelete" fix, simply delete the extra ones. If you do NOT have it, don't do this as it will shred the sim data and corrupt all the tombstones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 20, 20:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I did. I revived each sim to get them attached to a new bed, then offed them. Once I revived them, I deleted the extra stone. I didn't want to do that without revival in case one was the "real" stone and one a fake. From what you say, sounds like I needn't have worried about that.

And I made the mistake of installing FFS and its patch last night, too. Now the freaking, fracking jump bug is back. Don't worry. I'm searching for the solution as I reply to this. I don't have an error log. I removed all hacks before installing and made sure they were all up-to-date.

Crud. I didn't even like the FFS stuff anyway. I got it at a good price and it's been sitting around my computer room for about a month  now.

*detonates computer* Why is it that whenever I "fix" anything on my PC (game or nongame related) a thousand more problems rear their ugly heads? Is it hard wired into the mechanics of the darn thing?  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: