More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 22:04:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request: STOP SWOONING OVER ROMANCE SIMS!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request: STOP SWOONING OVER ROMANCE SIMS!!!  (Read 23430 times)
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Request: STOP SWOONING OVER ROMANCE SIMS!!!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 26, 13:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, if you can't get back into platinum aspiration after ending up with a Grilled Cheese Sim, you are in big trouble!  It helps that GC aspiration can make grilled cheese any time of day. Smiley

Or did you mean to *intentionally* turn the Romance Sims into Grilled Cheese Sims? Cheesy

Mmmmaybe.  Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 26, 14:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that intentionally for giggles the first time. To Daniel Pleasant. Just because.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 26, 20:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's harder to get their aspiration up though the older they are.  I tried it with Mortimer, and it seemed like it took forever to get him high enough to use the machine again to turn him back into his old knowledge self.
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 26, 21:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're ugly, why did you make them romance sims?

For a laugh, obviously. When you're designing a really ugly sim in CAS, making it a Romance adds a whole new layer to the hilarity. Anyway, there are sound psychological reasons why ugly characters should act like sluts (low self-esteem, wanting reassurance that they're not really that bad, etc.) There are no reasons why everyone else should find them attractive.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 27, 19:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like my Romance Sims, they make some of the better parents and are easy to keep Platinum in committed relationships.

I do have a bunch of randy Romance sims in one of my neighbourhoods, but they fill their wants with each other. They serve their purpose and the swooning doesn't bother me unless it's a wonderfully devoted spouse swooning over one while their spouse is about to caress them...
Suppose the addition of Nightlife won't hurt too much because I use friendly woohoo so they're just friends Wink

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 02, 10:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a few minutes, I thought that the swooning over romance sims was fixed,but I soon found out it wasn't.  I do like the heart thought bubble when they are thinking about a sim that they are attracted to.  I do wish they didn't use the crush/love sound along with it.  It worries me--I go around trying to find the culprut--but it was only a thought and it is usually gone by the time you figure it out.  It's cool because you can see the attraction a husband has for his wife.  Almost makes up for the fact that he will then turn around and whistle at another romance sim.  I think that they should whistle at anyone they are attracted to, or less they are in a commited relationship; in which case, only thier partner.  They should never whistle at someone they are repelled by--romance sim or not.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 02, 10:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll think about it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 02, 11:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what bribes can we offer to speed the thinking process?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 02, 12:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh-huh I agree with ALL of the above comments...

*Hands Pescado some raw meat* Thinking goes faster on a full stomach, eh, Pes??? Grin

I would really like a reversed affect too! It does make more sense that the Romance sims are the ones swooning over other sims. Also it would be cool if you could make a version that checks wether a sim is in a "commited" relationship or not, for those who would still like their single sims to swoon over romance sims....

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 02, 14:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL at fat and ugly.  Click on this link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85718&page=2&pp=25&highlight=baglady

I made THAT woman Romance and even my teens were swooning over her!  They won't anymore because I've changed her to Pleasure, although they wouldn't anyway until I can put my teen woo-hoo hack back in.

You just made my day

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 02, 19:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night my Sim was swooning over her father-in-law as the Reaper was handing him a Mai Tai. It was a little disturbing, especially with her daughter falling to pieces right next to her.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 03, 00:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night my Sim was swooning over her father-in-law as the Reaper was handing him a Mai Tai. It was a little disturbing, especially with her daughter falling to pieces right next to her.

LOL...well at least I find it amusing.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 03, 01:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's creepy when sims swoon over Romance Sim ghosts.
tibicina
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 03, 03:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a relatively new player to TS2 and, since I really like my sims, have only had one sim die (from old age) and become a ghost.  (She's a pain since I didn't know not to delete her bed, so she regularly wakes up the household.)

I like to pair up romance sims and turn off jealousy on their lots (easier that way and then they don't mess up the lives of knowledge/wealth/family sims), but I admit I was startled when the sim ghost (she was a romance sim) was seen by her former lover (also a romance sim) and he whistled at her...  Nevermind that she's dead, nevermind that she's an elder as a ghost...  I suppose it's better than him wetting his pants, but it does seem a bit macabre...  on the other hand, the male sim in question successfully finished a "have thirty lovers" lifetime want, so whistling at a ghost probably isn't out of character.
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 03, 07:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, now that they have this whole chemistry thing... is the swooning really necessary?  I mean, I get that the sims of the appropriate preference think the Romance sim is hot, but here we have this nifty little system for actually identifying what a given sim actually thinks is hot.  And yet they still swoon over Major Turn-Off himself, which really doesn't make any sense.

Admittedly, the only real reason I don't like it is because the Attraction action tends to muck up queued actions, but that's mostly tolerable.  Except, well, when you're playing one house with six romance sims (for no good reason) and one of them accidentally gets turned gay and spends the rest of her entire existence swooning about her five housemates...

Maybe I'll introduce her to the all-consuming Importance of Grilled Cheese.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 03, 07:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, now that they have this whole chemistry thing... is the swooning really necessary?  I mean, I get that the sims of the appropriate preference think the Romance sim is hot, but here we have this nifty little system for actually identifying what a given sim actually thinks is hot.  And yet they still swoon over Major Turn-Off himself, which really doesn't make any sense.

I agree, with the introduction of Chemistry the swooning over Romance sims has lost even the little grain of sense and point it had. It should be made extinct like the dinosaur it is.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 03, 13:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'll introduce her to the all-consuming Importance of Grilled Cheese.

Cheesy  This really made me laugh.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 20, 03:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a deliberate *bump* of this old thread because today the swooning has officially GOT ON MY NERVES.

OK. It's a wedding. Between two people who love each other very much - and are monogamous. They've invited all their friends. (One of the guys is a Popularity sim, so he has a lot of friends). Some of their friends are Romance sims. So what are the happy couple doing? SWOONING OVER THEIR ROMANCE SIM FRIENDS!

AAARRRGHHH!!!

I had bloody Free Will off and everything, but swooning over Romance sims is like sodding "Smells Yummy" - it happens autonomously and there's nothing you can do to stop it. And then as well as the old Sims 2 swooning, Nightlife has added its delightful "Attraction" thought bubbles with hearts and/or Xs floating around. At one point I was almost ripping my hair out because I was trying to set up a shot of the happy couple kissing while their friends cheered them on, and it was almost impossible to take a photo without 101 stupid thought bubbles of one kind or another. And the thought bubbles are broken, and stack - so a single sim can have two bubbles on top of each other, or even three.

Please, please, please. Anyone who is More Awesome Than I. Make a hack to stop this. PLEASE!

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 20, 03:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a deliberate *bump* of this old thread because today the swooning has officially GOT ON MY NERVES.

OK. It's a wedding. Between two people who love each other very much - and are monogamous. They've invited all their friends. (One of the guys is a Popularity sim, so he has a lot of friends). Some of their friends are Romance sims. So what are the happy couple doing? SWOONING OVER THEIR ROMANCE SIM FRIENDS!

AAARRRGHHH!!!

I had bloody Free Will off and everything, but swooning over Romance sims is like sodding "Smells Yummy" - it happens autonomously and there's nothing you can do to stop it. And then as well as the old Sims 2 swooning, Nightlife has added its delightful "Attraction" thought bubbles with hearts and/or Xs floating around. At one point I was almost ripping my hair out because I was trying to set up a shot of the happy couple kissing while their friends cheered them on, and it was almost impossible to take a photo without 101 stupid thought bubbles of one kind or another. And the thought bubbles are broken, and stack - so a single sim can have two bubbles on top of each other, or even three.

Please, please, please. Anyone who is More Awesome Than I. Make a hack to stop this. PLEASE!
I will second that I love my Romance sims but the swooning a a wedding has got to stop who wants wedding photo's like that Shocked

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 20, 07:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The swooning really got on my nerves badly yesterday -- one sim broke up with her romance sim husband, and immediately afterward started swooning, even though the relationship was like -50/-50. It looked really stupid.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 20, 07:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. Here's a lovely shot of a groom swooning over one of the bridesmaids:

Personally, I smack my new husband silly if he did that.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 20, 13:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL at fat and ugly.  Click on this link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85718&page=2&pp=25&highlight=baglady

I made THAT woman Romance and even my teens were swooning over her!  They won't anymore because I've changed her to Pleasure, although they wouldn't anyway until I can put my teen woo-hoo hack back in.

Oh, she's terrific - I loved her.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 20, 14:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bump.  I third (quadruple?  whatever) this request.  I had an ugly, ugly zombie that my happily engaged male sim kept swooning over.  Meh.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 20, 17:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have (or had, I'll have to check and see if it survived) a hack that was never released that killed the swooning altogether. I'd like to make it use the new attraction system, but I could release (or quickly redo) the version that completely stops it for the time being. Keep an eye on the New Crap forum.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 20, 17:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew there was a reason why I liked (both of you) so much. Thank you TJ, that swooning is just about the silliest animation there is, and that's saying something.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: