More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:59:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Conflict with Apthack and Inge's 4 key Lock
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Conflict with Apthack and Inge's 4 key Lock  (Read 9859 times)
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Conflict with Apthack and Inge's 4 key Lock
« on: 2009 April 19, 19:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When i have both of these hacks in my game I get this error...

If i remove Apthack or Inges ijAddGender4KeyLock_AL I don't get the errors...

I really want to be able to have both in my game. It just drives me crazy, unlocking a door so a visitor to the lot can come into the residence and having every other sim on the lot wander in and make themselves at home... stupid sims.

Thanks Pes.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 19, 19:20:45 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Conflict with Apthack and Inge's 4 key Lock
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 19, 19:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you still using an obsolescent door locking hack, anyway? That thing is ancient has effectively been superceded by a whole host of options for ages. Get rid of it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 19, 21:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Authorized Personnel Only represents the superior solution in this case, anyway. You can add an override to permit a designated visitor into the apartment while keeping out the rest of the riffraff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 04, 12:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your hack's rubbish compared with my patch.  If anyone finds themselves having to choose, keep mine.  Wink

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 05, 19:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but... but... I want both...   Tongue

The problem is i don't have an issue with APO.... it's Apthack that is causing the problem. Since Apthack has nothing to do with doors and Inge's 4 key lock has nothing to do with apartments there shouldn't be a conflict between them... but there is and i can't have both in my game...

I want to keep Apthack in so i can have Apartments in my UNI subhood, and have inge's 4 key lock cuz i like the simples. APO is confuzzling.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 08, 08:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forget all this hack mayhem.  Sims 3 will be out soon, and there won't be any hacks for that. Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 09, 11:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You say that like it's a good thing.

The idea of playing any EA game without hacks to make it bearable is just terrifying.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 10, 02:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Lerf.

I don't think i'll be playing Sims 3 until hacks are made to do something about the inevitable stupid behaviors that Ea will add to keep the 12's happy.

A sim peeing themselves loses it humour after a couple of times. I'm sure they'll add a few things to the game to cause massively disruptive, obsessive behaviours. (Myshuno anybody, the coffee cup hike).

No thanks... i'll wait untill the fall to install it, when there should be a few fixes/hacks and patches around.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 10, 05:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't ever found sims peeing themselves funny.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 10, 08:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like any of the behaviours, it gets stale.  But I am interesting in the human simulation side of the program more than the gameplay, so I prefer it when the algorithms are analogous to real life.    The main reason IMHO the sims have seemed to spend too much of the day eating and peeing is that the one minute to one hour ratio is wrong for basic speed.  It should be halved to 1:30, but leaving fast forward at its current ratio.   Also this would have made it more worthwhile taking sims out for the evening.   At the moment it seems no sooner have they arrived at the night spot than it starts emptying because it is after 1am.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 10, 08:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's what happens when the game is effectively sped up by a factor of 60 while sims themselves don't really move all that much faster than regular people do. Changing it to a factor of 30 will not significantly change this.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 10, 14:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you misunderstand what I was suggesting.  Leave the animations the same speed, but halve the rate at which the clock proceeds - on the slowest setting.  Then a pee that normally takes half an hour will only take 15 minutes.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 10, 17:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I understood you just fine. My point is that right NOW, animations occur at roughly human speed, maybe slightly faster, but not that much, while time passes 60x faster. This automatically introduces massive distortion in how long it takes to do anything, which is why sims spend too much of the day on basic crap that real people don't.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 10, 21:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yes, but I don't think I would want the clock slowed down to real time.  Hmm though maybe the *option* to do so would not be a bad idea.  So we don't want the animations speeded or slowed at all, just the clock.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 May 10, 22:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yes, but I don't think I would want the clock slowed down to real time.  Hmm though maybe the *option* to do so would not be a bad idea.  So we don't want the animations speeded or slowed at all, just the clock.
I have recently been toying with this concept of messing with the clock, but haven't completed anything yet.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2009 May 11, 08:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merola already did it, as a hack, for Sims 2   I was talking about how they implement it as a default game setting.   Goodness knows if it will be possible to hack that in Sims 3.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 May 11, 08:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merola already did it, as a hack, for Sims 2   I was talking about how they implement it as a default game setting.
Merola TRIED to do it, but there were numerous flaws involved in his approach: First, he accomplished it by repeatedly setting the time back, which had the undesirable effect of confusing all the controllers on the lot. Second, the game itself continued to run at the same pace, so your sims would run out of gas at the same rate as before, the time merely ticked slower. All in all, it was a fundamentally flawed approach. I am experimenting with a better way.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: