More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 15:32:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  is there a doctor in the house?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: is there a doctor in the house?  (Read 23559 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: is there a doctor in the house?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 17, 07:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I have to print this thread, and show my neurologist,  what all of you have written about the disturbances the computer screen makes. May be then he will agree to approve my theory...Smiley.
I am not a doctor, I studied for nurse 2 years only, but I have some knowledge in diagnosis. Besides, every one "feels" the cause of the symptoms, if the phisical check shows OK results.
When the EEG check showed OK, the doctors went to the "stress" direction. I knew I was not stressed at all, and that couldn't be the cause. But the computer screen - it has to be researched by all the neurologists...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 17, 15:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They know about the problems, which is why workplace regulations often include time limits spent using a VDU before the worker has to have a ten minute break.  Responsible employers ensure that these regulations are in place in their establishment, and that they are enforced.  They also send their employees for regular eye-tests unless the person concerned already wears glasses and has those checks anyway.  I know, because my sister worked with VDUs from when the first IBM accounting machines switched to computerised systems rather than mechanical.  So, if the employers know the risks, then doctors must have informed them of them in the first place.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 25, 05:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, update time...  been to the neurologist today...

the verdict is that the blip on my CT scan was probably nothing, but I'm to have an MRI to be sure.

The headaches are probably just tension headaches and I'm to take antidepressants as a preventative measure...    Shocked  Huh
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 25, 05:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the verdict is that the blip on my CT scan was probably nothing, but I'm to have an MRI to be sure.

The headaches are probably just tension headaches and I'm to take antidepressants as a preventative measure...    Shocked  Huh

That's good news Smiley

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 25, 05:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very good news indeed.   
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 25, 07:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Triffic! Once you've had a MRI you'll be able to relax and put your fears aside.

Maybe a 2nd opinion on that one? There are heaps of things people can do about tension headaches without using anti-depressants, might pay to google & try a few. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 25, 08:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ness, I don't know you but truly hope that everything works out for you.
About the antidepressants ...
My daughter had a brain tumor, she was prescribed mild antidepressants, which we questioned, and were told that something in this particular tablet helped with headache pain in a way that the normal/usual painkillers didn't.

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 25, 09:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a 2nd opinion on that one? There are heaps of things people can do about tension headaches without using anti-depressants, might pay to google & try a few. Smiley

Small doses of certain anti-depressants have been found to help with tension headache. It doesn't mean the doctor thinks you're "crazy" or that depression is causing your headaches. It's a standard medication used for chronic tension headache that can help you to lower your dose of pain medication that in the long run can be harmful to you. That's not the only treatment for headaches, of course, but it's a fully valid one.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 25, 19:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's a standard treatment...  it just surprised me...  thing is, I'm a stress-head from way back, and I don't actually feel all that stressed right now...  I guess I'm just annoyed that the doctor told me the name of the drug and that it would work to prevent the headaches from occurring, but told me nothing else about it - I would have had a lot more questions if he had!  I think I'm just used to my GP and rheumatologist - I've been seeing them for long enough for them to know that I need all the information, and I prefer it in medical-speak rather than dumbed down, and I'll ask if I'm unclear - doctors who just push something on you without full explanations of why and what it does annoy the crap out of me!  I took this stuff for the first time last night, and have woken up feeling so revoltingly groggy and out of it, I really don't think I'm going to enjoy this!  But...  I do have a sinus infection...  and I'm rambling...  so I'll shut up now!
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 26, 01:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, sinus infections can certainly give you "brain fog."    Nasty things they are.    Check the drug compendium for the side effects of the antidepressant you are on.     It may be that it is going to take a couple of days for your body to adjust to them.   I know there are a couple of new antidepressants on the market that don't have any side effects that they are aware of.    It's always possible to get them to switch it
if you are having problems.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 26, 02:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you determine that you are groggy from the new meds, perhaps your doc can lower the dosage.  I know for me I tend to have a very low tolerance for drugs and generally require a lower dosage of many things.  All you need to do is ask!

So glad your news was good.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 26, 03:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ness, I wish good health for you and I hope everything works out.   Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: