More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 18:43:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Strang re-installed Strangetown
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strang re-installed Strangetown  (Read 7777 times)
grammapat
Asinine Airhead

Well at least I aint stupid!

View Profile
Strang re-installed Strangetown
« on: 2011 January 20, 23:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had uninstalled everything but the base Sim2. I did get the mode stopping excess towny spawn. When I reinstalled, the hoods were "odd", expecially Strangetown. Pleasantview & Veronaville had no one in the houses; they weren't in bin, which had the usual 10 or so families. But Strangetown looked like a stripped-down version of the Strangetown I had played for a LONG time; that hood was a huge multi-generation hood, no room for a new lot anywhere. The new version shows the Smith house as I left it before I uninstalled; Pt's urn is where I left it, Jenny is an elder, kids Jill & Johnny are there, as well as Johnny's wife (who I had made) & their toddler. In Singles house: Erin Beaker (preg by PT Smith), Lola & Chloe, and Nervous. Other lots still in the hood are: the odd dark woman & her niece (who in my old hood no longer existed), Specters, and Grunt (the original version, not as I left them). Except for a few empty (Maxis) houses, and a few empty lots, that's all that is there. BESIDES THIS, the relationships seem wrong: Lola & Chloe are half-sibs to Curious brothers --- or am I just not remembering that this IS the way they were? Everyone's  "people I know" screens are correct; i.e. they have no memory of the many other people in the hood who are now gone. I'm thinking this must be related to fact that I did not uninstall the base Sim; but who could it be this mixture of restoration? Shall I be expecting fiery explosion?
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
Re: Strang re-installed Strangetown
« Reply #1 on: 2011 January 21, 00:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you perchance read the message that comes up when installing freetime?  "This product will create saved games in a different format from your currently saved games. Should you ever wish to uninstall this product your saved games will be unreadable by previous Sims 2 products. It is recommended you cancel installation now and back-up Sims 2 saved games for all users..."

Maybe you should have paid attention.

grammapat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 January 21, 15:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so THAT'S what happens! Still, seems odd that each hood translated differantly. But I don't really care. PS: do you recall if relationship between Curious & Smith Sims?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 January 21, 16:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chloe and Lola are half-sisters to Jenny, Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo, but in an unfixed, default Maxis-fail version of Strangetown, their family relationships are not set up, allowing for incest and fun things like that. Most "clean" versions of Strangetown have this fixed.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 January 21, 17:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah... I think grammapat's "Well at least I aint stupid!" tagline is completely wrong. How many threads have you started in the last couple days? Four? How many of them have all been determined to be PEBKAC problems? All of them?

Also, "aint" is very improper english, but if you do insist on using it please kindly remember that is a fucking contraction and requires an apostrophe.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
grammapat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 January 21, 18:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for my "...aint stupid" tag; would you have understood if I had said "...aint stoopud"?  NO?  Well, shall be continue onward? {poke}.  And at least I can count up to two; I have started TWO (2) threads. Quick, before I go back to my hole, take this opportunity to delight us with your evaluation of these posts: ergo, <1problemX2=me vs you=event horizon. P.S. it's English, not english.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 January 21, 18:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for my "...aint stupid" tag; would you have understood if I had said "...aint stoopud"?  NO?  Well, shall be continue onward? {poke}.  And at least I can count up to two; I have started TWO (2) threads. Quick, before I go back to my hole, take this opportunity to delight us with your evaluation of these posts: ergo, <1problemX2=me vs you=event horizon.

LOLWUT? You wanna rephrase into English? I can't translate stupid.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
grammapat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 January 21, 18:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I assume you are referring to my "equation"?  One problem was put into two posts (because I didn't know they WERE one problem), this "equals" {resulted in} you and I talking to each other, which "equals"...look up "event horizon".  If this is NOT the "stupid" you can't translate, too bad.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 January 21, 19:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 January 22, 09:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
grammapat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 January 23, 03:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Tarlia (you're the one over 3?); Pescado...I shall continue to admire you from afar, as is fitting.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 January 23, 06:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Tarlia (you're the one over 3?); Pescado...I shall continue to admire you from afar, as is fitting.

There is no 3, only 0.  Please go admire Pescado from even "afarther".

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 January 23, 07:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to apologise for helping the behaviourally challenged, I didn't know at the time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: