More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:13:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!  (Read 190939 times)
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #100 on: 2005 October 13, 14:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the laugh. Very funny stuff, Rohina.  Cheesy

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #101 on: 2005 October 13, 23:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great update, rohina! But three kids, oy!

That third one was the killer, and I really truly was surprised. I swear I didn't "try for baby," and I freaked out when I heard the music. Then she has to be a girl. I think she may be the one who stays at uni to keep the lot going.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #102 on: 2005 October 14, 03:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I installed Nightlife, my sims (0 neat 10 outgoing and 10 active) have lost the ability to pee on the bushes or the money tree... They'd rather pee themselves...
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 October 14, 05:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I installed Nightlife, my sims (0 neat 10 outgoing and 10 active) have lost the ability to pee on the bushes or the money tree... They'd rather pee themselves...

Yet another reason not to get Nightlife. Huh. I have noticed that the peeing on bushes does seem to have some weird issues; not all sims who have 10 outgoing and 0 neat will do it. (Well, obviously, *female* sims never do it, which is completely unfair. I think girls should be able to go behind the bushes.)  I have a story about one guy with this problem coming soon. Also, some of the kids wouldn't pee on the bushes until they were teens, and I think reggikko had a story about a guy who stopped using the bushes when he became an elder. I don't think any of my sims has ever peed on a money tree.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 October 14, 05:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That third one was the killer, and I really truly was surprised. I swear I didn't "try for baby," and I freaked out when I heard the music.

Here's how you get a baby when you didn't intentionally try for one.  Notice in the picture where the arrow is, and which selection is highlighted?  If you draw a line from her left eye to the point on the arrow, anything on that line or above will do Try for Baby.  Anything below the line will do a simple Woohoo.

http://img1.yoxio.com/img/133823.jpg

I suspect the odds of this happening are about the same as normal birth control failing, and for the same reasons:  human error. Smiley  It does add some spice to the game tho, doesn't it? Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 October 14, 07:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but there is also risky woohoo which I believe people still use, I do anyway and it only seems to happen by surprise when I least expect (and want) it.

Enjoying the story and looking forward to more awesome updates.

I've found a lot of 0 Neat, 9+Outgoing who refuse to pee on bushes, but will pee on money trees, though others with identical personalities will not pee anywhere except a toilet.
Somebody said Sims were more likely to pee on the plants grown from the Slacker career reward, but the first time I did the Challenge, there were dozens of those stupid plants and not a single taker.
I also discovered that my Son in the family who happily peed on bushes as a teen and adult lost the ability after being abducted and having twins... (my first non-cheat abduction and couldn't have been worse timing)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 October 20, 06:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two new installments in my email saga. First, the one where I suck, and lose the perfect score:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=57684

And then the one where I sucked from day one, so the inability to keep the zero score intact IS the story:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=57686&asset_type=story&user_id=797212

Enjoy, mock, whatever.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #107 on: 2005 October 21, 05:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rohina, I feel your pain. I wonder what it is that causes Sims to lose their ability to pee on the bushes? How many Email families do you have going, anyway?  Wink

And may I ask where you get the hippy-ish clothing I see in your stories?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 October 21, 16:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was so kicking myself about the non-bush-peeing elder, because it wasn't like I hadn't read your story, reggikko.

I have the main email family that is strictly observant. In addition, there is one more strict household - Sirius and his wife and now son. Then there's the family Mandy came from, but they are not strict emailers, and Blake's family, but they just have email personalities; they live in a proper house. So that's four families, and there are a bunch of other people in the neighbourhood, mostly from the bachelor challenge. I am playing some of them more than others.

The majority of the hippie clothes are by HappyMoonBelly, and you can get them at parsimonious.org. They have some of the best clothes, I think.

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2005 October 21, 19:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG I have tears in my eyes. That was the funniest thing I've read in a while.

And where did you get Emily's hair? It looks very realistic. I'd love to download it for my own sims. Thanks!

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 October 21, 22:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're awesome! I absolutely loved Mandy's story and the conflict between mom's orthodox lifestyle vs. dad's attempts to be more traditional. The potty training killed me. Great job!

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 October 22, 02:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witches, Emily's hair came from The Sims Resource. It's by angelmarie. TSR is a pay site, which I know people don't like, but I don't mind paying them because their rates are really reasonable and they have such huge numbers of things to download. They also rotate their free content, so it might come up, but I have no idea how long you would have to wait.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 October 28, 10:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to attempt this challenge - I've been rather uninspired with my legacy lately.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 October 28, 19:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, make sure you let us know how it goes, and where to read your story, if you do one. I want to laugh at someone else's misery.

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 October 29, 00:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I will absolutely do a story  Grin

I'll link it when I have something.  I can't believe no one has beaten this challenge - I'll do my best (although I have a feeling I might suck).
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...The bane of my existence today!)
« Reply #115 on: 2005 October 30, 06:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have completely sucked at this challenge thus far.

My founder, J.M. Pescado, and his wife Minion, are pictured here:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 October 30, 07:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the beard supposed to be white? Anyway, come on, tell what happened.

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 October 30, 07:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The beard will be white when he's old.  Wink

First try - Both Sims peed themselves and Minion went into aspiration failure.  She was pregnant at the time.

Second try - Minion peed herself, and Pescado made fun of me.

Third try - I made the Sims more to J.M.'s specifications, and so far, so good.  Grin

Edit:  J.M. is now the proud and doting (okay, maybe not doting) father of daughter Hellion.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 09:37:55 by BlueSoup » Logged
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 October 31, 06:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, so far so good.  Here's a picture of Hellion Pescado, daughter of J.M.

She inherited the nosebrow.  Grin

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2005 October 31, 06:54:42 by BlueSoup » Logged
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 November 01, 08:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either Pescado has put some serious gris-gris on me or the Universe is out to get me. First child was just born. Not only is she not a boy, she has 10 FREAKING neat points. I have had one born with 9 before, so I know I can deal, but jeezus. Fortunately, encouraging sloppiness goes quickly compared to some others.

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2005 November 01, 13:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a e-mail challenge again hopefully this time I get that elusive perfect score.
So far so good no babies yet will try for pregnacy soon.
Everyone that stated again good luck.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 November 01, 23:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started an E-mail challenge a while back. Been a bit lazy with it though. I'm trying to get back into it. I left off after marrying my founder, his wife was a disappointment. Not only was she neat but she came with a Lifetime Want of graduating three children. Isn't that one glitched?
Christy Stratton (I hope I got her name right) is not good E-mail material. At least she came at the top of a career and with Simoleons to last 'till at least her children get married. Tongue

Off I go to try (and most likely fail) to get a perfect score. I can already see myself losing points...

I like your stories Rohina, very funny. My favorite so far is the one in Uni.
I kind of like Hellion, BlueSoup. Evil mastermind in the making? Wink

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2005 November 02, 00:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hellion will be even more evil than her daddy, if that's even possible.  I haven't had a chance to play with the family for the past couple of days, but after tonight, I have no Internet for a few weeks, so I will have lots of time to kick this challenge's ass!

Psst....Pescado - get ready, I am going to get a perfect score.  Tongue
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2005 November 02, 07:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my first baby born and its a girl I  wanted a boy oh well. Angry At least she is 0 neat, 10 outgoing, 10 active she will get alot of exercise to stay stinky,4 playfull and 9 nice. Just got her into private school last day before she had to start school.
So far still a perfect score wonder for how long.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005 November 02, 13:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My kid just aged to teen. The stupid "Watch out!" driveway command caused her to lose her stuck smart milk, though. She got stuck in a loop trying to hug her mom and I had no choice but to reset her. Bummer.

Also, I wanted her to stay a child for the full time instead of growing her up the day before, but she didn't pee at school and came home with very low bladder. I had to age her so she could use the Energizer. She wasn't getting stinky fast enough.  Wink

My founder is an elder and in Perma-Plat. Her husband also achieved his LTW and has about 10 days to go before he's an elder (I think). Perfect so far, but I know all too well that it only takes one stupid thing to blow it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: