More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 22:36:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What the...??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What the...??  (Read 19302 times)
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
What the...??
« on: 2005 August 01, 23:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game has done something new and cute--I keep putting in the cheat to hide the censor grid and nothing happens. I tried it in another lot. Nothing. I looked it up on the web to make sure my brain didn't die and I am spelling it correctly. And I've used it hundreds of times before, so I don't know what's going on now.

BTW, I have few hacks, all of them Pescado's except the final exam fix from Twojeffs.

Any ideas? Maybe I should just restart and try it again and hope for a one-time game fart?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: What the...??
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 01, 23:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are doing this:

intProp censorGridSize 0

Right? Or are you leaving the game in Pause mode? You have to unpause to kill the censor.

clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 02, 00:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are doing this:

intProp censorGridSize 0

Right? Or are you leaving the game in Pause mode? You have to unpause to kill the censor.

Right. And I don't pause for that cheat, so that can't be the issue.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 02, 00:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say restart and see what happens.

A proud thread pirate.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 02, 00:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a hack in Mod the Sims 2, named "unblur", which you have to put in your config folder. It replaces the "userStartup" file, so save your config folder before. Search for unblur.

Why do you need it? I used it once, and all I saw was naked dolls - nothing interesting, and I took it off. My sims have sexy dresses, and that's far more interesting...Smiley.
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 02, 00:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spoke too soon.  Embarrassed The cheat worked on restart. But thanks all for the quick responses. Looks like today is not the day for a fbvfos.

gali, I use the cheat mostly out of habit, and partly just because I can. It's my private rebellion against the prudery of the U.S.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 02, 00:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just add the cheat code to your userStartup file in Config and the blur will be permanently gone.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 02, 11:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also download an unblur file from Snooty Sims...I don't think it replaces anything (though it's been a while since I got it).

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 02, 11:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you need it? I used it once, and all I saw was naked dolls - nothing interesting, and I took it off. My sims have sexy dresses, and that's far more interesting...Smiley.

Well, for me, I hate the way it blurs out the whole baby when I'm trying to take a picture of baby's first bath in the kitchen sink! 

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 02, 14:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, for me, I hate the way it blurs out the whole baby when I'm trying to take a picture of baby's first bath in the kitchen sink! 

Chris

That's my biggest peeve, too, it interferes with my baby bath pictures.  Grin

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 02, 14:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want to DISABLE the CENSOR!!??  Aieeeeeee!  W.W.J.T.S. (What Would Jack Thompson Say).

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 03, 03:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who gives a damn what Jack Thompson thinks.  Angry  The blur is one of the first things I had to get rid of when I got the game.  I find the blur very distracting and slows things down.  I don't get any perverse pleasure from watching "barbie doll" sims, but I'd rather see them au naturel than with some stupid blur like on TV shows where they are trying to conceal someone's identity.  Covering something up only makes people more curious to know what is being concealed.

I downloaded a file from MTS2 like the ones you are talking about.  It is basically the same as putting the cheat command in your startup cheat file.  I now have that one as well as the debug cheat and the cheat for more sims at a party, especilally since these last two have to be entered from the neighborhood, and I always forget.  (Some functions with the debug cheat don't work unless you exit the lot and re-enter.)

One thing I don't understand is why they blur the baby on the potty?  You can't see anything, and you can see babies on their potties anywhere.  They even show naked babies on TV!  So what's the big deal about seeing a baby getting their diaper changed.  I just love the toddlers.  One of the cutest things in the game is the way the toddlers fuss about being put on the changing table, and I adore the way they pat the potty while they are on it.  But I assume these things wouldn't even be viewable with that danged blur.  I didn't realize it was blurred until I saw a picture in the Prima Guide where the baby on the potty was blurred.  I have had the censor blur removed almost since day one, and I hadn't played toddlers yet then.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 03, 03:17:26 by rainbow » Logged
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 03, 05:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want to DISABLE the CENSOR!!??  Aieeeeeee!  W.W.J.T.S. (What Would Jack Thompson Say).

Ugxh, don't get me started on that. Completely asinine.

By the way, love the avatar.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 03, 11:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a file from MTS2 like the ones you are talking about.  It is basically the same as putting the cheat command in your startup cheat file.  I now have that one as well as the debug cheat and the cheat for more sims at a party, especilally since these last two have to be entered from the neighborhood, and I always forget.  (Some functions with the debug cheat don't work unless you exit the lot and re-enter.)

And some functiomns (like the simDNA cheat) won't work at all unless you put the debugging cheat in your userStartup.cheat file.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 03, 13:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, love the avatar.

Thanks!

And rainbow, I know JT is a schmuck.  I disable the censor all the time as well.  In fact, the cheat is in my cheat.startup file or whatever. 

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 03, 22:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem with disabling the censor is that it makes me start wondering how sims pee with their pants on . . . deep thoughts. Maybe I should ask the BBSers?
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 03, 22:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha I dare you! Cheesy

A proud thread pirate.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 04, 09:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And rainbow, I know JT is a schmuck.  I disable the censor all the time as well.  In fact, the cheat is in my cheat.startup file or whatever. 

Yeah, I figured you knew that.  I saw your post about him way back when the whole thing started.  I just couldn't resist commenting and giving my two simoleans. Cheesy
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 04, 14:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you should make a post about that on the BBS as well.  The exchange rate between dollars/euros/pounds/simoleans.

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 04, 14:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jack Thompson pees with his pants on, too.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 04, 20:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Explains why they so often need a shower after going to the loo!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 05, 00:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jack Thompson pees with his pants on, too.

He looks like a sim guy when he showers too!!!  Shocked
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 05, 00:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, even Jack Thompson sometimes has to download custom skins...

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 07, 21:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need a new hobby. I think goading BBSers into inevitable stupidity sounds like fun. I plan to ask the BBS to answer questions, and see what responses I get. Should the pee thing be the first question (if I am allowed to steal it), or does someone have another suggestion. I have no shame, am not afraid of being banned, and do not care if they think I am an idiot because they do not get the joke. All suggestions will be considered.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 07, 21:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember if you've been on any of the Daily Idiot threads, but you should go over there and join us (even though it's slow today, for some reason).

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: