More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:16:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request: Talent Badge training progress bar .... Please? :)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request: Talent Badge training progress bar .... Please? :)  (Read 15934 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Request: Talent Badge training progress bar .... Please? :)
« on: 2006 March 04, 16:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know everyone will LOVE this... so Please? Grin Grin Grin Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Request: Talent Badge training progress bar .... Please? :)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 04, 20:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice, personally on most craftables I'd rather see the bar for the talent badge than the object being created. Robots might be the exception though since some of them take FOREVER to make.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 04, 21:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love a talent badge meter. The guide has listed 1 hour, 24 hours, and 48 hours for the time it takes to receive the badges, but the relevant skill level and personality seem to make a difference as well so those numbers could be wildly different for a Sim with the "wrong" personality type and/or no skills. I'd like to know just how far my Sims have to go before they can make Servos/snapdragons/etc.

Slightly related, does anyone know if thinking caps increase the speed of earning badges?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 05, 00:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Diva made a Servo in quite a short time (she has a gold robotics badge).  It took her a couple of sessions and she did it in one evening.  Now I am stuck with a robot who keeps stuffing himself with food nobody else wants and I have to keep sending him to work-out.  I'd certainly like a progress bar though, I have no idea what level any of mine are on.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 05, 08:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Diva made a Servo in quite a short time (she has a gold robotics badge).  It took her a couple of sessions and she did it in one evening.  Now I am stuck with a robot who keeps stuffing himself with food nobody else wants and I have to keep sending him to work-out.  I'd certainly like a progress bar though, I have no idea what level any of mine are on.

Yea, the servo do chores is getting really annoying now. they kept doing trivial things instead doing their real job, like sell items to the customers etc
oh and their do chores action override the no-autonomous fridge by Inge, which is really annoying.
So NO do chores hack is the next thing i want Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 05, 08:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Robots can eat and become fat?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 05, 09:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. They don't even have to eat, but if they do, they get fat.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 05, 10:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. They don't even have to eat, but if they do, they get fat.
That's kind of....silly. What does a Servo *LOOK* like when fat?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 05, 13:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can also become vampires and zombies or vampire zombies, or so says the prima guide. A vampire servo would be rather difficult to play though as they need sunlight to recharge so you can see the difficulties there.

On one hand, I think it's interesting that we can control the servos and they are the 'oddball sim' type of this expansion pack just like aliens, zombies and vampires were for the ones before it, but on the other they don't function too well as maid/butler etc. Christinalov's npc works a hell of a lot better. Servo doesn't answer the door or the phone, cleans only when he wants and tends to fool around a lot. Plus he does dumb stuff like make Christmas cookies.  Roll Eyes

Their kind of like the nannies without the pissing and all the moaning and complaining, which as far as I am concerned were the only things that made the nannies tolerable.

As a playable sim, servos are an interesting alternative. I currently have one in love with my elderly vampire former lunch lady turned cosmotologist sim lmao so that's one odd couple.

But as far as being a service npc, they um, leave a bit to be desired imo. There should be ways to set what things you want them to do and what you don't. Or at least they should run better. I have to say even though you couldn't control him, the servo in TS1 worked a lot better.

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 05, 18:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can also become vampires and zombies or vampire zombies, or so says the prima guide. A vampire servo would be rather difficult to play though as they need sunlight to recharge so you can see the difficulties there.

On one hand, I think it's interesting that we can control the servos and they are the 'oddball sim' type of this expansion pack just like aliens, zombies and vampires were for the ones before it, but on the other they don't function too well as maid/butler etc. Christinalov's npc works a hell of a lot better. Servo doesn't answer the door or the phone, cleans only when he wants and tends to fool around a lot. Plus he does dumb stuff like make Christmas cookies.  Roll Eyes

Their kind of like the nannies without the pissing and all the moaning and complaining, which as far as I am concerned were the only things that made the nannies tolerable.

As a playable sim, servos are an interesting alternative. I currently have one in love with my elderly vampire former lunch lady turned cosmotologist sim lmao so that's one odd couple.

But as far as being a service npc, they um, leave a bit to be desired imo. There should be ways to set what things you want them to do and what you don't. Or at least they should run better. I have to say even though you couldn't control him, the servo in TS1 worked a lot better.

I agree, they are not good service sims. but then they are really good normal sims, require much less attention than human, very good employees, and godly crafters
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 05, 19:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm my two servos married and woohoo all the damn time. But the can't have babies lol. I TRIED LOL

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 05, 19:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One day servos will cast off their oppression and revolt, killing all humans and rejecting their human given slave names.

Hmm, I think I may have to write a racial drama and put it on the official site.

Uncle Tom Bot and Mammy bot...

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 05, 19:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Shit.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 05, 21:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you need some skills in order to get a badge?  My sims has been arranging flowers forever and she hasn't progressed to bronze yet. I'm wondering why that is

And yes, a progress bar would be awesome!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 05, 21:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need some skills to get a badge, but the skills help to get the badge faster if your associated skill is 10 the time it takes to get the badge will be lessened by half than if your associate skill is 0.

Here are the skills associated with each of the badges:

Cosmotology - Cleaning
Flower Arranging - Creativity
Register - Logic
Restocking - Body
Robotery - Mechanical
Sales - Charisma
Toy Building - Mechanical

If you want a sim to increase their badge it will help to raise the associated skill. Alternately, if you are trying to decide who to assign to a task and none of the available sims have their badges maxed, the one with the highest associated skill will gain a badge level fastest.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 05, 22:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki!

I just got the message that my sims has obtained her first bronze badge and tip about skills making the process faster.  But no mention of what skill

Is it just me, or are they purposely giving you next to no information in ...well I can't call that a manual, and little info in the game in order to "encourage" people to buy the Prima Guide.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 05, 22:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just you. It's a racket (sic?) I tell ya!   Tongue

First we had the game, then the expansions. And the guides used to be 10, then 15 and an e-guide for 10, now the guide is 20 and the e-guide is 13 (yes I know you can get the guide for 14 on Amazon but they aren't shipping for another 4-6 weeks  Shocked), then there's pay sites, and now we get bi monthly 'shopping packs. What's next, a need to get guides for those too?  Roll Eyes

I noticed the packing getting smaller for these games and expansions and the manuals getting ever more pathetic. It used to be that the manual told you the basics that you needed to know and the guide was for more stats if you wanted to get in depth. Now it seems like the guide is all but required. I admit to breaking down and buying the damned thing for this expansion (I didn't for the last two) because I just felt like I was shooting in the dark without it.

It does help but I am a bit peeved that I felt like I had to get it to play the game and that it costs so damned much. Hell, not that I need it, but they didn't even bothered to include the guide for the original game this time around.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 05, 23:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were a new player, I shudder to think how much it would cost you to buy the original game, the 3 expansions, the 3 manuals and the flavor packs.  Ouchie.  I think a license copy of WinXP would be cheaper.

A racket indeed.  It's license to print money!
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 06, 00:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well at least I know I have plenty of company being angry at Maxis for the piss poor lack of guidance that came with the game.
I'm sorry , it's not that I don't have the money for it it's just I'm am trying to save my money for something and buying the game alone was a luxury for me. It wasn't very nice of them to pull this  Angry.

As for the talent badges, I'm surprised they didn't include a progress bar. They do  so for every other skill it's rather odd that they left this one out.

I'm sorry to hear about the Robot, I had rather high hopes for it  Cry. Just what we need, a  robotic nanny that lives with us.....ummm can we kill it?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 06, 01:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need some skills to get a badge, but the skills help to get the badge faster if your associated skill is 10 the time it takes to get the badge will be lessened by half than if your associate skill is 0.

Here are the skills associated with each of the badges:
Well, that's exactly what I thought, but thanks for the confirmation of the obvious and expected.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 06, 06:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry to hear about the Robot, I had rather high hopes for it  Cry. Just what we need, a  robotic nanny that lives with us.....ummm can we kill it?

Direct the robot to take a shower then sit back and watch the results Grin
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 06, 07:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a robot were to go into a hottub and there were other people in it, wouldn't you expect them to get electrocuted, too?

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 06, 08:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

apparently servos don't mind hot tubs, showers, puddles, hand washing, or water baloons, but they don't like pools!
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 06, 08:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hee hee. I'm trying that! Cheesy
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 06, 19:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

apparently servos don't mind hot tubs, showers, puddles, hand washing, or water baloons, but they don't like pools!
i dont know about your servo, but my servo was devasted when he tried using the jacuzzi or bathtub (didnt try shower)

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: