More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 09:38:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is Belladonna borked or is it the Contenders?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is Belladonna borked or is it the Contenders?  (Read 2868 times)
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is Belladonna borked or is it the Contenders?
« on: 2009 June 11, 05:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm pretty much back to square one with the re-installation of M&G.  I had originally uninstalled because Belladonna was getting crashy, it never did with AL.  It would crash while I was saving, and it would crash when a lot was in the middle of loading.  I removed all my downloads, fully prepared to do the binary samba, however, the lot crashed upon loading, even with no cc.  I said screw it, uninstalled M&G, and everything went back to normal once again.  

Of course I wouldn't leave it alone, got antsy and reinstalled.  I also replaced files from an earlier M&G backup (before problems started occurring).  Same issues started up again, with an odd new development.  Currently there are no families in the family bin at Belladonna, while the other neighborhoods have them.  I moved the Contender family into a new house, the lot crashed while it was still loading.  I moved them to the family bin and into a different house a few times, the lots loaded and crashed about ten seconds in.  Now I'm thinking that the hood is simply FUBARed, or the Contenders, or even the game for that matter.  If it is, it is.  I would appreciate it if someone could decipher the error log, just so I can say fuck it and scrap the thing already if that is the case.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 14, 15:46:12 by LeaveMeAlone » Logged
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Is Belladonna borked or is it the Contenders?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 11, 06:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I never got M&G, and my Belladonna is definitely FUBAR, with no bin families either.  Apparently the sims are all there, and can be summoned with teleporters, but all their attributes are set to default - i.e. they are all male and all adult, including the Newson orphans.  I've fixed this by never playing the hood. Tongue

You might try deleting your The Sims 2 folder (after backing up your CC and custom hoods) and having the game regenerate all the EAxis hoods.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 13, 05:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I may just do that or like yourself, just not play that hood at all.  The Contender house was the only one I had played.  I just wish I knew why it got borked.  Thanks.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 04, 00:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is belladonna.  I took out all of my hacks and it still crashes when anybody goes downtown.  There is no way I am buying M&G, as I am having enough trouble with AL.   I think they just threw the last e-packs togeather so they could concentrate on sims3. Bunch of f--ing assholes at EA.   Angry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: