More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:37:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Resurrecting Pregnant Sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resurrecting Pregnant Sims?  (Read 3467 times)
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Resurrecting Pregnant Sims?
« on: 2006 October 30, 18:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has a been a long time since I had a pregnant woman die unexpectedly (pre-NL maybe).  Not the "oops, didn't feed her fast enough and now she is too tired, too hungry" death that is my fault but the "wake up and die because she went to a community lot at some point and died there"

So - I don't know if something changed with pets or I have just been lucky but I had the weirdest death last night that makes me wonder if I need to start carefully watching visiting pregnant playables again.

2-3 bump popularity sim comes to visit my romance couples' home (she wasn't invited and hardly even known but at 10 outgoing I guess she didn't care).  I pretty much ignored her because the couple was busy with several other guests until I see the grim reaper and realize he is coming for her.  I don't even know what she had been doing during the visit (the piano maybe) or why she was dying but they didn't know her well enough to beg for her life and now have her grave out back.

She had just kicked out her cheating husband from her home but she had a cat so I went to her lot to see what would happen to it.  She had been sleeping (and still was) but she was now invisible.  I waited a few Sim hours till she woke up on her own and got the message about her dying on another lot.

I have never had a playable actually die and get the reaper on another lot before.  I was very surprised that she hadn't just taken off at some point with the hunger bubble over her head (I'm assuming she starved) or for that matter why she didn't just eat when there was plenty of food out because of all the other guests. 

Anyway...  if I have her brought back via the career reward thing will she be bugged because of the pregnancy?  Will she still be pregnant?
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Resurrecting Pregnant Sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 30, 18:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about the sim being bugged, but, from what I've experienced: pregnant sims are still pregnant if resurrected and usually give birth within an hour of said resurrection.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 30, 20:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I resurected a pregnant sim the other day with no problems...  and with pets.  Mine died because skillinator was driving her too hard and she had an unlucky run of burning her pork chops...  Why she didn't raid the food in her inventory instead of tryiing to cook was beyond me!
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 30, 22:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  I have only resurrected one other pregnant Sim (Cassandra Goth, mysterious choking death) and she never "showed" or delivered even though her needs dropped like she was pregnant the rest of her life.  She also couldn't "try for baby" because I think she was still pseudo-pregnant (now that would be a nasty state to be in!  Cheesy)  That's why I am a bit hesitant about bringing her back.

Not to mention I bulldozed her lot and rebuilt it for another sim.  Unfortunately the new sim gets the irate ex-husband knocking over the trash can.  Apparently no one remembered to tell him his ex was dead.  Undecided

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 31, 06:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes pregnancies can get "stuck"...  Moving the sim to another lot, or using the tombstone of life and death to "speed up my pregnancy" are the two ways I've found to unstick it and get the baby.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: