More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 10:46:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Autosocialize seems to need help, well sometimes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autosocialize seems to need help, well sometimes  (Read 3495 times)
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Autosocialize seems to need help, well sometimes
« on: 2006 October 09, 18:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been going on for some time now and finally decided to type about it.  Strange things with autosocialize, playable sims getting stuck on topics the other sim doesn't want to talk about for example.  This mostly occurs when playable sim has been told to socialize - friendly on a townie or visiting playable sim with nuetral or unactracted attraction.  Playable sim gets stuck on topic that the other sim doesn't want to talk about.  Then once friends has occured the "friendly hug" happens too soon and there went 10 points worth of yaking down the tubes. 

When there is at least one lightining bolt or more the mod works flawlessly, instant 100 point friends (almost instant), very Awesome.

FYI have all Expansion packs installed including holiday, FFS, and Glamour.  Yes Maxis bit me pretty well. 

Thanks,

Pcgeekri

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Autosocialize seems to need help, well sometimes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 09, 19:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When there is at least one lightning bolt or more the mod works flawlessly, instant 100 point friends (almost instant), very Awesome.

Well, not always -- I have a CAS YA that I'm intending to be a 'modified Legacy' (i.e., I won't give up my hacks Smiley ) founder, and he has 2 bolts with a girl in his dorm, but they almost never find a topic in common.  Autosoc pretty much is a waste of time with her.  He's got a pretty good relationship with a 1-bolter, so I don't really worry about it too much.  But it does fail on occasion if the two sims have maybe only one or two interests in common.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 09, 19:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people are just not meant to get along, and both manual operation and AutoSoc will just find it to be an uphill battle against them. Try the "Unfriendly" option instead, I'm sure it will work better. For factors not entirely obvious, some sims just refuse to get along, and trying to tune things to be ultra-conservative to account for these people results in AutoSoc being paralyizingly ineffective in the general case.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 09, 19:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny that they won't get along even with 2 bolts -- I would have thought the attraction system took interests into account.  But wait, this is Maxis -- what was I thinking? Smiley

I'll have to try the 'unfriendly' version next time I play that dorm and see what happens.  If nothing else, every Legacy house should have a 'mortal enemy' house....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 09, 19:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny that they won't get along even with 2 bolts -- I would have thought the attraction system took interests into account.  But wait, this is Maxis -- what was I thinking? Smiley
Bolts are only weakly, if at all, influenced by interests, and bolts have zero influence on the acceptance of talk/chat actions, which is determined purely by interests.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 09, 19:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, and yes some don't just get along,

Okay, I understand.  Well there's always Kicky Bag.  lol  Takes more time but it works. 

Thanks,

Pcgeekri
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 09, 21:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can be wildly attracted to people with whom you have nothing in common. After all, lust isn't dependent on conversation. Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 09, 22:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can be wildly attracted to people with whom you have nothing in common. After all, lust isn't dependent on conversation. Wink
I really don't see the logical reason why you'd want to do something like that. Not to mention that "STFU" does not tend to make a very good conversational starter. Plus someone who's insipid blather fills me with homicidal rage is not someone I want anything to do with.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 09, 23:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you enjoy those homocidal rages

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 09, 23:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you enjoy those homocidal rages
No, I enjoy getting to indulge in them. There's a difference.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 09, 23:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you gotta have them to indulge them. I mean, what fun would it be to come up with a homicidal opportunity, only to discover you'd been too good at avoiding insipidly blathering folk (that is to say, everyone) and thus weren't raging?

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: