More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 00:21:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Custom Careers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Careers  (Read 6598 times)
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Custom Careers
« on: 2006 May 12, 06:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK so I know how to make the careers using SimPe and the Career thingy but the GUI's being changed in OFB I no longer kno how to make it so I do not overwrite an already exsisting career. Granted some I wouldn't mind doing that to but I'd still like to know how to do it again. If anyone could give me a quick guide to it I'd be very greatful!

Chami

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Custom Careers
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 12, 06:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot help you at all.

But many over at MTS2 site have done custom career, maybe someone there already did a tutorial about how to create custom career.  Did you check there?
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 12, 11:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ChamiMinds: ok, I just HAVE to ask, what gives with your avatar? Are you a brit who loves Greece, a greek who lives in the UK, or do you just wish Greece to be part of the Royal British Empire?  Smiley

Let the Beast inside you free!
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 12, 13:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he/she is a Grit Tongue

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 12, 13:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or a Breece Cheesy

ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 13, 22:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First MissDoh Yes I've checked at MTS2 but no one has updated it for OFB yet so I thought I'd ask here. :o)

And Dr. Beast, Flowerchile and Emma, You three are the first ever to comment on my avatar. I've used it several places now and no ones says anything til now! LOL. I'm a she for starters :oP and I'm American secondly. I love that avatar because it's so wrong, I'm a huge fan of the UK and London in particular. I'm trying to move there.. but I just found it on a tee shirt site actually and I laughed at it a lot, mostly because there are a lot of people out there that say "Oh that's the flag for Greece" and I just get to laugh at their stupidity. So there's the explanation on my avatar. Sorry it wasn't more exciting for you all.. but if you want a better story I'm sure I could make up a good one for you. Hehe.

ChamiMinds

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 13, 23:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First MissDoh Yes I've checked at MTS2 but no one has updated it for OFB yet so I thought I'd ask here. Shocked)

And Dr. Beast, Flowerchile and Emma, You three are the first ever to comment on my avatar. I've used it several places now and no ones says anything til now! LOL. I'm a she for starters :oP and I'm American secondly. I love that avatar because it's so wrong, I'm a huge fan of the UK and London in particular. I'm trying to move there.. but I just found it on a tee shirt site actually and I laughed at it a lot, mostly because there are a lot of people out there that say "Oh that's the flag for Greece" and I just get to laugh at their stupidity. So there's the explanation on my avatar. Sorry it wasn't more exciting for you all.. but if you want a better story I'm sure I could make up a good one for you. Hehe.

ChamiMinds
Here's a more interesting story behind your avator if you wish to tell one in the future.
You're a Greek drug lord, and and on the run from the Greek Government and hiding in the UK. You've changed your name to hide your indentity, but continue to do drug dealings at seedy Soho pubs in the backstreets of London, all the while, trying to create a fake birth certificate to become a British citizen to marry your English sweetheart.

Grin

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 14, 22:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a more interesting story behind your avator if you wish to tell one in the future.
You're a Greek drug lord, and and on the run from the Greek Government and hiding in the UK. You've changed your name to hide your indentity, but continue to do drug dealings at seedy Soho pubs in the backstreets of London, all the while, trying to create a fake birth certificate to become a British citizen to marry your English sweetheart.

;D

Nice one Onion Girl. I love it! hehe. hehe. I'm going to be using that story in the future for sure! Don't forget my trendy zuit suit that I wear when I'm selling my drugs.. I might do it in seedy soho pubs but I certainly know how to look good even in not so good looking places. Also if you cross me you'll have to deal with my machine gun..

hmm that was fun!

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 15, 00:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fun stories :)

And now that I know how hot you are are on the Uzi trigger, I'm dying to know who you mind ;)

Unsouper
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 15, 09:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah...and I thought I wouldn't be the only greek in this site anymore...  Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 15, 11:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, someone had this particular image here:

The irony being nobody actually noticed the Belgian flag as the background.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 15, 19:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, sorry to re-rail the thread, but I'd also like to know how to replace a career GUID in the new SimPE.  XD

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 15, 23:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah...and I thought I wouldn't be the only greek in this site anymore...  :P

Awh I can pretend to be greek if it'll make you feel better. It could be rather fun too!

ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 15, 23:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, someone had this particular image here:

The irony being nobody actually noticed the Belgian flag as the background.

Haha! That is terrific I love things like that. Anything to make me laugh at others is always a plus. Thanks for sharing JMP. Though I'm not as rude as I just made that sound.

Ooh and Amberdiceless I thought I was the only one who still cared about the orginal post. Glad to know I'm not alone! :o)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 16, 00:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, sorry to re-rail the thread, but I'd also like to know how to replace a career GUID in the new SimPE.  XD
I dunno anything about new SimPE, I only use Ye Olde SimPE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 16, 01:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh and Amberdiceless I thought I was the only one who still cared about the orginal post. Glad to know I'm not alone! Shocked)

Heh, well, I don't think I've ever seen it explicitly stated that custom careers are considered a non-awesome type of hack, but that's the impression I sort of get...there's certainly not much space devoted to them around here...which is a shame, since I've got a couple that need some fixing that's beyond my level of ability. XD

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 16, 09:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an assumption only (of course, one should never assume as it will make an ass of you and me, but anyhoo), but I *think* that any career that's Uni-compatible is also compatible for all other EPs. Some custom careers I've been using were only "upgraded" once, making them Uni-compatible when that EP came out. After that they've been behaving nicely, even with all other EPs installed.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 16, 17:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an assumption only (of course, one should never assume as it will make an ass of you and me, but anyhoo), but I *think* that any career that's Uni-compatible is also compatible for all other EPs. Some custom careers I've been using were only "upgraded" once, making them Uni-compatible when that EP came out. After that they've been behaving nicely, even with all other EPs installed.

Heh.  I believe you're right, but the issue I have is with a couple careers I made and involves a bug that refuses to be stamped out regardless of EP.  Smiley

ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 16, 22:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes same for me as Amber. I just need to know how to fix up some of the other carreers and make better ones. I guess I'll just have to fiddle around on my own and hope nothing goes boom! Or find someone out there who is willing to give me a hand. Though no luck so far. ::pout::

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 16, 22:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes same for me as Amber. I just need to know how to fix up some of the other carreers and make better ones. I guess I'll just have to fiddle around on my own and hope nothing goes boom! Or find someone out there who is willing to give me a hand. Though no luck so far. ::pout::

I have a sinking suspicion that my problem may lie in the BHAV's or some other arcane portion of the code that is far too awesome for me to tinker with...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: