More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:18:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor - Updated. Added CS Radio Controlled Coconut.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor - Updated. Added CS Radio Controlled Coconut.  (Read 38230 times)
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor - Updated. Added CS Radio Controlled Coconut.
« on: 2008 September 27, 22:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the radio controlled cat attractor from PS. It has its own GUID and Group Number so it won't overwrite Basegame's Remote Control Car. Requires FT (Pets, not sure).

Radio Controlled Cat Attractor: Sims, cats, and even dogs can play with, costs .

Radio Controlled Coconut: Sims, cats, and dogs can play with.

Both can be found under "Electronics > Entertainment".

10/27/08 Removed useless NPC. Fixed thumbnail (Radio Controlled Cat Attractor). Added CS Radio Controlled Coconut. Requires FT.

* RadioControlledMouseNCoconut.package (196.85 KB - downloaded 2718 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 28, 01:55:48 by Richief » Logged
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 28, 19:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you, funny thing!

I wonder is there any objects to be converted from newest AL Pets stories?
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 28, 19:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Richief - I tried putting this in my game and I noticed that the remote control car disappeared.  It's nice to have this too.  Thanks for fixiing it so that we can have both.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 28, 20:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder is there any objects to be converted from newest AL Pets stories?

What do you mean with AL Pets stories  Huh ? Do you mean if there is something that is missing to be converted? If so the ice block (almost complete) and vending machine (won't work) are still missing.

I tried putting this in my game and I noticed that the remote control car disappeared.  It's nice to have this too.  Thanks for fixiing it so that we can have both.

The RC Car is a self-referencing object, here is a tutorial that helped me a lot.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 29, 03:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Ailias means the Apartment Life Pets Stories for Nintendo DS - if there is any new things in there, I don't see how it could be done.  That would be great to have the ice block from Pet Stories too Richief - I'd like it too if you are fixing it to work.  Doesn't matter if the vending machine won't work since there is a vending machine in Apartment Life.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 14, 20:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much for bringing us the object Wink

And I have some suggestion for making it better. I found that the thumbnail of the converted version looked different from the original PS version. And I guess it would be much better if the two thumbnails could be made consistent.

So, I would suggest adding rewardCatMagnetCar_thumbnail_mouseRCCarShape_cres inside X:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Pet Stories\TSData\Res\3D\Objects05.package to the package.

Hope you will agree with me.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2008 October 18, 18:49:56 by SiuPang » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 14, 20:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Ailias means the Apartment Life Pets Stories for Nintendo DS - if there is any new things in there, I don't see how it could be done.  That would be great to have the ice block from Pet Stories too Richief - I'd like it too if you are fixing it to work.  Doesn't matter if the vending machine won't work since there is a vending machine in Apartment Life.
I've toyed with extracting the ice block from Pet Stories, but it doesn't work out well. It relies on effects that do not port well, and you get a snow of ones and zeroes instead. Still toying with it in moments of free time. Needs MOAR CHAINSAW!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 14, 20:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've toyed with extracting the ice block from Pet Stories, but it doesn't work out well. It relies on effects that do not port well, and you get a snow of ones and zeroes instead. Still toying with it in moments of free time. Needs MOAR CHAINSAW!

The effect is working as he should if you put this texture i have attached here into the table object Package. I got the table to work exept the missing sounds and the Icesculpture got invisble if she was finished so i deletet him from my game.

Here is Sim crafting with working effects.

« Last Edit: 2008 October 22, 12:15:26 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 14, 22:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Siupang,
I already found the Tumbnail CRES (or was it the SHPE?) while I looked for the "Ice Cloud" effect, but I've been lazy and not used it. Maybe later...  Tongue

About the Ice Block,
My Sims can use it and succesfully craft the Ice Swan, however there's no sound or ice cloud effect (thought I imported some Ice Cloud textures I found in one Objects0X.packages). I even modified it to build "Creatvity" and "Arts & Crafts Enthusiasm". Also I added a "Sell for §", "Continue" and "Scrap" interaction as if it where a Crafting Bench.

Note: After the sculpture is finished it also disappears, but I "solved" this by deleteing "Sub - Place Finished Sculpture In Table" from "Sub - Process", this will leave the sculpture as its final stage (just some ice leftover).

Havelock,
How did you extracted the "Ice Cloud" Effect? I looked all over through "3D, Objects,Text, Sound, Effects, Catalog, etc." folders but with no luck, I found out that the "Effect" folder only contains a UNK file called "Effect Lists" is that it Huh ? As I said before I extracted some Ice Cloud Textures I found, but what is missing?

Edit:
Anyone knows how to extract sound effects? I opened both "Sfx1" and "Sfx2" packages, but they only contain UNK files (and TRKS?) and some MP3s iTunes cannot play Angry.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 14, 23:13:30 by Richief » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 15, 01:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would need Pescados cs_corefuncs for the effect to work.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 16, 16:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:
Anyone knows how to extract sound effects? I opened both "Sfx1" and "Sfx2" packages, but they only contain UNK files (and TRKS?) and some MP3s iTunes cannot play Angry.

Maybe Lord Darcy knows the answer. IIRC, he's made some sound fix for chairs before. Try PM him. We all look forward to a functioning Ice Block crafting table.  Wink
BTW, is it really impossible to convert the PS vending machine? I tried before, but it turned out to function exactly the same as the cell phone vending machine in University.
Is it possible to modify the Behavior Functions/Constants? Or does it have something to do with the uneditable Flow Trees Huh
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 18, 01:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would need Pescados cs_corefuncs for the effect to work.

What does Pescados cs_corefuncs has to do with Ice Cloud effect Huh ? I have cs_corefuncs, and the txtures I extracted before (which are the same you're offering) but the effect ain't work. What am I missing?

BTW, is it really impossible to convert the PS vending machine? I tried before, but it turned out to function exactly the same as the cell phone vending machine in University.
Is it possible to modify the Behavior Functions/Constants? Or does it have something to do with the uneditable Flow Trees Huh

The same happens to me, the snack machine turns to be the cell phone kiosk from UNI. I tried modifying BHAV and BCON values but the machine crashed. Hopefully someone more awesome than us fixes it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 22, 02:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The effect is working as he should if you put this texture i have attached here into the table object Package. I got the table to work exept the missing sounds and the Icesculpture got invisble if she was finished so i deletet him from my game.
Havelocks: This is relevant to my interests, because I have working sound, just not working ice effect, instead it spewed 1s and 0s. If this works, I should be able to produce a working iceblock. With MOAR CHAINSAW!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Paradoxe
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 22, 09:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If ever it works (I wholeheartedly hope it), do you think it possible to make the chainsaw animation separated from the ice block ? I'm thinking about nasty funny things and some sims "cuttting". Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 22, 12:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't seriously think I didn't already think of that, did you?

Paradoxe
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 22, 13:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I would be surprised if you didn't. Tongue

It's just, I wondered about the possibility of this, not the will of yours to make it work.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 22, 14:06:44 by Paradoxe » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 22, 14:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Havelocks: This is relevant to my interests, because I have working sound, just not working ice effect, instead it spewed 1s and 0s. If this works, I should be able to produce a working iceblock. With MOAR CHAINSAW!

It would work with cs_corefunks and the no longer missing texture. It was simple to find what is needed for the effect to work, i had only to read the message you called:
a snow of ones and zeroes
because it was the missing texture thingy.  Cheesy
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 28, 01:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found a way to prevent the creation of a useless NPC in order for this car to work. RC Cars follow the path of an invisible Sim, so in order to create a new RC Car you need to create a new NPC. But as the game only considers "NPC - Remote Control Car", custom NPCs can be dangerous. Look at the pic:

This happened when I was converting CS RC Car, note "NPC - CS - Crafting Station - Remote Control Car". And happened once with PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor. I'm not sure what will happen if you click yes, but in order to prevent this I made a fix. As FT added two RC Cars (Classic and Helicopter) the NPC was updated with the GUIDs of these, so I updated it as well to include the GUIDs of CS and PS RC Cars.

The new version of this item includes both CS Radio Controlled Coconut and PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor (with original thumbnail as suggested by SiuPang), plus the updated "NPC - Remote Control Car". Check first post for updates.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor - Updated. Added CS Radio Controlled Coconut.
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 16, 05:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hiya, Richief, how is the iceblock project going Huh Any progress?
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor - Updated. Added CS Radio Controlled Coconut.
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 16, 22:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally forgot about it, I thought Pescado was working on it... Mine is still missing sound and ice spray effect.
koowll
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 17, 01:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, could someone put the IceBlock's download link here again. I lost this object!
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 November 18, 00:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the previous posts, you may find it.
Iridium
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor - Updated. Added CS Radio Controlled Cocon
« Reply #22 on: 2008 November 18, 20:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you'll find it easier if you put a watermelon in your head.

Juu nin, tou iro.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 November 20, 09:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooops... I wanna ask one stupid question Tongue.

I ran the game The Sims Castaway Stories just now and did not find the remote car in game? Is that the remote car is some sorta missing objects in CS?

And I've also seen somewhere saying there is a portal "Makeshift Radio" in CS. I didn't find that in the original CS game either? Could somebody give me more info about these objects?
« Last Edit: 2008 November 20, 10:04:24 by SiuPang » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: PS Radio Controlled Cat Attractor - Updated. Added CS Radio Controlled Cocon
« Reply #24 on: 2008 November 20, 10:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is operational, but currently the ice swan does nothing.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: