More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:37:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This is more than usually odd
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This is more than usually odd  (Read 13036 times)
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
This is more than usually odd
« on: 2006 March 13, 19:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since I installed University I have not had a female baby born into the game. Extra odd because prior to the advent of University the computer had about a 70%/30% bias in favour of daughters and now the neighbourhood is getting out of whack with no girls. The damn thing is as annoying as ever with its bucking-the-odds twins births (at some 16%) but they are ALL boys.
Of course I'm using CAS tp compensate but what on Gods green Earth is going on here?

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: This is more than usually odd
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 13, 19:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem.  Just save right before the mom gives birth.  If she has a boy, reload and try again for a girl.  Normally I prefer to play what I get but sometimes I manipulate gender and this is how I do it.

Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 13, 19:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure and that is useful but has something crept into my core programming that causes this? I know the laws of probability and realise this may just be randomness at work. (In the core game I went 9 biths and ALL female) Stupid computer! And I spent all that money on it.
Why can't Aspyr gust get ON with releasing b;oody Nightlife?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 13, 19:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm noticing a certain female bias in my game also, but so far it's not so outlandish that it can't be explained by chance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 13, 20:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure JM?
Isn't 15 out of 15 births (and God help me) 3 of those twin births bucking the odds just a tad?

yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 13, 20:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine runs in streaks like that, too, Avie; with the exception of the twins.  Didn't have the first unhacked set until about 2 months ago.  I had a huge run of boys and then tried to have one in a family of all girls, so naturally that one started another streak of girls.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 14, 16:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mm i never really thought about it cause i prefere girls, but i havent had any boys for a while either
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 14, 16:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like boys better because I can think of boy names better.  Grin That and they can be big man-whores and not have consequences. As everytime I try to play a female romance sim, my risky whoohoo mod means she ends up having babies with fuglies, I always make her a nice husband that puts up with the fact she was pregnant when he met her. (Preggo Weddings are great) He usually ends up taking care of all her kids though. Poor thing.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 31, 20:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. A few weeks on and the mac is still at it. XY city! Something is amiss. It is all zits beer and raging hormones in my puter. Bucking the odds? I've run a probability study I'm 86% over the odds (discounting the downright annoying twin thing which I have since heard IS commoner on macs...reason unknown)
Will I ever have a girl again?
HELP

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 31, 20:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try this, make the game have a girl then remove it and see if it will give you girls.
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7747

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 31, 20:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're that desperate, you could always marry the lads off to some townies.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 31, 20:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Runs and hides under the desk! A dreaded global hack. I'm FAR too much of a wuss to use one AND the wretched machine is a mac.
Wraps self in nice downy gauze and hides under uber-computer.

Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 31, 20:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies? Uurgh. They are all eyeball-searingly hideous. I have no wish to breed progeny from the pig-snouted large-nosed and generally foul and disgusting creations of those twisted folk at Maxis,
Get a grip

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 31, 20:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Runs and hides under the desk! A dreaded global hack. I'm FAR too much of a wuss to use one AND the wretched machine is a mac.
Wraps self in nice downy gauze and hides under uber-computer.

Tongue So? I use a mac, I have overloaded this game to the point that it takes a half a hour to boot! The only issue that I have is finding walls and floors that have good texture quality.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 31, 21:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there is a new mod out at modthesims2 that permits you to choose the gender of the baby upon birth.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 31, 21:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHAT? Half an hour to boot? Are you mad? No hack is worth that. This is a PowerMac . If it takes more than 3 minutes to load I worry about it. A 30-minute boot-up time is NOT NORMAL for any mac and surely not worth it.
Retires my flabber totally gasted

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 31, 21:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies? Uurgh. They are all eyeball-searingly hideous. I have no wish to breed progeny from the pig-snouted large-nosed and generally foul and disgusting creations of those twisted folk at Maxis,
Get a grip

What?  You mean you DON'T consider this to be a fine breeding specimen? 

Anyways I can also only suggest to perhaps try reloading upon births.  My game always goes on runs of boys as well, rather than females although not as badly as what you are describing.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 31, 21:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there is a new mod out at modthesims2 that permits you to choose the gender of the baby upon birth.
OOOHHHH
That would make storylines so much easier than the *save*labor*wrong kid*exit*rinse*repeat all day  method I've been using. Do you remember where, or will I have to search when I get home?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 31, 21:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AAARGGGHHHH spare me the sight I beg you
I confess my sins in the sight of Gates
I confess my allegiance to the Anti-Christ Jobs
Pray you spare us

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 31, 21:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHAT? Half an hour to boot? Are you mad? No hack is worth that. This is a PowerMac . If it takes more than 3 minutes to load I worry about it. A 30-minute boot-up time is NOT NORMAL for any mac and surely not worth it.
Retires my flabber totally gasted

*Slaps head* No no! With all the custom content I have, not just hacks, I have lots of hair, clothing and objects!

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 31, 21:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOOHHHH
That would make storylines so much easier than the *save*labor*wrong kid*exit*rinse*repeat all day  method I've been using. Do you remember where, or will I have to search when I get home?

Sorry it was not out at Mod the Sims 2 but at the insimenator.com but Squinge removed it since when the Sims age to child, they reverse to their original gender.  Anyway here is the link in case you want to read all about it and see if he can find a solution:  http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7747  I espacially love the last post made by Bluesoup.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 31, 22:17:47 by MissDoh » Logged
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 31, 21:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have tons of downloads, Genetics. furnitture, hair etc Good God your mac should NEVER slow down THAT badly
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 01, 00:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What?  You mean you DON'T consider this to be a fine breeding specimen?

Too funny.

Avie -- I once had a problem like yours except I was getting all twins. It drove me crazy. I finally fixed it (by accident) when I resurrected one of my sims who had died during pregnancy (just after getting pregnant, I think.) After she was resurrected, she gave birth to twins but all the births after that were normal. I think the game got stuck in twins mode when she died. This was before Nightlife, btw.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 01, 01:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is happening to me, too, except with girls.  Before OFB (or before the patch, not sure), my births always alternated, now I've had 8 girls out of the last 9 babies born, including 3 sets of girl twins.  The only boy was the first of another set of twins (born to Sim me as it happens).  As you can see, I've also had 4 sets of twins in those 9 births.  I have 8 more births to come, only one of them twins, so we'll see what the next 9 babies are. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 April 01, 02:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game after I started a new neighborhood has given me a 12:6 ratio of boys:girls.  The last birth resulted in twins, a boy and a girl.  I had made several CAS females to start my neighborhood off, so maybe that was the cause of my dillema.  I'm hoping that the inbalance will correct itself soon.   Huh

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: