More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:26:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Getting Ready to Update the Wrangler, taking feature requests
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Getting Ready to Update the Wrangler, taking feature requests  (Read 26394 times)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Getting Ready to Update the Wrangler, taking feature requests
« on: 2009 March 03, 04:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm getting ready to update the Wardrobe Wrangler for probably the last time (I know, I know, it's been forever, leave me alone! Tongue ) I'm basically only planning on making a few minor changes, the biggest being to make it so townifying skintones no longer hides them in CAS.

However, I'm open to some suggestions and ideas for features or other things that may be borked that need fixed. So, anyone have any good ideas for changes/features? Does anyone even use this anymore? Should I bother? Tongue Discussion wanted...

EDIT:

Go here: http://code.google.com/p/wardrobewrangler/ to get the latest debug builds.
If you have a feature idea, submit it HERE. Check to make sure your idea isn't already listed before submitting a new one. This is also how you submit bugs that you find. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 March 07, 05:09:50 by jfade » Logged

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Getting Ready to Update the Wrangler, taking feature requests
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 03, 04:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might consider getting with CatOfEvilGenius and see if you can incorporate her extra-texture-remover thingy into it...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 03, 04:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would LOVE it if you could set the eye-dominance slider to be like the skintone-slider, to allow for intermediate values.  I don't see much point in geneticizing eyes at a value of 3 or 4, but it would be nice to be able to set light browns, dark greens, medium blues, hazels, at a dominance of 1.5, for instance.  I did that with my custom eyes in SimPE, but there are far fewer steps to do that with the Wardrobe Wrangler, and there's currently no way to set intermediate values outside of SimPE.

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 03, 04:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would LOVE it if you could set the eye-dominance slider to be like the skintone-slider, to allow for intermediate values.  I don't see much point in geneticizing eyes at a value of 3 or 4, but it would be nice to be able to set light browns, dark greens, medium blues, hazels, at a dominance of 1.5, for instance.  I did that with my custom eyes in SimPE, but there are far fewer steps to do that with the Wardrobe Wrangler, and there's currently no way to set intermediate values outside of SimPE.
Is that actually allowed? Huh. I didn't know that was allowed, so that explains why I didn't allow that. I was trying to make it so the Wrangler could basically NOT break anything by generally preventing people from screwing around too much. Though there always was the advanced tab.... Anyhow, provided that's allowed, I can easily add that.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 03, 05:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a setting allowing you to set a hair color to Custom as well as the standard Red\Brown\Black\Blond\Grey? There are quite a few hair colors that should rightfully be under Custom but are under black instead, like a hot pink or neon green. Does the wardrobe wrangle remove hair from certain ages as well? Like how some hair styles do not have a child, and need that age state removed so that you do not have 20 freaking maxis meshes as placeholders. If it doesn't, could it do that? I admit that I use Simpe primarily for hair at the moment because of that custom issue.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 03, 05:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a setting allowing you to set a hair color to Custom as well as the standard Red\Brown\Black\Blond\Grey? There are quite a few hair colors that should rightfully be under Custom but are under black instead, like a hot pink or neon green. Does the wardrobe wrangle remove hair from certain ages as well? Like how some hair styles do not have a child, and need that age state removed so that you do not have 20 freaking maxis meshes as placeholders. If it doesn't, could it do that? I admit that I use Simpe primarily for hair at the moment because of that custom issue.

I'll second that request.  Especially if you can figure out what needs to be done to make a hair in the custom bin work properly in a family with its mates in the other bins.  Theo's plugin used to be able to do that, but for some reason it no longer works.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 03, 05:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make a function that un-hides already townified skintones?

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 03, 14:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was actually in the first version but removed because it didn't work. I have yet to find a way to fix this problem properly. The way I was trying to go about doing it was creating a new, random bin ID number, but this did not function properly, at least in my tests. If anyone has ideas about how to properly go about doing this, I can implement it.

The second thing you mentioned IS available but does not remove the textures. Consult the manual for how that works.

Would it be possible to make a function that un-hides already townified skintones?
I could make it so that if you townify an existing skintone it'll fix it, yes.

Thanks for the ideas so far, keep them coming!

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 03, 15:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Big second to all the suggestions that give the Wrangle the ability to bring custom hair closer and closer to "Pescado Approved" file size.  Removal of extra textures and auto redirection to the remaining texture. I discovered a few custom content creators that apparently think that having a grey texture for every bin and using flags to hide all but one of them in CAS is the same as having only one grey texture.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 03, 15:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the WW all the time and was so sorry to see the forum go.
Tips:
The 'update accessories to BV' feature does not fully work: it is not possible to set the accessories to specific BV destinations, or to set them as collectible.  
A new feature I would love to see is the ability to set sort index numbers. It controls the order in which clothing etc. appears in CAS for example. It would be great to group clothes belonging to special bodyshapes together, otherwise they are so difficult to manage. Maybe you could even implement sort of bins for it, but just the ability to change them (and maybe sort list by them) would be great.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 03, 16:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new feature I would love to see is the ability to set sort index numbers. It controls the order in which clothing etc. appears in CAS for example. It would be great to group clothes belonging to special bodyshapes together, otherwise they are so difficult to manage. Maybe you could even implement sort of bins for it, but just the ability to change them (and maybe sort list by them) would be great.

Using a program that creates Collections might be a faster/easier solution for that.

@Jfade:
On the jewelry. It would nice to be able to edit jewelry that's been updated. I have an earring that I mislabeled left when it should be right. =p

Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 03, 16:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using a program that creates Collections might be a faster/easier solution for that.

[/quote]
Yeah, in CAS it may be so, but there are no collections when you are buying clothes, and consequently when you use hacked clothes-changes objects either. Sort index is also useful to group together make-up and other accessories within the same sub-category.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 03, 16:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Big second to all the suggestions that give the Wrangle the ability to bring custom hair closer and closer to "Pescado Approved" file size.  Removal of extra textures and auto redirection to the remaining texture. I discovered a few custom content creators that apparently think that having a grey texture for every bin and using flags to hide all but one of them in CAS is the same as having only one grey texture.
I think the reason I didn't do the relinking thing is that, IIRC, linking is done in some goofy resource (I think it was the SHPE or MATD or something like that) that I don't have the ability to edit yet. I remember looking at the spec for one of those (whichever one it is, I can't remember) and being horrified. Tongue So relinking isn't probably going to happen. If I can make an efficient algorithm for determining which texture is connected to whichever property set you're removing, I can remove the extra textures as well.

I use the WW all the time and was so sorry to see the forum go.
Tips:
The 'update accessories to BV' feature does not fully work: it is not possible to set the accessories to specific BV destinations, or to set them as collectible. 
Ah. Well, I guess I can remove the special sections then since they can't be added to. I like the idea of coming up with bin sort numbers, will have to toy with that later. I can't remember offhand if I have a BINX editor yet but I've written one before so I can rewrite it cause the BINX resource is easy to edit.

@Jfade:
On the jewelry. It would nice to be able to edit jewelry that's been updated. I have an earring that I mislabeled left when it should be right. =p

I can undo that, it was set as a safety feature originally, though I can't recall why now. Tongue

Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 03, 17:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, recently, when I was enabling accessories for outerwear, I noticed that copying categories to all also copied the gender option checked, in a file which had parts for various ages and genders. I'm not sure that's intentional. Anyway, maybe the other way round would be more useful: retaining gender option and copying clothing category to all.
Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 03, 21:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love it if hair is also binnable to the correct eyebrow color. I always do that seperately in simpe.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 March 03, 22:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a simple one--could you make it possible to move a single garment to another folder instead of having to move everything you've found in the sort.

Otherwise I love WW.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 March 03, 23:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that actually allowed? Huh. I didn't know that was allowed, so that explains why I didn't allow that. I was trying to make it so the Wrangler could basically NOT break anything by generally preventing people from screwing around too much. Though there always was the advanced tab.... Anyhow, provided that's allowed, I can easily add that.

I've seen some eyesets that have five or six levels of dominance, ranging from 1 to 2.  I've geneticized my eyes that way, and so far, nothing's broken.  Some SimKiddies I had with hazel eyes geneticized at 1.5 married people with custom eyes set to a dominance of 1, and all their SimKiddies ended up with the dominant eyes.  In my experience, intermediate values won't break anything, and if it's do-able, THANK YOU!

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 March 03, 23:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love it if hair is also binnable to the correct eyebrow color. I always do that seperately in simpe.
Is this process identical to the one used to bin hair?

Just a simple one--could you make it possible to move a single garment to another folder instead of having to move everything you've found in the sort.

Otherwise I love WW.
Should be able to add a context menu to do that, yes.

CatOfEvilGenius
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2009 March 04, 04:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do use WW.  Would love to have a batch mode.  Let me select multiple files, for example 20 outfits, and do the same thing to all of them, for example, set their category to outerwear.  This is what I primarily use WW for, and it takes me a while to do them individually.  If WW already has batch mode and I just haven't figured out how to use it, I'll feel pretty silly. Wink

Duplicate texture removal would be handy.  As AmberDiceless mentioned, I am working on this.  I can remove dupes from individual files, but I cannot yet find duplicates that may be used by several files, put them in just one file, and make the other files link to it.  That's planned for the future.  If you would rather tackle this project and incorporate it into WW, I have no problem with that.  If my source would be of use to you, I'll share it.  It's not up yet because I don't consider it polished enough yet to share, but if you want it, you can have it.

Please spay or neuter your pets --- my Sims2 clothing meshes
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 March 04, 11:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since it seems our last chance, I'll likely have quite a few more suggestions.
- Setting skintone genetic value still does not work for me: moving the slider causes error (System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format), and overwriting the genetic value does not move the slider, nor does it get saved. 
- Support for image sizes 812x1623, 128x256, 512x128, 256x128. And maybe instead of the pop-up window at an unsupported image size, just a window or image that does not have to be clicked to go on?
- Ability to enlarge the file list window, or even to scroll left and right to see file names even in recursive mode. 
- Ability to remove unneeded (non-duplicate) texture files would be lovely. Like the two in each Liana accessory with white spots against black background.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 March 04, 14:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or the multiple alpha textures in Peggy hairs?  Angry

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 March 04, 15:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like the ability to remove "townify" from clothes also.

I accidentally townified a pair of pants by fanseelamb that are cut very low to be worn with long shirts. They look utterly ridiculous with regular shirts which of course will be chosen by the game for the tops. I ended up deleting the file and re-downloading it.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 March 04, 15:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like the ability to remove "townify" from clothes also.

I accidentally townified a pair of pants by fanseelamb that are cut very low to be worn with long shirts. They look utterly ridiculous with regular shirts which of course will be chosen by the game for the tops. I ended up deleting the file and re-downloading it.

Oh my. O_o

The ability to change the tooltip field would be cool too. For those accessories that you cannot see in the thumbnail preview.

yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 March 04, 15:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ability to insert the file name as tooltip in one click would still be a wonderful addition.
CatOfEvilGenius
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 March 04, 19:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ability to insert the file name as tooltip in one click would still be a wonderful addition.
Gods, yes!  This is badly needed.  Forgot to request this in my previous post, but vetyak jogged my brain.

Please spay or neuter your pets --- my Sims2 clothing meshes
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: