More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 01:02:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  That was quick
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: That was quick  (Read 7333 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
That was quick
« on: 2005 July 15, 11:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that was fast work. Tell me JM, what is the fire signifying, are you implementing your negative rating scale?

By the way, that little joke with the link you gave is very funny, you actually had me wondering, even if it was for just a moment. Poor little guy, why is he losing his head?

Anyway,I'm glad you are back.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: That was quick
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 16, 00:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, that little joke with the link you gave is very funny, you actually had me wondering, even if it was for just a moment. Poor little guy, why is he losing his head?

I thought that was pretty cool really! That guy losing his head every few seconds. But then I am easily amused.  Grin

Of course seeing as how this is moreawesomethanyou.com I think we could do with some burninating of the peasants and junk like that.

I just keep picturing the peasants running around burning, yelling feebly at Trogdor: "Please stop burninating us massive beefy armed dragon-man!"
Mwahahahahaha!!!

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 16, 02:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course seeing as how this is moreawesomethanyou.com I think we could do with some burninating of the peasants and junk like that.

I just keep picturing the peasants running around burning, yelling feebly at Trogdor: "Please stop burninating us massive beefy armed dragon-man!"
Mwahahahahaha!!!

I am glad you're in a good mood again :P
But I do think JM prefers tanks. I received quite an education about tanks, turrets etc. from JM and Larry.

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 16, 02:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fire is kind of a placeholder. It also symbolizes burnination.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 16, 02:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see. I only asked because I remember (vaguely) a post of yours that had to do with rating systems. Something like "positive ratings are for wusses, we need negative ratings and fire and flames" or something like that. It would've been interesting to see how you would implement that; but I have no doubt, if anyone can, it's you.

G.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 16, 16:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! Burnination for all! I notice that the fire looks suspiciously similiar to the Sims fire graphic. Hmm.

You should implement something like slashdot's system, except use "interesting" or "controversial" as your yardstick. That would be cool. And useful, in a fire-related sort of way.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 20, 13:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! Burnination for all! I notice that the fire looks suspiciously similiar to the Sims fire graphic. Hmm.

You should implement something like slashdot's system, except use "interesting" or "controversial" as your yardstick. That would be cool. And useful, in a fire-related sort of way.

Ahh, but interesting isn't neccessarily helpful, and controversial isn't neccessarily bad, and it could be both. What then? Based on comments JM has made in the Daily Idiot, I suspect there will be no system of this type and obnoxious parties will simply be burninated (sitebanned?).
Please Oh Great Pescado, don't rip off my lips for presuming to offer conjecture.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: