More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:25:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Robots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Robots  (Read 19240 times)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Robots
« on: 2006 March 13, 22:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK its true I am obsessed with robots...

Anyway I remember seeing or reading that you would be able to customize your robots (and other stuff I think). Servo has a blurb when you make it that says "no customizations options available". None of the others have it. What does that (aside from the obvious) mean? If you make enough of them does it unlock some option?
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Robots
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 14, 00:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is nothing in the Prima guide that even remotely hints at robots being modifiable.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 14, 09:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The customisation referred to is the fact that you can choose the colour and name of your bot .... Like you were thinking of making R2D2's and C3P0's and Rosie Jetson? Boy! That was optimistic  Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 14, 13:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you choose the colour? It says no customization options available - how do you make it available then?

Actually I was thinking customization along the lines of its personality or something since currently it is simply a clone of its initializer, and yea maybe colour that would be cool.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 14, 14:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you choose the colour? It says no customization options available - how do you make it available then?

Actually I was thinking customization along the lines of its personality or something since currently it is simply a clone of its initializer, and yea maybe colour that would be cool.

That's odd, it works here. Maybe you need a CEP update?

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 14, 14:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what works? What options do you have?
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 14, 14:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you start building any robot EXCEPT servo, you can choose the color.  This is the extent of customization, and that's what they mean by "it works."  Servo can't be customized in any way.  Well, beyond the fact you can (and must) choose a name when you initialize a Servo.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 14, 14:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh ok, I can choose colour for all the other bots. I just thought it odd that it would even bother to say "no customization options available" unless at some point there would be.

Dang I was so hoping for a different colour too.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 14, 14:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday I tried an experiment.  I had already made my sim look human using JM's clothing mod.   Using SimPE, I modified the Skin and Eyes  on my activated bot to something else.  It seemed to work for the head, after I did a change appearance (using JM's mod), but the body stayed the same.  I guess it's a little different from a regular sim.  Someone way more awesome than me will have to figure this one out.  I can't wait though, because I hate the way the robots look.  Typical Maxis style.

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 14, 14:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually really like the look of Servo.  What I don't like is that if you have more than one, they're impossible to tell apart.  The head portraits are particularly bad - you can't tell which Servo a Want applies to unless you read the tooltip.

Obviously customizing them to be like normal Sims is the only real answer, but I don't want my Servos to look like humans.  I suppose a decent custom metallic skin would be an answer.

- Gus

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 14, 14:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did do the age up and down trick with the sim modder from debug. When the robot aged up she had hair, but when I aged her back down she went bald. Whats funny is her formal is the santa dress now. Eventually I want to get to where I can make my robots use the android skin (and be naked I guess so it actually shows) so the baldness isnt an issue at all to me. Then again I am trying to find a way to tell them apart so that may not be the greatest option.

It would be nice to hack servo so that it can look different from each other or something.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 14, 15:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'm pretty sure someone will invent some creative way to change the look of servos. Skin color or even hats would be useful to be able to tell them apart. Personally, I don't care for servo since it's so darn buggy.

Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 14, 16:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the name customisation thing.. I tend to change game speed a lot so I play with my fingers on the 1-3 keys, and so all my robots and whatever the sims make get named "1" or "3" or "13" or something like that :/ It's annoying cause then I can't tell which robot is which.

Ok it's good that we can change the names if we want to, but we should at least have to click on the name before being able to change it.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 14, 16:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont quite understand the point of giving the servo a name when you craft it since you have the option of changing its name when you initilize it. Makes no sense at all.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 14, 16:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont quite understand the point of giving the servo a name when you craft it since you have the option of changing its name when you initilize it. Makes no sense at all.
name when u make it is like the model of the robot, such as servio-3820 v.1.4 or something like that then you can give it a name for that particular robot when you activate it.
its more of a roleplaying thing, not very practical of course.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 14, 16:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The name you gave it when you make it is simply to make it easier to follow track of it if a Sim buy it instead of using it yourself.  For some it is important to know who buy which robot or other stuff.  So let's say you made a few defective robots and want to spot them easily, giving them a specific name will help finding them on the shelf so you could make a specific Sim buy it by showing that perticular item or it can simply be because you want to know who purchase it.  I wonder if Sims can give things they purchase as a gift if they have a dream date, if so, this is a very useful feature.

The name thing applies to any item you make on the benches for the same purpose as mention above.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 14, 18:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually really like the look of Servo.  What I don't like is that if you have more than one, they're impossible to tell apart.  The head portraits are particularly bad - you can't tell which Servo a Want applies to unless you read the tooltip.

Yikes! I like 'em too but I don't plan on having many of them about. One per household max and when I get bored with them  I'll make them get in the nearest hot tub and make out until they explode ... please don't disavow me of the possibility. I have avoided guides like the plague because the game is more lifelike when everything is a surprise  Roll Eyes

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 14, 18:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure it's even possible to kill Servo.  I've had one be all red for all needs - Fun, Social, and Power - and all it needed to do was recharge.  The Cow Plant may be the only way.

- Gus

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 14, 18:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure it's even possible to kill Servo.  I've had one be all red for all needs - Fun, Social, and Power - and all it needed to do was recharge.  The Cow Plant may be the only way.

- Gus

Maybe you can put it in a room without doors and make it take a shower? lol

Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 14, 19:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Prima Guide says Servo can die, but what does the Prima Guide actually know?

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 14, 19:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit I said I didn't wanna know Roll Eyes

me shit
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 14, 21:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One way to tell them apart is to have one female and one male and them dress in their formal outfit.  The female will wear a "gown" with a little pink bow, and the male will wear a sort of butler's jacket.  The female outfit looks ridiculous and was comical for the first 5 minutes.  Now it's just dumb.  I like the male outfit though
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 14, 21:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servo can be killed by anything that can kill normal sims that does not pertain to motive failure. You may be able to smash Servo with a satellite, but I doubt he'll die from anything that requires low motives to kill.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 14, 22:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can servo get sick? He doesn't have any comfort stats, so I don't know what would determine his recovery if he can.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 15, 00:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He can't get sick no. For that matter, unless Maxis ever fixed it, neither can service npcs, even if you move them in.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: