More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 11:18:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  jumping and gliding
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: jumping and gliding  (Read 3634 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
jumping and gliding
« on: 2007 February 12, 06:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

every once in a while some of my sims jump up in the air while they are talking to someone and sometimes they glide accross the floor.    Is anybody else having a problem like that?    I just reinstalled last weekend and I had to download all my pets hacks again.   Could it be a hack or is it an  EA problem?

thanks  ,  Lynn
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: jumping and gliding
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 12, 07:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Sims doing the "jumping" are kids, yes, that's a known bug, and over 50% of the people who bothered to respond to the thread last time the question was asked admitted to having it.

Not sure if I've seen the "gliding."  Can you describe the circumstances?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 12, 07:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attempts to fix this have been largely unsuccessful. If this happens, the usual solution is to try Force Error, Reset.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 12, 11:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you describe the circumstances?

The lady was gliding across the floor for a few seconds after she did the jumping.  lol

I forgot how to force the error,  I know you turn on the boolprop cheat thing and then you right click your mouse and push a button on the keypad but I can't remember which one.   Embarrassed

You need an icon with a person who has on a dunce cap for me.  rofl
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 12, 15:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims glide across the floor in a seated position after playing chess.  Their heads were turned around and they'd glide for about a tile, stop, glide about another tile, stop, etc. until they got to where I sent them.  Then they'd stand up and do whatever I sent them to do.  And were fine after that.

The first time it happened was with Nervous Subject in Strangetown.  Since it had never happened before, I thought maybe there was something about him - that he was supposed to do it!  And that was base game only - before any patches or EPs.

It's only happened once or twice since then, to different sims in different neighborhoods.

And yes, I have the floating kids.  Had a toddler break a toy robot the other day, and sent Mom to fix it.  She had to lecture him first, and he floated at child's height while she lectured him.  It has only been children otherwise.  And that is only since Pets.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 12, 15:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need an icon with a person who has on a dunce cap for me.  rofl

I usually use the Lot Debugger, but that resets all the Sims on the lot, even the ones you don't want reset, such as toddlers with stuck Smart Milk.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 12, 18:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You shift+click on the sim in question.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: