More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 16:45:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jumpy Teen!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jumpy Teen!  (Read 6069 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Jumpy Teen!
« on: 2005 August 15, 01:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know teens can be jumpy, but this is ridiculous!  This teen was fine as a toddler, fine as a child, but since he's become a teen he constantly resets, he suddenly appeared by the front steps at 11.00 am when he had gone on the school bus as he should have done, and I can't work out what's wrong.  I've tried changing any downloads which might have affected him, though why him and not his parents has me beat!  I've changed his appearance, and he only has Maxis clothes.  He also seems to have no free-will, although I always play with free-will on.

Any ideas, folks?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Jumpy Teen!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 15, 01:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like an interaction test tree he's trying to perform is error, resulting in random hiccups. Log?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 15, 01:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet.  I've never been able to work out how to do it!  I know this admission will get my lips ripped, but there youhave it!

Well, I've managed to do it!  (Never managed before!)  Now how do I upload it?
« Last Edit: 2005 August 15, 02:00:31 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 15, 05:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm probably going to be completely unhelpful, but I just had this problem and I think I managed to solve it without screaming on the board here.

My kid was studying from a book and doing a weird freakout every few seconds or so, although he wasn't jumping out of studying completely. I turned on boolprop to see what was causing the trouble. The Nanny Mobile. I had the nanny coming on a regular schedule according to the patriarch's job. And the patriarch had just died. I had the kid's mom call and cancel the nanny, and so far, so good.

For those who have a clue, the error was "tree break encountered." If you want to know more than that, let me know.

*runs away holding hands to lips
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 15, 06:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the nanny mobile. This appears to be the "Portal Bandit" bug, supposedly caused by sims being allowed to simply "Read Book". Somebody on MTS2 had a fix for it. I analyzed that fix, and it doesn't appear to be a complete solution, and the sim will jump the moment the error occurs, as far as I can tell, but it will stop the portal banditry which causes the disintegration of random game controllers like portals.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 15, 10:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance you could edit that incomplete fix and complete it then? Cheesy

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 15, 10:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This family never had the nanny!

And I resent the word "screaming"!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 15, 13:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because they never had a nanny, doesn't mean to say a nanny was never on the lot.  Those nannies are ominpresent.  They get everywhere.  They are EVIL.  Can you honestly say one never snuck in?  They probably hide in carpools - did you check?  Evil, evil things.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 15, 13:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because you never had a nanny does not mean the portal has not been deleted.  The nanny is just a manifestation of the error, not the error itself. (Even though all nanny's should be ignored at all costs and locked away somewhere the moment they appear on the lot)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 15, 14:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you definitely are saying the nanny somehow caused this to happen?  If I move the family to another lot, will this put the teenager right?  Or will it right itself when he grows up again?

As it happens, I exited without saving, then reloaded the game and the lot, and although he still jumps, it's not as bad as the first time - interestingly the first time the debugger showed broken mood boosts, AWOL headmasters and offworld loiterers.  The second time, it only showed the AWOL headmaster, so it would appear that on reloading the lot it was not as badly bugged as the first time.

Zephyr Zodiac
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 15, 16:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I resent the word "screaming"!

Ha, I meant me. I do a lot of shrill squealing here when something goes wrong that I haven't seen or read about before. Sorry I wasn't more precise; I was mocking myself.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 15, 17:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, apology accepted - but you can scream if you want!  I was just pointing out that I wasn't screaming as I hadn't reached that level of frustration yet - the house is still playable, but it's just wierd!  But if it's part of the nannybug, thre doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.  Just hope Axel grows out of it when he goes to college!

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 16, 00:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd update you - I decided in the end it was the lot that was corrupted, and not Axel, so I moved them out, bulldozed the lot and built them a new house.  I've just moved them in and he's acted autonomously and not jumped once!  Darn Maxis houses!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: