More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 04:59:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Baby Love and Sibling Rivalry
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Baby Love and Sibling Rivalry  (Read 9745 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Re: Baby Love and Sibling Rivalry
« Reply #25 on: 2006 September 27, 21:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dollhouse is another good way for toddlers and siblings to build rel.  I've done it a few times when the child who wanted a new family member wasn't happy with the new family member taking away his/her "baby of the family" status.  But I have to be in the mood to watch the toddler munching on the dolls before I'll do that!

I don't usually worry about family relations with a toddler until he/she becomes a child, though.  The only ones who really need to have a good realtionship with the baby/toddler are the parents, and usually only one of them is sufficient.

Brothers and sisters get their relationships built up pretty fast after the child transition, if you have them play chess together once or twice.  Then they'll usually start the red hands bit, and by the time they're all teens they're punching each other just like everyone else.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Baby Love and Sibling Rivalry
« Reply #26 on: 2006 September 30, 12:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, gender seems to be the primary factor affecting sibling rivalry. Children will readily accept siblings of the opposite sex, but are jealous of those of the same sex (perhaps they feel their inheritance is jeopardised). I've noticed this with several families, both Maxis-created and self-created. Then again, I'm not very awesome, so I could be completely wrong.

NooB sucking up to those more awesome than myself -->  Kiss
(actually I've been lurking for months, but never registered until today)

Cheers!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: