More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 14:00:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  EXCLUSIVE!!! Sim Scoops Lottery Jackpot!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE!!! Sim Scoops Lottery Jackpot!!!  (Read 8244 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
EXCLUSIVE!!! Sim Scoops Lottery Jackpot!!!
« on: 2005 August 15, 18:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my Pleasantview is getting weirder and weirder.  One of my campus lots has some sort of bug and nobody can move out.  Moving back to Pleasantview won't work, neither will Find Own Place.  It was fine when one Sim moved out, but after that it broke.  Nuking stuck move-outs doesn't work, nothing does.

The last Sim to move out successfully was Martin Ruben.  When Jane Stacks graduated he moved her straight back in and they had twins.  Martin continued to study and as soon as he'd graduated and gone, it was time for Allegra Gorey to leave, but she couldn't (no YA's move out of any lot automatically anymore unless they have parties, they have to manually call for the taxi).  Anyway, Allegra couldn't move out, nor could she find her own place, which I'd been trying to get her to do ever since Jane moved back in.  In the end she went when I made her Unselectable, although when I hit "Restore Family" to try to reset the lot, she came back.

Needless to say, I couldn't move Jane out either.  If I tried to get anyone to 'Find Own Place' it would say I had to wait as someone was in the process of moving out.  Once I'd asked them to leave, they became semi-controllable.  When asked to do something, they would walk a few paces then cancel the action.  The Baby Controller was still trying to get Jane to see to the toddlers, but she couldn't. 

I went to the main neighbourhood and moved Martin into his own place, then got him to invite Jane over and ask her to move in with the twins (now toddlers ready to transition) and Allegra, so the latter could immediately leave and find her own place.  When Jane moved in, not only did she bring the twins and Allegra with her, she also brought just short of SIX MILLION SIMOLEANS.  I've heard of this happening before, but what on earth causes it?  I did hit the "Move Out" button quite a few times, but not enough for the $20,000's to add-up to this amount, if by any chance this is what was happening.  It's not the first time I've had former YA's and babies on campus lots either and nothing untoward happened then.  There is another couple on the lot, namely Vasyl Hiatt (former dormie) who is still studying and his former YA girlfriend, Beatrice Broke (eldest daughter of Dustin & Angela), so I will see what happens when Vasyl moves out and gets Beatrice to join him.  Maybe she will win the lottery as well.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 17, 00:32:27 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: EXCLUSIVE!!! Sim Scoops Lottery Jackpot!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 15, 18:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened to me with the Curious brothers. I wanted to separate them, and move them all to the family bin.

Then I made a CAS female, put her in a house, and teleported Pascal with Inge's teleporter. My sim proposed to Pacal to move in, and he brought 2,800,000$.

I made another CAS sim, teleported Lazlo, proposed him to move in, and he brought 5,900,000$.

Vidcund brought 1,700,000$.

But it was done with a cheat, not as your case...Smiley.
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 15, 19:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me, too, and under similar circumstances. The only way I could get the graduating seniors out was to have someone invite them to move in. The sim moving in brought 4 million+ to the sponsoring sim. And at that point, I had no hacks whatsoever (a situation I remedied later). But that one's not a glitch I mind having  Cheesy
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 15, 19:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my Pleasantview is getting weirder and weirder.  One of my campus lots has some sort of bug and nobody can move out.  Moving back to Pleasantview won't work, neither will Find Own Place.  It was fine when one Sim moved out, but after that it broke.  Nuking stuck move-outs doesn't work, nothing does.

Wow -- that lottery effect is really something!  You may not want to fix the "problem" if it has that kind of payoff, but if you do .... I had similar problems, and could not fix with the FFS Lot Debugger, but was able to with the TwoJeff's fix -- reference this thread here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=52.msg4133#msg4133

Edited to add:   I see, on second look, that you participated in that thread  Cheesy  but I'll leave this here for reference anyway.

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 15, 20:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One way to fix the "someone is already trying to move out" bug is to have a mod that lets you "remove visitors" from the lot, like Danny's teleporter (the yellow thing) from DMA sims.  I'm sure there are other things that do it, but that's what I use.  For some reason when a sim moves out, the game seems to think they are still there.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 15, 21:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes when a child is just about to transition, it's impossible to move a parent out of the lot - they just don't want to go, and you have to exit without saving or they die in the cab!

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 16, 02:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened to me with the Curious brothers. I wanted to separate them, and move them all to the family bin.

Then I made a CAS female, put her in a house, and teleported Pascal with Inge's teleporter. My sim proposed to Pacal to move in, and he brought 2,800,000$.

I made another CAS sim, teleported Lazlo, proposed him to move in, and he brought 5,900,000$.

Vidcund brought 1,700,000$.

But it was done with a cheat, not as your case...Smiley.

I had something like that happen when I was experimenting with the Pleasantview Bella.  I teleported her onto the Goth house, worked up her relationship with Cassandra, eventually got her to move in and she brought nearly 5million simoleons with her.  Because, you know, the Goths really needed the extra cash.

Unfortunately I'd forgotten to use SimPE to remove the 'i am dead' token or add any personality to her (so dear god getting her relationship high enough to move her in was tough), so the next time I went back to the lot she was gone.  The money was still there, though.

<insert witty comment here>
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 16, 05:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me with Jane Stacks, too!

She and Daniel Pleasant were bumping uglies whilst Mary Sue was at work, but once Mary Sue dropped off the perch, I figured, what the hell, I'll move Jane in with Daniel. She brought with her around 5 and half million Simoleons...

It's kind of a pain in the ass, actually, I mean, once you've updated the kitchen counters, and installed a new spa and some nice paintings, there's not really much else to do with it all. I ended up money ordering it to random Townies, and then killing them. Kind of felt bad about it to start with, you know, give some poor sod a few million big ones then drop a satellite on their head, but eh, what're you gonna do?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 18, 00:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the plot thickens, but hopefully I've discovered the cause.  The last two remaining graduate in the affected house, namely the dormie Vasyl Hiatt, was able to move out in a taxi after his graduation party.  Whether he would have been able to if I hadn't discovered that the start portal for the delivery van was missing and replaced it, I don't know (for some reason this stopped taxis taking graduates back to the neighbourhood, but didn't stop taxis taking them to community lots ... and what do taxis have to do with delivery vans, anyway?  They arrive on the opposite side of the road!).  Anyway ... straight after Vasyl left, a message popped-up saying that it was high-time Martin Ruben went back to the real world (remember, he's the one who's girlfriend moved into his house with all the dosh).  So, Martin also gets a taxi, which was rather nice as he had to walk to the graduation party.  I was then able to call a taxi to move Vasyl's adult girlfriend, Beatrice Broke, back to the neighbourhood.

When I checked them all, Martin was in the Family Bin with just over 2 1/2 million smackeroonies.  Mind you, Jane (still in their house with the twins) only had about the same, their total cash had been split in half.  I think they lost some along the way too, because even including the value of their house, what they have now doesn't add-up to almost 6 million like it did before.  Pity I didn't sort this problem out before, I might have saved poor Allegra Gorey from her early demise.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 18, 01:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, with this extra insight, if you've backed the game up just before Allegra died, you could go back and play it again!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 18, 01:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, with this extra insight, if you've backed the game up just before Allegra died, you could go back and play it again!
My last back-up was about a week ago and I deleted that today when I made a new one.  I prefer to let things happen the way they happen, I'm not a fatalist for nothing!  I always regretted bringing back my Sim who died under the wedding arch, so I'm not going to do that again.  What I will probably do is clone Allegra and use her in another neighbourhood.  There was something weird about her all round, I think.  When I checked her file, in nearly all her relationships with people she'd just encountered, they were either 51/51 or 47/47 for her (mainly) and she was 0/0 for them.  This was all kinds of Sims, both playable and NPC.  I think she was just one screwed-up lady!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 18, 01:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you like, I could check her in my game and see if the same thing applies.  If not, then maybe cloning isn't the answer but reinstalling would give you a second chance at creating her without glitches.  I mean,since whe's not one of your own creations and therefore irretrievable, you do have other options.  Also a thought, if you make a custom neighbourhood and use the SimStateUni hood with that, she may recreated correctly.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 18, 05:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, she's retrievable in that I could get someone to resurrect her easily enough.  I probably will, seeing as the death-bug seems to be rampant in Pleasantview right now.  Yet another Sim has just dropped dead of the mysterious choking disease, this time Grayson Bruenig, former mascot (who still mascotises when the urge takes him).  His girlfriend lost to the Reaper, so I obtained the Resurrector-Thingy by cheating and brought him back.  He's far too good-looking to lose - well, when he's in his normal clothes, anyway.

Incidentally, the last time I saw Grayson he was at a graduation party on the same lot as Allegra had lived in.  Oh and Martin Ruben, who I had to put back in with his family from the neighbourhood screen ... when I went into his lot (to see if he was going to peg-out on me as well), he was still in bed with his wife exactly where he'd been when I last played the lot, not standing by the mailbox or anything.  Things are really getting weird in Pleasantview ...
« Last Edit: 2005 August 18, 05:53:41 by Ancient Sim » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 18, 07:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the game just doesn't mean you to move so many Uni NPC's into Pleasantview?  Or maybe you do have a dodgy installation in the first instance.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 18, 12:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt that's it.  Anyway, Allegra isn't an NCP in that sense, she was a playable YA already in a house who'd already started studying.  Grayson is great in the neighbourhood.  Every so often he just walks into people's houses in his mascot gear and he still goes round the Uni lots.  He changes clothes of his own accord, so I just change him back.  He has the option on his wardrobe pie-menu to wear 'Special', which is his mascot gear.  Maybe one day he will change into special before woo-hoo ...

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 22, 16:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My last back-up was about a week ago and I deleted that today when I made a new one.  I prefer to let things happen the way they happen, I'm not a fatalist for nothing! 

Wow. I keep mine for... um... about six months. This is paranoia left over from the Sims 1 EP that Ate My Neighbourhoods (I think it was Vacation) - can't remember what the bug was now, but it was one of those insidious creeping ones that you don't notice until your entire Neighbourhood is damaged (big firey ball etc etc). I had to go back to a backup from 6 weeks earlier. It was just as well I had a backup from 6 weeks earlier, or I'd've been gutted.

Where this borders into paranoid obsession is the fact that I still have 3 CDs full of my Neighbourhoods from TS1, and I haven't even booted the game up in 2 years. But 3 CDs take up virtually no space... she says, justifying her OCD.

He has the option on his wardrobe pie-menu to wear 'Special', which is his mascot gear.  Maybe one day he will change into special before woo-hoo ...

Argh! I wish you hadn't said that! Now I need to scrub my brain out! With soap! Cool

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 22, 17:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Lord, I have visions of him woohooing in his llama mask!

Zephyr Zodiac
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 04, 08:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A fix for this problem (if you view it as a problem *lol*) is available here:

http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=1860

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 05, 06:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had this glitch - I had thought it was pretty rare, too. Guess not, heh! Had a Sim move out of his old house with his kid and into the House of Fallen Trees downtown. I'd forgotten I wanted him to bring someone else from that old house too, though, so I invited/teleported her over (can't remember which one, don't know if it affects anything) and had her move in. She brought 5 million or so with her. They definitely didn't have that much at the old place, though they had a good amount, 300,000 or so. Anyway, these are all born-in-game Sims, nothing to do with Uni or dormies.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 05, 11:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason for that is that the Tricous had millions!  Since the ghosts are still there on the lot, the money is presumably there too.  Why not try resurrecting them? I did, and they're quite fun to play.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: