More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 07:14:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dizzy Sitter Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Sitter Hack  (Read 5321 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Dizzy Sitter Hack
« on: 2007 March 12, 02:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Dizzy Smiley You made the original sitter hack that Rufus updated to OFB, yes? Apparently he's not updating anymore because he didn't get Pets (and the hack doesn't work with pets) and I love that thing. It works perfectly for what I need and I can't find anything else that does at all... so I thought it was worth a shot asking if you would update it for Pets and Seasons?

<does that begging thing that got me nowhere with Pescado but I know better than to offer him whipped cream and strawberries on top as he only likes raw meat and maybe that would work for you?>

In any case, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd consider it.

Unsouper
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Dizzy Sitter Hack
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 12, 03:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second this request!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 12, 04:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was one of my favorite hacks and I sadly retired it when I installed Pets.  I would love to see it make a comeback.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 12, 05:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto on that. That particular hack is very sorely missed.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 12, 21:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* dizzy remembers how much "fun" it was to debug in the first place

I'm going to go with APO+Maxis nanny. Nannies are not too bad if you know how to contain them.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 12, 23:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well, it was worth a shot. Thanks for considering it. Maybe Christianlov can get the AIO to do this, but then again I don't think that mod's updated yet either, so maybe not. The Maxis nanny doesn't work for me. Not that I mind her that much (or even use one that often) but I'm trying not to have NPCs (and for the most part I don't have very many and the few I have to have are cloned up to look like my characters) and then my storyline requires a neighborhood character to be the babysitter for her daughter (don't ask, it's weird). I can use insim to bring her in and add her to the family temporarily instead, it's just more fun if it feels like the game did it Smiley Anyways, all is good and there's always another way and thanks again for thinking about it.

Unsouper
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 13, 00:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the sitter hack stopped working for Pets, what I  have done is use the teleporter shrub to bring a relative, neighbor or family friend to the lot, made them selectable, and afterwards send them payment with JM's money order object. It's more work than the sitter hack was, but it could be useful for story purposes.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 13, 03:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make servos and shuffle them from lot to lot until the kids don't need a nanny-type. Baby controller helps a lot - especially if there is more than one rugrat Tongue
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 14, 07:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the sitter hack stopped working for Pets, what I  have done is use the teleporter shrub to bring a relative, neighbor or family friend to the lot, made them selectable, and afterwards send them payment with JM's money order object. It's more work than the sitter hack was, but it could be useful for story purposes.

That's what I do, usually with a grandparent.  I wish teenagers would qualify as "gaurdians" though, once the game forced me to hire a sitter when the baby was left with his teenage father.  But parent or no, teens should be able to tend to the kids.  That's what most babysitters are in real life anways.  I wonder why maxis chose to go with the old nanny instead?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 14, 06:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish teenagers would qualify as "gaurdians" though, once the game forced me to hire a sitter when the baby was left with his teenage father.  But parent or no, teens should be able to tend to the kids. 

AFAIK, it's ok to leave babies, toddlers and children home with a teen. I don't recall ever having a problem with that.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 14, 06:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, toddlers and children can already be left in the care of their 12 year old siblings. For better or worse. You may also want to try sshack, which will remove most of the stupidity while keeping the real punishments.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 19, 09:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, it's ok to leave babies, toddlers and children home with a teen. I don't recall ever having a problem with that.

No, this happened to me Huh 

Now that I think about it, I can remember having problems leaving the baby home in the care of an adult too, where it wouldn't let one of my adults leave for work without hiring a sitter, even though there was another there.  Maybe it all goes back to some other problem in my game.  I haven't had any problems in a while though, but then again, I haven't played with any families needing sitters in a while either. Undecided

You may also want to try sshack, which will remove most of the stupidity while keeping the real punishments.

Oh god what I wouldn't do without it Tongue  Who takes kids away for bad grades anyways Roll Eyes  I like keepiing my trailer trash kids failing, reminds me of the kids I knew in school growing up.  They still lived with their families anyways.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: