More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:37:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD  (Read 201504 times)
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
« Reply #125 on: 2009 June 09, 02:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read my whole post.  Obviously, nobody cares if the mod breaks the launcher, but if the launcher breakage is related to the game breakage, then knowing why it breaks the launcher may help figure out why it breaks the game.

No need to get snippy. If you'd read my post (or the one about the Launcher) you might have realized that the launcher is a flaming bag of poo all on its own and that the odds are that it's easier to just isolate why the game breaks by looking at the game, rather than bother with the huge borkage that is the launcher on top of that and suddenly having thirty million extra variables when nobody even cares if it works.

In any case, I'm not the modder. Was just trying to be helpful. Wrong board for that. Tongue
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 June 09, 03:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may be interested to know that the mod is ALSO causing crashing issues when you try to install Sims2Pack files with the launcher.

Maybe because you are installing Sims2packs?  Cheesy Seriously, what are you talking about? I installed the entire store collection with the mod in and it never crashed. So are you sure it is nothing else that could have caused a crash? Or do you mean the loading stops? The launcher has a problem with installing the sets and single object packed sims3packs simultaneously but not such a problem to install each set one by one. Then install all the other objects in 10 to 20 batches.
farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 June 09, 03:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed Awesome mod with Delphy's Framework Install Monkey For Dummies.
It is working great- thankyou
After reading the thread dozens of times, the Delphy monkey made it so easy!
Gassed all humans,now it is like "I am legend" (Pescado is)
Taxi driver NPC survives the gassing, also a ghost girl in the graveyard? The wind blowimg through the town adds to the awesomeness!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 June 09, 07:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Taxidriver didn't "survive" the gassing, but as a required NPC, the moment you try to use a taxi, a new one will immediately spawn. The ghosts were probably not killed because they are not "humans", and are not susceptible to poisonous gasses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Erynn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 June 09, 12:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eeeh the pain. the mod is crashing my game within moments of it loading up... around 6:35am sim-time when everyone is apparently eating. Previous versions haven't done this. I cleared the cace and removed the few other mods I had (nointro, faster writing/more money)... still not a thing. I shoulda kept a backup version.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 June 09, 12:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After never having problems with updated awesomeware, I attempted to install Delphy's helper monkey to quickly install some patterns (MTS3 has crap for instructions, me thinks). So after I do that, I read that I would also be able to use HP's skin replacements so I also install that. I then go to load the game and CTD, again...CTD. First thing I did was remove HP's skins. Still crash. Then I remembered that there was an error when installing the helper monkey (it never did work as it should). So I replaced the resource.cfg file. That still didn't work so I just decided to remove everything, including the old no censor and attempt to start fresh. I then reinstalled Pescados framework, added awesomewarez back, deleted scriptcache.package, added no censor and viola, no crash.

So for me, and apparently several others, Delphy's helper monkey does not play nice because it tries to overwrite something in Pescados framework, either the dll file or the resources.cfg or both.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 June 09, 12:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the discussion of "I've done something, loaded, it crashed, so I did something else, and it crashed on load, and so I did yet another thing, and it worked!" seems to correspond to my own experience, except that I have done nothing except immediately reload the game (no cache deletions, etc).
My game crashed on 4 consecutive start attempts yesterday evening, but successfully ran on the 5th startup.
I will try deleting caches next time to see if my mileage varies.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 June 09, 13:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eeeh the pain. the mod is crashing my game within moments of it loading up... around 6:35am sim-time when everyone is apparently eating. Previous versions haven't done this. I cleared the cace and removed the few other mods I had (nointro, faster writing/more money)... still not a thing. I shoulda kept a backup version.
Just keep hitting the button and rewiping, as far as I can tell, it will work eventually. Define "moments of loading up". Are you crashing on the loadscreen, or in actual gameplay? Crashing on loadscreen is random crazy shit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 June 09, 13:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First this hack worked great but after a while and some downloads my computer froze all the time. In CAS, in the game, during saving.. all the time! I couldn't play more than 15 minutes. Angry I tried everything, finally yesterday I deleted awesome mod and my computer stoped freezing. I could play for four hours when I quit. Grin
I'll try the new one and I'll see what happens.
Erynn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 June 09, 14:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just keep hitting the button and rewiping, as far as I can tell, it will work eventually. Define "moments of loading up". Are you crashing on the loadscreen, or in actual gameplay? Crashing on loadscreen is random crazy shit.

naa.. the loadscreen is fine. I meant to say moments after loading the family off and got sidetracked. I have a kitty. He likes attention. He gets it via sitting on keyboard.
I've wiped the cache four or five times and pretty much given up for this build... it just won't let me play. I don't know what is different about my install.
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 June 09, 14:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't found this to be the case. State specific example? Your cooking selection may simply be limited due to supply shortages or lack of skill.

How they are GROUPED is irrelevant.

My sim has reached level 10 in cooking, and ingredients for cooking wasn't the issue.  What happened the first time I reported prior to clearing the cache was that cooking was behaving as it normally does, time defined (IE, have/serve breakfast menu popped when clicking on the fridge and when I selected have breakfast I couldn't make an autumn salad in the AM).  After clearing the cache, the initial menu appeared when clicking on the fridge for have/serve lunch but when I clicked on have lunch, I had the option to make breakfast foods like pancakes and waffles, which was why in my edit I reported it as working and just a cosmetic issue.

DAMN THE OPPRESSIVE GHEYZ WITH THEIR SHOWTUNES AND SWATCHES.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 June 09, 16:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reportback time.

I just installed the newest version (datestamped 2009/06/09 09:02AM) and used awesomeconfig with all options enabled.

Dropped them in, started up the game without deleting any caches, and it loaded first time. No-CD does what it says on the tin. Besides this, it has been a while since the game loaded on the first try.

(I do still have enablescripterror.package in.)

More F than you
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 June 09, 17:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played with the new mod and I could play with it two hours once I saved and didn't freeze. I was really happy. But after 2 hours in gameplay doing nothing specific, my sims were reading the game and the computer froze again just like before.Sad
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2009 June 09, 17:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only had one crash with the version prior to the one uploaded yesterday (or was it the day before?), and it was the 1am crash.  I was playing in Riverview at the time, so who knows if it was Awesomemod or the truly non-Awesome Riverview neighborhood.  Never had a crash while playing in Sunset Valley. 

Testing with new mod here shortly.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 June 09, 18:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot to write that the crash was in Riverview with the new mod.
dcornish
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 June 09, 19:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game did crash once before but it doesn't now with the new version.

The cause of the crash was because of some clothing that was downloaded from the exchange.  It could explain some of the randomness of the crashing people are having, and could be entirely unrelated to the AwesomeMod itself.
What I did to fix the crashing was run the launcher and uninstall some of the exchange items.

Hope this helps anyone that is having unexplained crashing problems.

David
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 2009 June 09, 20:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still crashing for me.  Approx 11am, after about 5 sim hours of play.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 June 09, 21:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cause of the crash was because of some clothing that was downloaded from the exchange.  It could explain some of the randomness of the crashing people are having, and could be entirely unrelated to the AwesomeMod itself.
What I did to fix the crashing was run the launcher and uninstall some of the exchange items.

Hope this helps anyone that is having unexplained crashing problems.

David

I have Exchange stuff and the mod is running fine for me.  It was mentioned in another thread that some of the stuff from the Sims store wasn't playing nice with the game itself.  J.M Pescado has something found in this category, The Recompressor, which fixes the messed up files.  You can try putting your Exchange stuff through that first then reinstalling it.  It might work.  Myself, I just run everything through that first then put it in my game to save myself the hassle.

DAMN THE OPPRESSIVE GHEYZ WITH THEIR SHOWTUNES AND SWATCHES.
NyxSixtyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 June 10, 01:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was not crashing on me until I updated today, replacing manually installed files with Delphy's Framework Monkey and the most recent Awesome mod. Now it keeps crashing in the loading screen but not every single time. Going to go back to the older version of the mod and framework and hope that fixes it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 June 10, 01:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NEVER go back to older versions. ALWAYS destroy them. Old versions contain fatal bugs that will mess up your game. That is why they are destroyed utterly. If it crashes, try the usual "flush caches" approach.

NyxSixtyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 June 10, 02:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thanks Pescado. I'll keep flushing the caches then.
KaytiCat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 June 10, 04:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything works but the cooking whatever you want thing.

It will not show "cook X" and "cook y" except for the default time cooking option. (Say cook lunch)

It will still show cook lunch at lunch time, but when you click on that you can make whatever you want that you are able to make. If I want grilled cheese for breakfast, I click Have Breakfast > Grilled Cheese
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 June 10, 13:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still crashing for me.  Approx 11am, after about 5 sim hours of play.

I think if it crashes after play has commenced, this is more likely an overheating or power problem (or possibly some other hardware issue), and not specifically associated with the mod.

Latest (June 9) version is working for me - no crashes on load.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 June 10, 13:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if it crashes after play has commenced, this is more likely an overheating or power problem (or possibly some other hardware issue), and not specifically associated with the mod.
This is very likely the case if it crashes at random. TS3 generates a lot of heat, and I had an overheat problem because it turns out one of the deposition fins was slightly bent, causing the graphics card not to get enough snow, which previously had not been a problem, but in TS3, it caused the card to overheat and crash.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 June 10, 14:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is very likely the case if it crashes at random. TS3 generates a lot of heat...

Yeah, I had noticed my fans increasing speed rather a lot upon TS3 startup.  I have not had a crash yet, but I may take one of the side panels off the box just to be safe.  Video card fan is new, so that should be okay for the time being.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: