More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:53:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Generating townies - many errors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generating townies - many errors  (Read 6123 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Generating townies - many errors
« on: 2008 April 05, 21:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly a stupid Ness thing.

After not playing sims for months, I finally found the time to install free time and slapped it over my origninal installation without making any changes.  This means I still have empty templates in there.

Currently messing about with Desiderata Valley, so didn't notice the lack of townie thing until I sent a sim to uni.  No dormies.  Attempted to mass-generate dormies using the mail box as before and kept getting errors thrown at me.  I managed to get a decent number generated by cancelling the errors when they popped up.

Is this a sign of a very bad thing?  Apart from those errors everything has been running fairly smoothly.  Is townie generation now just seriously borked, or has something snuck in that shouldn't be in my game that is causing this?  Error log included.  I have 40 of the damn things just from trying to generate dormies.  Haven't tried making downtownies or regular townies in a base hood.

[attachment deleted by admin]
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Re: Generating townies - many errors
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 05, 23:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too just sent my first sims to Uni (clean template) post FT install. No dormies have shown up (at least not yet) but I have SIXTY-THREE professors! Did you generate more than the standard 24?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 05, 23:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My profs seemed to generate without problems at all.  No idea how many I have, though.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 06, 00:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interestingly enough, the errors only occur when trying to generate townies in a uni sub hood.  Base hood is able to generate townies with no problems at all.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 06, 00:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, except for lag, the professors generated without any trouble. I can't imaging why or how I have so many of them, however. Would you mind taking a look and letting me know if you have a surplus too, please? I'd like to know if the problems might be related.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 06, 00:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had errors while generating dormies in the past (before FT), and as a result I no longer use the mailbox to generate dormies.  I don't get the errors if I wait until the sim has been on the lot a couple of sim hours.  I think it might have something to do with the fact that the game is also trying to create the professors at the same time.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 06, 10:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I safely just delete in SimPE at least 39 of the useless pixelpiles? They have no memories or relationships with anyone. For that matter, do I really need 24 of them?

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 06, 11:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, Croidure, already deleted the hood.  I tend to burn through them fairly fast in the early stages of a new EP before I finally settle on one that I'll play long term.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 06, 11:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mass-townie-generator has never worked right. If you want townies to spawn, try removing the anti-respawns. Also, death to all Nesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: