More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 11:14:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Townie Children Respawn Hack - Conflicts with NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Townie Children Respawn Hack - Conflicts with NL  (Read 7405 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
No Townie Children Respawn Hack - Conflicts with NL
« on: 2005 September 22, 23:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My good ol' mumsy, myself, and my sister have determined that the No Townie Children Respawn hack conflicts with the NL game.  So far, it seems that this hack causes Downtown lots to run at full speed and stops Community lots from loading altogether.

So, because my Sims would rather stay home than let the hellspawn into their neighborhood and homes (and it will happen, because after removing the hack from her game, my mother found that the little buggers were regenerating with a vengeance), they're all going to have to miss out on the awesomeosity that is Downtown until a new version of this hack is released.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: No Townie Children Respawn Hack - Conflicts with NL
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 22, 23:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's already listed as needing to be updated on the Official Nightlife List. You know, the onw that's stickied at the top of this forum.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 23, 00:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure it's not on the list... not unless it's been going by a different name lately.  The closest thing I can see is "nossrespawn."

U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 23, 00:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, It's me. I thought that was it. Sorry.

I guess it falls under the "Things not presently on list are under investigation" catagory.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 23, 00:41:29 by U_Dog_U » Logged

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 23, 08:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular product was effectively discontinued as of TS2U, and superceded by no townies, period, after the discovery of the determinism which caused all townies to generate with identical personalities, a lack of variety which you will surely find unappealing with Nightlife.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 23, 08:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey JM, are you planning to make a nodowntowniesregen hack? I would be seriously grateful, even prepared to get lips ripped for that.  Lips sealed

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 23, 14:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, then... does anyone know anything about the compatibility of the No Townie Regen hack and Nightlife?

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 23, 17:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I really think your game does things just to spite you.  Wink

I've made quite a few new neighborhoods in my game, then always use the 'delete all characters' code and regenerate new Townie adults.  I didn't buy University and have used the mod that doesn't allow children or teens to spawn.  While I agree when it comes to the looks department that there's a serious lack of originality in those Townie sims (I mean, who on earth needs 4 Townie sims that look like Arnold Schwarznegger?) they absolutely do not have the same personalities.  After reading that you were having problems with that I checked with SimPE.  One thing I did notice was that all family sims generated were either Cancer or Aquarius, all Romance sims were either Libra or Taurus, and the list goes on with each aspiration being set with two particular signs.  I also noticed that not only did they have varied personalities, but their outward personality wasn't set in stone as to their astrology sign, while their genetic personality matched their signs.

If the no spawn townies mod works with NL I'll go ahead and give it a try, though.  I can always make my own Townies but the problem is that before long I'm running out of original ideas for them and don't mind a few spontaneously generated ones added to the mix. Smiley

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 23, 20:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can always make my own Townies but the problem is that before long I'm running out of original ideas for them and don't mind a few spontaneously generated ones added to the mix. Smiley

That's a good point. I usually make a few townies/ YA's at a time, maybe before I start playing for the evening. I often use the students from my work as a template, lots of international flavour and variety. It would be good though to say with a hack, 'generate 12 townies & stop there'.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 24, 02:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a good imagination but it is so very time-consuming to make all those townies and still have time to actually play the game.
I would love that hack, makes it more interesting if I don't know the personality/aspiration of the townie...

INTJ
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 24, 07:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least I can say I do have some very original Townies now, although not enough of them--or at least I think not enough.  I may add a handful of elders and leave it be for a while and see how things go.

If my memory was better it might bug me too knowing what every one of them's personality, aspirations, etc. is but honestly I can't remember more than about five minutes what I did with them.  I do like to know a little bit about them, though, so named some of them accordingly.  For example, one fortune sim's name is now Brent Lucher, and a Romance sim is Trent Romero.  I won't forget those two.

Ah well--it's late and I'm tired!   

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 24, 09:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made quite a few new neighborhoods in my game, then always use the 'delete all characters' code and regenerate new Townie adults.  I didn't buy University and have used the mod that doesn't allow children or teens to spawn.  While I agree when it comes to the looks department that there's a serious lack of originality in those Townie sims (I mean, who on earth needs 4 Townie sims that look like Arnold Schwarznegger?) they absolutely do not have the same personalities.  After reading that you were having problems with that I checked with SimPE.  One thing I did notice was that all family sims generated were either Cancer or Aquarius, all Romance sims were either Libra or Taurus, and the list goes on with each aspiration being set with two particular signs.  I also noticed that not only did they have varied personalities, but their outward personality wasn't set in stone as to their astrology sign, while their genetic personality matched their signs.
Actually, it has a lot to do with the "firstborn effect". You can read up on this in the War Room, but basically, barring a mass-deletion and regeneration (which means you'll see the sequence play itself out from the beginning), the sims generated, at least pre-NL, will generate with deterministic personalities as determined by the sequence. Since townies would, in normal gameplay, be removed one by one, you'd very likely always start at the very first point in the sequence, and get Aries every time with nearly zero variation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: