More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 12:40:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help, fight constantly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help, fight constantly  (Read 33673 times)
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Help, fight constantly
« Reply #75 on: 2007 October 20, 23:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I had a couple of Sims who always attack each other on sight begin fighting at a wedding, fightclub installed and all. They starting fighting at 6 PM and it was about 4 or 5 AM when they finished and left. The family was asleep and they were fighting on high speed, just on and on. It was actually pretty funny, since they were just visitors.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 October 20, 23:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If their outside, you could of course really make their day (night I mean) by smiting them! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
perfectlyflirty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 October 20, 23:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, an update on the current situation...yesterday I went through the 6 hour long process of the 50/50 method trying to find the problem...the good news is  though I never narrowed it down to a single item, having everything installed worked beautifully. The bad news is that playing a family such as the Wan or other that actually came with the game, there are NO fights, thats right no fighting whatsoever, unless of course they call up a friend in the neighborhood that did NOT come with the game i.e. a sim I created in CAS, when the visitor first gets there all is well, after about a minute (our time) the fighting commences, with the visitor though, not with a fellow family or household member.  This leads me to belive that it does in fact have something to do with custom sims created in CAS and NOT a problem with an object, I am going back in to play a genuine Maxis created family and completely redecorate thier home just to be sure, placing the most common things unanimous thoroughout all of my custom sim homes and see if it causes some family strife.  However any feedback on this phenomenon would be greatly appreciate as I have NEVER heard of anything used in CAS causing any problems unless there was a MESH missing or something like that.  I haven't heard of anything you use in CAS creating behavior problems...

Thanks for all the feedback so far, relevant and not as your posts make for amusing reading and some great ideas LOL.

Smiles - PF
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 October 20, 23:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's a dangling DNA problem.  Did you delete your townies?  If so, then I believe the Riverblossom townies can be pretty aggressive, and if they were deleted and their SWAFs and DNA etc. remained, which they would unless you used SimPE to clean them up, your CAS sims might have inherited their nasty DNA....just a thought, but even without SimPe it's possible to find which characters are townies with the Clean Installer and then get rid of their files before you play the game - but if you don't clean up afterwards, all those nasties will remain, and your CAS sims will take over their character file numbers.

Zephyr Zodiac
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2007 October 21, 02:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

unless of course they call up a friend in the neighborhood that did NOT come with the game i.e. a sim I created in CAS, when the visitor first gets there all is well, after about a minute (our time) the fighting commences, with the visitor though, This leads me to belive that it does in fact have something to do with custom sims created in CAS and NOT a problem with an object

Of your sims that fight, please tell me the astrological sign, aspirations and turn on and turn offs of the worst of your fighting sims, especially if they are married or if they fight with a specific sim all the time, knowing these things will help.  A missing mesh in CAS should not cause this kind of problem and I watched your video and it was downright weird.  The wife acted like she had caught him cheating.  Also, go through their memories and see if anything did happen you might not have noticed.

If you don't have BV loaded, you can also use SimPE to edit your sims and their memories.  I'm really curious to know the details of your worst fighting sims, if you could please post that info, it'd be great!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 October 21, 03:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather think they're all Pescado clones.......

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 October 21, 03:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would make sense if they were both Body = 10 (for endurance), but I really don't see two Body = 2 sims fighting for more than 2 minutes.
When they're both so sad, they don't apply themselves with any real effort, and thus don't wear out. I've seen how long it takes noobs to fight, they're BAD at it so they don't do any damage with their ineffectual limp-wristed flailings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
perfectlyflirty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 October 22, 16:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, next update in this wierd behavior saga...I played the wan family for a few hours Saturday...here is what I found, first off, when I opened up the family, I deleted everything in the house and redecorated with all custom content, placing in the house the few items that are universal in all of my custom sim houses.  Still no fighting within the family household.  Anywho, like I said before I thought it was something going on with CAS because it only seemed to be happening with sims I created in CAS...well, low and behold after 3 sim days playing the Wan family, all custom content, no fighting.  But, I had a "jog by" with a Maxis created sim, so I had the jogger be greeted by Ms. Wan. OMG the fighting commenced, for no reason.

Of your sims that fight, please tell me the astrological sign, aspirations and turn on and turn offs of the worst of your fighting sims, especially if they are married or if they fight with a specific sim all the time, knowing these things will help.

As far as the info requested...The only thing they have in common I thought was that it was happening with sims I created in CAS...well as you read above, maybe it has something to do with non-family members.  All of the sims who fight have various astrological signs, aspirations, turn ons and turn offs.  Some are married and some are not.  If I go into a household created by Maxis, there is family harmony with no fighting, unless a non-family member enters the equation, but if I enter a household created by me in CAS they will fight no matter if there are non-family members present or not.  I am so not understanding this wierd behavior in my sims, and I have done all I know to do to resolve the problem and narrow it down...the only thing I have left I think is to completely uninstall the game and start over from scratch.  Any other ideas would be great though Smiley

Smile
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 October 22, 16:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so not understanding this wierd behavior in my sims, and I have done all I know to do to resolve the problem and narrow it down...the only thing I have left I think is to completely uninstall the game and start over from scratch.  Any other ideas would be great though Smiley

You could try building a new hood with one CAS family and see if the behaviour is reproduced.  If not, then it would be narrowed down to a problem with your current 'hood.  You'd know then at least if it was a generalized problem or localized.  If you play one of the Maxis hoods (i.e. create a CAS couple and settle them in Pleasantview, for example), would the fighting continue? 

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: