More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 02:04:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Be careful asking your wife on a date
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Be careful asking your wife on a date  (Read 2881 times)
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Be careful asking your wife on a date
« on: 2005 October 08, 22:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an odd bug today that I thought I'd better let people know about.

Wife flew off to work (she's Captain hero) and hubby was at loose ends.  Permaplat and all skills maxed, nothing interesting to do, so I sent him downtown by car.

He gets downtown, chats up another Sim, forms a casual group just for fun.  Dines out, has expresso, earns some tips playing instruments.  Eventually I ended the group and was gonna send him home, when I decided that since he wanted to ask a Sim on a date, I'd have him call his wife, who should have been home from work by now.

His wife didn't show up on the list of people he could call for dates, but she did show up in the normal call list.  He invites her to join him downtown.  When she arrives, he immediately asks her on a date.

Ok, date went well, but when both of them had wants to woohoo/woohoo in car, I got him in the car and asked her to join.  Option to woohoo never came up, which has been reported elsewhere.  I tried several combinations of getting them in the car and never got the option.  So... I had him ask her back home, totally forgetting that it would be the middle of the day and she'd still be at work.

Long story short, they woohoo'd the wheels off the car, and he ended the date.  She hung around with nothing to do, so I sent her to work by car (late of course)... remember this is Captain Hero.  She returned by car normally at the end of the day.

Now the bugginess starts.  She pulled out a bouquet of flowers and the game started getting an error.  I had to hit debug mode's reset to fix it, and the flowers went away.  Then I noticed she didn't have any options to interact with visitors.  Ask to Leave was about it... I have Pescado's interactwithoutgreeting hack.  Ok, figured she was glitched and shift clicked on her to use force error... but the menu would flash for a few milliseconds and go away, no chance to click on anything... and there were only two choices, one of which was force error.  I eventually used moveobjects to delete her and saved the game.  After that she appeared normal.

So... moral of the story:  Don't invite your wife to a date when you're on a community lot, then take her back home when she's *supposed* to be  at work.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: Be careful asking your wife on a date
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 09, 00:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!

Another moral may be: Don't invite your wife on a date, period.  Affairs are a lot more fun!

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Be careful asking your wife on a date
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 09, 13:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose if the couple have had a row and split up, it might be one way of getting her back!  (Or getting back into the house!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: