More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 03:10:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  11th hour rally call for SimPE testing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 11th hour rally call for SimPE testing  (Read 35926 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
11th hour rally call for SimPE testing
« on: 2008 September 14, 11:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Apartment Life release candidate SimPE is now at the QA thread and at http://downloads.sourceforge.net/simpe/SimPe_0_71_23-QA.7z
I would be very grateful if everyone could give it a lastminute run so we can release it shortly.

At this stage we're only interested in actual bugs and wrongnesses (related to what has been updated for AL compatibility).  We can carry on developing other aspects of it after this release.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Halloweenscorpio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: 11th hour rally call for SimPE testing
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 14, 15:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to try it, but I have that Store expansion, and it keeps giving me the warning that I have a newer version.
 Undecided
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 14, 15:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol!  Oh yes that...  It's actually perfectly safe to ignore it in this case.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Halloweenscorpio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 14, 16:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I knew how I got it, it was in my non-sims email, but also at the online store for a penny. Weird, but its got a cute store set. I opened up both SimPE and Wiz, the AL stuff I ran through object workshop seemed to work just fine. That's about my limit, except switching adult meshes to elders. I'm going to run the scans now, maybe along the way I'll connect with my custom skins?
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 14, 22:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I clicked on that link and I get Simpe .68, I had to go to the QA Forum to get the right version.

ISFJ
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 15, 00:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What store set? she asked higjacking the thread.
Halloweenscorpio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 15, 00:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one I seem to be the only having. LOL! Inge is the first person who seems to know what I mean. If you go to the EA store, there is a store "expansion pack" for 1 cent. I got mine in my email, but I don't know how since my other email is registered with EA. I think you will find it if you type in Sims2 Store, although you may have to put ep too.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 15, 07:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dea, yes that's what you were meant to do.  The new SimPE version doesn't appear on the main page until after the 12th hour (ie after 11th hour QA testing)  Smiley

Halloweenscorpio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 15, 10:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran scans last night, and they all worked well too.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 16, 17:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome.  I came here today to ask how to make sim PE work merging neighborhoods with AL.  I just finished downloading, and I'll try it either tonight or tomorrow.

Edit to add:

Well it didn't work.  I was trying to do   this.
I was able to add all the Maxis made neighborhoods as downtowns + tutorial + Beacon Falls, except for Bella(whatever that came with apartment life).  I also couldn't add SeaGull Island either.  When I opened the files in SimPE it didn't show any sims or relations they were all just listed as unknown and it gave me this error msg.   
This is just a Warning. It is supposed to keep you informed about a Problem. Most of the time this is not a Bug!

The Sim with GUID 0x00000000 (inst=0x0000) exists more than once. This could result in  Problems during the Gameplay!

Windows Version:
WindowsXP

.NET Version:

I tried to do the steps to add those neighborhoods as downtowns as well.  But when I got to the part to tell the game to add the neighborhood as a downtown, it didn't find a nightlife template, like it did with all the others.  It just automatically took me to create a custom downtown.  I followed the same steps as when making the others, and it worked for each of those, but not these 2 neighborhoods.  What was different?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 17, 00:25:58 by FourCats » Logged

May all your fears & worries come true.
wyvern
Asinine Airhead

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 17, 05:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to make a recolour of one of the paintings that came with AL (The "How Elegant. . ." one) and instead of the usual package with resources, SimPE created a completely empty package. Is this not supposed to be recolorable? Asking because usually paintings are. Also couldn't recolor the Flatiron Building painting (same thing, getting an empty package.)
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 17, 07:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fourcats, you have listed two symptoms I would expect you to have if you were trying to use the pre-Apartments version of SimPE.  I fear you may either have downloaded or run the wrong version by mistake.

Wyvern, my understanding is that paintings are usually *not* recolourable, as Maxis designed them.  Do you have the CEP installed?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 17, 10:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok... who killed the SimPE site?  Angry

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 17, 10:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the one I downloaded.
SimPe_0_71_23-QA
Is that the one I should have?
I installed it and still have the install files.  Should I have removed the old one first, or does this one install overtop the old?
Maybe I have more than one version installed at a time?  And was running the wrong one?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 17, 11:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should always install into a fresh folder, and run it by clicking on SimPE.exe in the new folder you have just installed.  I have in the past stupidly run simpe by clicking a shortcut, and ended up running the old one.

wyvern
Asinine Airhead

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 17, 12:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have the CEP installed. Having no difficulty creating recolours for most AL objects, just the paintings I mentioned. Perhaps the CEP needs to be updated? (Sorry I'm not awesome enough to know if this is a CEP or a SimPE issue.)

I can clone the paintings, and when I do so I get the usual package; it's just when I go to create a recolour in Object Workshop I get an empty container with no resources at all.

Edit: spelling
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 17, 13:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the CEP has yet been updated for Apartment Life, so it's worth exploring that issue.  This is typically what you would expect to experience when trying to make a recolour package for a non-recolourable object, if CEP is not installed or is not handling that object.

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 17, 17:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have in the past stupidly run simpe by clicking a shortcut, and ended up running the old one.
This is probably what I had done.  I'll delete all the old files, including the shortcuts.  Reinstall and try again.

Edit:
It worked.  It's done.  Now I'm all merged, with 10 downtowns.

oh, yeah, and . .
Thanks!  This is Great! Wink Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 September 17, 18:23:07 by FourCats » Logged

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 September 17, 19:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just successfully made some eyes into defaults. Yayz. It all seems to work as advertised, Inge!

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 September 17, 19:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Inge was only asking for bugs and wrongness in this thread, not 'yay this is working' comments?  I've done all sorts of things with the new build that have worked just fine.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 September 17, 19:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, bog off Maxon. It isn't like this thread is innundated with replies. At least mine was sort-of useful, yours was just whiny. Inge won't pat you on the head for being a good little toad, y'know.

I am proud I have made default eyes. I haven't ever done them before. So nyah. Tongue

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 September 17, 23:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody know what happened to the SimPE site?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 September 18, 02:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry Emma if you thought that was meant to be a criticism of you personally - it wasn't meant to be. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 September 18, 06:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I guess I wont mention that it seems to be loading faster than it has in the past.  Oh wait I just did.

ISFJ
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 September 18, 08:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, "it's working fine" replies are very valuable.  How else will I know if I have 100 testers, 98 of them with no complaints, or only 2 testers both of whom are finding it unusable for their tasks?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: