More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 04:09:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis does it again!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis does it again!  (Read 60436 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Maxis does it again!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 09, 12:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that is because they didn't export the mesh right, look at some of the other ones in the free area. A lot of them don't look right when they animate.

I agree, a lot of their hairs look very fake, stiff and plasticy because of this. And really, they shouldn't have had to export the mesh unless they were going to change it or there was something unfinished about it. If it's among the package files they could have just extracted it and put it in a new package or even just made a reference to it in the package that comes with the game.

I'll try testing cheats, but I'm suspecting Maxis somehow dropped the ball on this hair and didn't enable it at all. If that's the case I may see if I can if I can get around to it, but I want time to play darn it, lol.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 09, 14:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download on that site doesn't seem to work. Does look like an interesting hairstyle though -- does it animate properly?

Once again, Maxis has put images of hair in ingame shots that are missing from the game (there's one on a toddler on the back of the OFB box), and the woman on the front has the missing long version of the lawnmower job. This really irks me. I'm still waiting for that hairstyle that's on female children in pictures all over the base game.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 09, 14:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They show that toddler hair throughout the Prime Guide too.  Roll Eyes It looks like basically just a toddler version of one of the new adult hairs, I'm sure someone will make it available for toddlers sooner or later.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 09, 14:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're worrying too much. Remember: It will grow back. A bad haircut is not the end of the world.

Do you know how long a foot of hair would take to regrow ? Smiley

A bad haircut may grow back, but it will grow back much slower than a good one....

How does it grow back slowerCheesy It may seem like forever, but one's hair doesn't grow any more slowly than usual just because one has had a bad haircut. Growing out back to where it was may be slower if the stylist really did a butcher job, but growing back to where it is fixable, not so much.

I think you both got and then missed the joke there Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 March 09, 15:52:39 by angelyne » Logged
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 09, 15:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have ANY left. At one point it was patchy and looked even more ridiculous, but I didn't care. I am pretty ridiculous, after all. And the dumber they think you are, the funnier it is when you kill them.

You could try growing your facial hair long and combing that over your head.

I would like more short hair meshes. I don't know many adults with long hair.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 09, 17:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing happened to me. It totally failed my "twirl" test. It just looked way too unnatural.

Yeah, I noticed that too. But goodness, it totally redeems a couple of sims and makes them look great!

"now, that's a god-awful shame, a MAN with SUCH great hair!".

Ah! Heheh. That explains it.  Cheesy Men...long hair...I just don't usually see them together.

I agree, a lot of their hairs look very fake, stiff and plasticy because of this. And really, they shouldn't have had to export the mesh unless they were going to change it or there was something unfinished about it.

I think they DID animate it, and that's why it animates so weirdly. The hair moves similarly to some of their other hairstyles that they've animated.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 09, 17:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i downloaded that mesh a few days ago , but i dont really like it, it just looks to fake in the game .

and ive been the lab rat of my sisters for many years (she is 10 years older than me) and when she trainning to be a hairdresser i was lab rat ,so since i was 13 ive had my hair dyed and permed and generally messed with , and i wash , dry and straighten it every day , and its still in great condition the key is in the products you put on it , altho i have to admit it gets a bit wild once it gets much past my shoulders
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 10, 23:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I wasn't too sure about the hairstyle they imtorped, but when I saw a thread here dedicated to it, I went and downloaded it.  I love it so much, I couldn't save it.  If I find a great hairstyle, I'll save it for sims I realy love.  Jodie Go hooted and hallered when I chose it for her. 

I hope skining that are more awsome than I, find and edit more hidden meshes from the game. How come the folks at Sims Connections can retexure hair like a dream, and make meshes, but they don't recatorgize thier hair?  It's like a supermodle with a cussing zit.

I'm not the biggest fan of short hair in real life.  Most short hairstyle look corny and old to.  I also think most people woth short hair can't rock it that well.  I have a large head and practically no neck, so short hair is not an option for me.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 12, 08:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The textures look crappy in my game bc of my videocard. 

ISFJ
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 12, 09:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The animations spoiled it for me. It just looks unrealistic, how it balloons up at the back.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 12, 11:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty traditional on this. The longer a woman's hair the better!
Well, the biological reason for this is that long hair depicts a pattern of extended health. In practicality, there's a point at which it becomes unwieldy and cumbersome.

Well, this is obviously complete nonsense!  Extended health - hah! - I had a brain tumour removed 7 years ago and my hair is long, thick and glossy and round my bum at the moment.  Mind you, they did shave it off when they did the operation. 

I can't stand long hair but I also hate hairdressers.  So I keep my in a plait all the time - perma-plait.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 12, 12:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is obviously complete nonsense!  Extended health - hah! - I had a brain tumour removed 7 years ago and my hair is long, thick and glossy and round my bum at the moment.  Mind you, they did shave it off when they did the operation.
Nevertheless, those are apparently the biological reasons why men seem to like women with long hair.

Me, I'm not so much of a believer in this particular tidbit, but I've always thought about things differently anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 12, 12:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try growing your facial hair long and combing that over your head.

PMSL!!! Cheesy

My Uncle Tony used to have a combover-looked totally stupid!

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 12, 12:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The textures look crappy in my game bc of my videocard. 

Yep, that's Janna's textures for you. When I got my new video card more of her hair looked okay enough to use, but before that a lot just looked so awful with my low-end card I couldn't stand to use it.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 March 12, 12:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear praises about its condition (and an assorted mumbling from the old ladies waiting for their turn, like "now, that's a god-awful shame, a MAN with SUCH great hair!").

I agree with those ladies!  What a waste!  My fiance has the most gorgeous full, shiny, silky hair ever and he can't stand it.  He's 29, but when it is short he looks like he's 12 because it's so curly and cute, so he keeps it long and wears it in a low pony.  He puts a hat on as soon as he's out of the shower to smash the curls against his head to flatten them out, then once dry it gets pulled back.  Why he feels the need to hide that beautiful hair is beyond me.  I'd kill to have it instead of my super fine, limpy straight locks.  Urghh, you men don't deserve it!  Wink

Anyway, the hidden hair looks nice.  I'll try it, but if it doesn't animate right I won't use it.  I haven't found much custom hair that actually looks good in the game, so I don't use any. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 12, 13:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with those ladies!  What a waste!  My fiance has the most gorgeous full, shiny, silky hair ever and he can't stand it.  He's 29, but when it is short he looks like he's 12 because it's so curly and cute, so he keeps it long and wears it in a low pony.  He puts a hat on as soon as he's out of the shower to smash the curls against his head to flatten them out, then once dry it gets pulled back.  Why he feels the need to hide that beautiful hair is beyond me.  I'd kill to have it instead of my super fine, limpy straight locks.  Urghh, you men don't deserve it!  Wink
I dunno, maybe because looking like you're 12 is not something to aspire to.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 12, 16:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear praises about its condition (and an assorted mumbling from the old ladies waiting for their turn, like "now, that's a god-awful shame, a MAN with SUCH great hair!").

Heh, thanx! But maybe if you think about it, we (men) don't abuse our hair with hairdryers and gels and lacques and god knows what other "cosmetic" stuff you (women) put on your hair! Keep all that crap away!

Anyway, the hidden hair looks nice.  I'll try it, but if it doesn't animate right I won't use it.

You won't. The animation SUCKS!

Let the Beast inside you free!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 March 12, 18:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it all jerky, like it was done by a 2 years old boy?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 March 12, 18:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I am wondering though is did Maxis make it with screwy animations or did Simsconnection screw it up with they exported the mesh and reimported it? i wish someone would enable this hair in it's original state. I suppose I might have to get off my ass and try at some point if no one else does heh.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 March 12, 19:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll gladly test-drive it for you when you're done Motoki. Not that I want to be pushy...or something...ahem

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 March 13, 02:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, maybe because looking like you're 12 is not something to aspire to.

He doesn't when its long.  The curls get weighted down.  But his hair would have definantly been better spent on me!

Heh, thanx! But maybe if you think about it, we (men) don't abuse our hair with hairdryers and gels and lacques and god knows what other "cosmetic" stuff you (women) put on your hair! Keep all that crap away!

You probably have a point there.  I never have used any products or heat on my hair because it is so fine and dry (I definantly don't have the oily problem), but most women I know abuse their hair so badly that it's no wonder it gets stringy.   

Too bad about the animation.  I'll wait to hear whether or not it is really bad or just that website, then I'll try it.
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 March 13, 11:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it animates smoothly, but it seems to be attached to the sim's shoulders at the bottom and the top of the head at the root. It balloons out in a huge lump in the mid-region when the sim turns quickly. It would look better if it didn't animate at all.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 March 13, 11:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it animates smoothly, but it seems to be attached to the sim's shoulders at the bottom and the top of the head at the root. It balloons out in a huge lump in the mid-region when the sim turns quickly. It would look better if it didn't animate at all.

Plus, the animation in the middle results in the hair sinking into the cheeks. I agree, no animation would have been better. And Motoki, please go ahead and fix the darn thing. The hair is really great, but the whole animation screw-up renders it unusable (at least by my standards). Another small gripe, it's not properly binned, but that was just a couple of minutes of work to correct, and almost ALL hair meshers don't give a fly's droppings about proper binning. "It's custom. Deal with it!" seems to be their attitude (and I bet most of them don't even know how to properly bin!).

Let the Beast inside you free!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 March 13, 11:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must give credit to Melodie9 at MTS and seomi sims, who have learned about correct hair binning.  All of Melodie9's hairs are now correctly binned, and Seomi's newer hairs are as well.  Which saved me a TON of work!  I now check hair in the game before I go through all the trouble of editing it all in SimPE.  Some of it isn't even worth the trouble.  Tongue 
chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2006 March 13, 15:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another small gripe, it's not properly binned, but that was just a couple of minutes of work to correct, and almost ALL hair meshers don't give a fly's droppings about proper binning. "It's custom. Deal with it!" seems to be their attitude (and I bet most of them don't even know how to properly bin!).

Some of them seem to think that it's wrong to put custom hair in the right bins because "OMG how will tehy no its custum hare!!1!oneone"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: