More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 23:02:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flying pig
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flying pig  (Read 25149 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Flying pig
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 30, 15:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the pig flew over my shopping district, I just presumed it was a runaway from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. 

After all, you can see the ropes hanging below it... Cool
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 30, 15:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not thrilled with the idea of pets either. God I hope the strays won't be as annoying as they were in Unleased Tongue I'm sure I'll be in the minority here but I hope they won't be controllable. I'd rather have them just running around doing their own thing and not have to spend time sending them to the litterbox. I didn't want cars either and I like them now, so maybe I'll be the same way with the pets. It could be okay depending on how they do it.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 30, 21:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the pets can open doors and let themselves in, if pets take up a family slot, if it's not more realistic than Unleashed, I won't buy it either. Period.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 30, 21:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if they make pets, the will end up allowing you to have more sims on the lot, probably 16.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Firestorm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 30, 23:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if they make pets, the will end up allowing you to have more sims on the lot, probably 16.

You're a dreamer, you are.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 30, 23:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really care about weather. I like it sunny all the time, good for the serotonin levels. I even dislike it when night-time comes for the sims. The extent of my hatred for darkness runs that deep.
* J. M. Pescado hiss at sun!

I dunno what this nonsense about "seratonin levels" is, but I *HATE* sunlight! IT BURNS!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 31, 00:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I love darkness and hate light, being a Night Owl.  As a true Scorp, I would truly love to live in a cellar with no natural light whatsoever.  I can understand JM and his bunker, him being a Scorp as well.  It's definitely a Scorpio thing.  Pluto is a very dark planet, I think (Scorpio's ruling planet for those who are going "Eh?  Y'what?  Ain't he a dog?").   

Thanks for the link btw, Sleepycat, I will try that one out.  The one I was using was called LotFullOfSims, but I couldn't find it anywhere when I searched.  I'm sure the description is the same, but the file name isn't.  I have no idea if it does work, but I remember everyone saying it didn't once OFB came out so I pulled it.  Maybe it would work, I don't know, but I will try this other one anyway.

Ignore that last paragraph.  For some strange reason, the zip file has a totally different name to the file inside it, which is called ... wait for it ... LotFullOfSims.  May as well put my old one back in then.  Sigh.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 31, 00:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would also presumably reduce the number of Sims in the family even more (bad enough that Servo does it) and as the mod I had to allow more than 8 members isn't working since OFB, this would be a VERY BAD THING in my book.

Hmm, I had the vamp household with 11 members but don't think I've tried to make more sim babies since OFB. Dammit, I like that hack.

It still works great in my game with OFB. I currently have a family of 24(huge house) and growing larger by the day.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 31, 01:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a Sagittarius, and my ruling planet is Jupiter. I know not what this means, but it's keen to know. I googled it.

I can't wait until next year when Daylight Savings starts lasting a month longer.

*hugs self with glee*
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 31, 02:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read (and you know the old saying ) so take it for what it's worth.  On a Maxis chat someone asked when a pets ep was coming out.  Maxis replied "When pigs fly".  I read the thing about Pink Floyd with the flying pig landing in a farmer's field and the name of the album was Animals.  So if you put together It could mean the next ep is a farming one with animals which every farm needs cats and dogs.  Just my opinion hey I could be wrong.

i'm one of those with the really unpopular opinion that farms with sculptures for animals is just sad. i'd like to have "for real" animals on my farms. >>duckin' the rotten tomatoes i expect to be thrown-LOL!<<

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 31, 02:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, I'm guessing the special creature will be a werewolf if there is one.
speaking of werewolves-does it bug anyone else that they put vampires, zombies n ghosts in the game that nobody is scared of? Where's the fun in a haunted house or a vampires castle if they play kicky bag n "hang out" like everyone else, and the ghosts just look like their sim self only they float?  The sims just walk past 'em like they are no biggie most of the time. Prob'ly be the same with were wolves-which misses the point seems like  Undecided

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 31, 02:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would also presumably reduce the number of Sims in the family even more (bad enough that Servo does it) and as the mod I had to allow more than 8 members isn't working since OFB, this would be a VERY BAD THING in my book.

Hmm, I had the vamp household with 11 members but don't think I've tried to make more sim babies since OFB. Dammit, I like that hack.

this mod is working in my game

~G.K. Chesterton~
olomaya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 31, 02:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, shouldn't this thread be in the Myths and Urban Legends section?  Wink

It's weird how rumors get started, I just read something similar on the BBS.  To clear a few things up, there's no contest to figure out what spawns the flying pig.  MaxoidHunter just stated in the chat that he was waiting for us to figure it out.

I don't ever recall Maxis ever saying "when pigs fly" to someone bitching about when we were going to get pets.  It's pretty moot as they've stated time and time again that we will get pets in an ep, it's just a matter of when and not if.  Yet the "hey, i've got a great idea!  how about pets?" threads on the Suggest an Idea board keep piling up.

My guess is the pig balloon is either a Pink Floyd reference or just a "when pigs fly" reference and has nothing to do with any future farm-themed expansion pack.  I could be wrong but mostly I think people are reading waaay too much into this whole flying pig thing.  Pigs are the new Bella, I guess.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 31, 03:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe since this is an ep about business the pig blimps are symbols of corporate greed. Wink
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 31, 03:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading their chat it sounds like something in-game causes the pig -

mrsarmybrat (Mar 16, 2006 3:07:40 PM)
are there any hidden things in ofb that might take a while to find?

MaxisHunter! (Mar 16, 2006 3:07:40 PM)
I'm waiting to find out when you guys figure out what makes the flying pig show up. Smiley

Now I am curious why I don't have a pig  Embarrassed

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 31, 03:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So we're going to get a Dick Cheney expansion?
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 31, 05:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a feeling that the pig appearing is completely random since no one has found an actual cause yet.  Maybe they threw this in the game since they actually made a twin cheat and want people to make crazy theories on why it appears.  "OMG! If you have a pregnant sim eat 5 bags of cookies, enter in 'boolprop pigappear true' in the cheat box, and have them woohoo 10 times after the pregnant sim gives birth to a boy then the Pig will appear!  I've had this work 2 times out of the 15 times I tried it so this must be the method!"
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 31, 05:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only two things that I have added to a completely clean new neighbourhood for decoration is a windmill and a water tower.    I have a flying pig now.    I am positive it must be either one of those or maybe it requires both of them to activate our porcine friend.    Try it and see.

edit
  No business establishments have been set up yet and I have no families yet.    All that is there is about 6 empty
  houses, a water tower and a windmill.     I haven't started playing this neighbourhood yet, I am still just setting it up.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 01, 04:24:32 by Marg » Logged
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 31, 10:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people on the BBS seem to think it's the water tower that causes them to appear, but there are still some players with pigs and no water towers.  The fact that I have one pig (sometimes two) in Bluewater Village but none in the main Pleasantview it's attached to must mean something.  Maybe it's one pig for every 3 businesses or something equally boring.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 31, 13:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's one pig for every 3 businesses or something equally boring.

nope, I had two show up right after installing OFB before I did anything in it so I had no businesses
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 31, 14:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pig first appeared for me in Pleasantview after I built a new house, with the idea of having a storefront business in it.  I hadn't put in the cash register yet, but I did put the Open/Close Business Sign in there, and when I exited that pig was right in my face!  Freaked me out, hehe! I wonder if it's reference isn't something simple like a 'capitalist pig' reference?  If the next EP is about animals, I don't think I would buy it, but farm animals and farming would be very cool -- or I should say could be cool, depending on how many bugs they manage to work out before releasing it..

Max
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 31, 18:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm working on a completely clean custom neighborhood that only has a water tower and a radio antenna for decor so far.  The flying pig is already present floating over my mostly empty 'hood.

Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 31, 19:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen the pig yet Sad
and I play a lot.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 31, 20:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen the pig, but I haven't really looked either. Anyway, the idea of the next expansion being farming/pets sounds reasonable. Since Maxis didn't hint as to what the next exp. is... which makes me think (like someone has said before) that saying it was going to be pets might possibly take away from OFB and the family pack, etc. I did not like all the strays either, but I remember finding a hacked sign you could put in your yard that would keep them away. Someone also made a litter box hack where your pet would go in it on their own when their needs were low and it would refresh everything.

I guess we'll find out... someday.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 April 02, 09:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I had the water tower no flying pigs.  Someone mention windmills nope had those before the water tower.  On the other thread  about this (there is a link above) SimSherry said about the pet bricks, so I got a pet brick trained it and went to the neighborhood screen (this neighborhood I made not maxis) and sure enough the pig was floating around the water tower.  So if this is a clue to the next ep and go as I think I have to give Maxis credit for doing this way it's kinda of fun, because All in All Were Just Another Brick in the Wall.  Or I just really need to get a life.  Wink

So if you don't have any flying pigs put a water tower in and go train a brick.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: