More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 15:26:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  i don't like to request but need fix-annoying
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: i don't like to request but need fix-annoying  (Read 9890 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: i don't like to request but need fix-annoying
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 03, 10:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put speakers outside to keep comatose dormies from blocking portals.

The other thing I find useful with nouniprotect is to set up a bedroom behind an ordinary door, with single beds for the dormies.  For some reason my dormies don't seem to recognise they have beds behind their claimed Myne doors.  I don't put double beds in this "dormie sleeping room", as I also have ACR, and a double bed there would turn the sleeping room into a woohoo room instead.

An alternate solution is to replace the dormies' Myne doors with regular doors, then they can access their existing beds.  Add another small room for all the Myne doors to open into, so that you still get dormies on the lot.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 03, 14:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth....I usually put a stereo near the portals on a Uni lot, because although I don't mind dormies passing out all over the place, I *do* mind them passing out where they are blocking access to the portals, thus preventing my playables from getting to class/exams.

I like satellites - gets rid of the blockages at the portals, gives Grim something to do while he waits for some of my Gen 1 sims to get through the elder period, and adds a few clams to the playables' wallets.

And you can always bring the deceased back later as a zombie.  I see no losers in this scenario.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 03, 14:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also use TJ's hack that makes the dormies move from the portal to the mailbox (found here http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi1/forums/inteenimater/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=22) .  It keeps passed-out dormies from blocking the entrance/exit to the lots.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: