More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 00:03:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A question about fish size and food
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question about fish size and food  (Read 3423 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
A question about fish size and food
« on: 2007 March 15, 10:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering : does the size of the fish (jumbo or normal) have an influence on the food points you get when cooking it ? From what I have seen in game it doesn't seem to have an influence on the numbers of serving (6 with jumbo or normal fish). I find it odd that different sizes fishes give exactly the same serving/food points. Anyone has information on that ?
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: A question about fish size and food
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 15, 13:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's worse than that. If a Sim cooks for himself, only, he will eat a whole jumbo fish in just one meal. But you can direct him to cook six servings from either a small fish or jumbo fish, and then put what your sim doesn't eat  into your inventory or in the frig as leftovers. How full he gets will depend only on the type of fish meal, not the size of the fish. It makes no sense whatsoever -- but we are talking MaxisEA here, aren't we ....  Roll Eyes

For every King, there is a Queen ....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 15, 13:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that part makes sense, but I can't see why a smaller version of the same fish would somehow be more or less filling. Technically, though, you'd have to consume an equivalent mass of fish in any case, but the game is weird like that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 15, 13:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a fish that hangs from a Sim's shoulder down to his knees when caught, magically becomes just large enough to fit on a small tophy mounting. If cooked, it also magically makes exactly one portion on a plate (when cooked for one) -- or magically expands to make six of the same sized portions (when cooked for a family).

But this should come as no surprise, because dozens and dozens of large fruit and vegies fits into one small juicer bowl, apparently with no problem whatsoever. 

MaxisEA logic is a thing of wonder .... LOL

For every King, there is a Queen ....
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 15, 14:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is, after all, the company that brought us mops stored magically in people's behinds. Televisions in pockets, and an hour to use the toilet.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 15, 17:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a fish that hangs from a Sim's shoulder down to his knees when caught, magically becomes just large enough to fit on a small tophy mounting. If cooked, it also magically makes exactly one portion on a plate (when cooked for one) -- or magically expands to make six of the same sized portions (when cooked for a family).

For the jumbo fish, I recommend the "make many / group meal" option - you'll get two platters out of them.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 15, 17:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the jumbo fish, I recommend the "make many / group meal" option - you'll get two platters out of them.
Oh...good to know ! do you put the fish in the fridge first  or do you cook it directly from inventory for this to work ??
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 15, 19:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh...good to know ! do you put the fish in the fridge first  or do you cook it directly from inventory for this to work ??

From inventory - I lost my precious first jumbo rainbow trout that way Cheesy. I don't know if it works with fridges, because only the small fish go there - the big ones are sold at my fish market (if I don't cook them accidentally) Grin.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: