More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:29:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Suggest Street Names Please.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Suggest Street Names Please.  (Read 14582 times)
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Suggest Street Names Please.
« Reply #25 on: 2006 July 09, 09:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the names of politicians and characters from classic novels - I think one of my neighbourhoods has a "Thatcher Way" in it somewhere. I scare even myself sometimes.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 July 09, 12:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i use the thematic name to..

"large way" ... "short way" .. "Forest Road"
.... "Cimitery Gates" (did that remember something ?  Grin )
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 July 09, 14:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use authors. My current main 'hood has a Heinlein Road, Asimov Boulevard, Tolkien Estates etc.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 July 09, 16:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about the ever popular Sherwood Forest theme? I think it's a law that every American town have at least one Robin Hood Lane  Tongue
 Our downtown has streets named after all the early presidents...

Really? I've never heard of that. I have seen a Louis Lane once, though. There is also an area of town where everything is named after musical instruments and composers. We also have a lot of streets named after states, and generals for some reason.

My favorite, though, is the intersection of Courthouse and Gallows road. I also like Hooker drive and Wasp lane.

Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 July 09, 17:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I donīt have any specifick names ... but I use this site : http://lowchensaustralia.com/names.htm to find names. There is a ton of names for almost anything, and another ton of links to more names.

Rose
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 July 09, 20:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had problems with coming up with good street names too, but after watching how my sims behave, I decided to name my streets after vegetables.

ROFL!  That's great; I love it!

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 July 10, 02:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first saw this post, I was surprised at the simplicity of the request. It sounded like the kind of thing you see on BBS. What's really puzzling to me is, how come a smart person like you, who wants hacks to make the game harder, can't think of names for streets? There's an entire world of names out there. Everything in the world has a name, and each name can be used for something else. It's just really puzzling that a brainy person like you couldn't figure this out for herself.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 July 10, 02:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because sometimes you use your own brain so much it begins to look old. Two brains are better than one. That's why collaboration is a good thing. Grin

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 July 10, 03:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first saw this post, I was surprised at the simplicity of the request. It sounded like the kind of thing you see on BBS. What's really puzzling to me is, how come a smart person like you, who wants hacks to make the game harder, can't think of names for streets? There's an entire world of names out there. Everything in the world has a name, and each name can be used for something else. It's just really puzzling that a brainy person like you couldn't figure this out for herself.
It's called putting everyone together and singing round the campfire Wink
 I use the street names of everyplace I have ever visited and lived. Map collecting come in handy for that very reason

Welcome to the dark side, don't forget your flashlight.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 July 10, 03:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the street names in the town I live in are British.  Like Lords names and such.  I even think there's a Churchill somewhere... Roll Eyes

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 July 10, 04:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well As I see it; I've been playing this game every day since it came out. I've never missed a day. At least an hour of every day is simming. Sometimes Marathon simming lasting nearly a day. I've created over 40 complete hoods. Running 10+ at any time. After a while you start to feel like you have use the best already. That is why I like to ask others and spawn ideas off the community. Personally I feel that is what a extremely smart person such as myself would do.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Stephsim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 July 10, 11:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes when you have played the game lots you struggle to think of names for things.

What I do is take something that interests me and take names and references from that. 
For example I currently have a neighboorhood whose streets are named after some of my fav classic rock albums. 
Maybe you can do something simular with an interest. 

*goes back to lurking* Tongue
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 July 10, 11:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God, all these street names make my neighbourhoods sound so boring. I always name the lot [family name] house/manor/mansion/bungalow/etc.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 July 10, 19:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the street names of everyplace I have ever visited and lived. Map collecting come in handy for that very reason

Oooooo!  My husband has a foot-high stack of maps - I'd forgotten all about them!  He's a map collector (maps of not only places we've been but places we want to go).  Thanks for the kick-start to my brain, Kokopelli.  I need it... a lot.

Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 July 11, 00:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooooo!  My husband has a foot-high stack of maps - I'd forgotten all about them!  He's a map collector (maps of not only places we've been but places we want to go).  Thanks for the kick-start to my brain, Kokopelli.  I need it... a lot.

Your quite welcome Starrling Grin I have so many maps lying in my wreck room, my friends call me Rand Mc Nally!

Welcome to the dark side, don't forget your flashlight.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 July 11, 00:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starrling:

1. Those are excellent links (Thank you!), and I usually have a High Street, too.

2. The similarities between us are starting to freak me out. Get outta my head, woman.

Heh.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 July 11, 01:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* starrling cues up Twilight Zone theme

Maybe we were separated at birth?  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »