More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:34:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?  (Read 47208 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 25, 02:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I already have nautical themed stuff in my game!  AND it looks much better than that stuff. Wink  Yep, I have pirate simmies living in a 'boat' in Strangetown's Downtown area of Lizard Rock!   Grin

Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 25, 04:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat all I did was a Google search.    There is quite an article on it.

Spore    http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595975p1.html
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 25, 04:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so part of the ad for Family Fun on Snootysims says "redesign your living room with upscale nautical furnishings." WTF? Pirate chic? Nothing can be upscale if it reminds you of Cap'n Spanky's Fish n Chips Hut. That made me laugh.

I'm assuming they're going for Nantucket beach house-nautical as opposed to Pirate-nautical. More prep than pirate. I personally find the style pleasing, but I wouldn't decorate my own house in it. I'm more fond of an island feel when it comes to beach houses. I have a bit of a soft spot for rattan furniture...
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 25, 04:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Marg! yes I would have googled it when I got a chance but today is "one of those days" and I've been busy with half a dozen things *laughs* after posting I totally forgot about even looking for info on Spore so Thank You again!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 25, 04:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember how we all said that the brazilians lied the other time? And it turns out they are correct. They did get the game early.
So could this Swiss thingy be the same?
Nope, they lied then, too, then fabricated evidence to cover it up after the fact when everyone got it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 25, 06:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the picture raye1TS2 has of her holding OFB in her hand is photoshopped then

ISFJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 25, 11:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the picture raye1TS2 has of her holding OFB in her hand is photoshopped then
Absolutely. Who the hell is "raye1TS2", anyway? That's obviously a stupid name, which does little to inspire credibility. Get me a reputable source.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 25, 11:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who the hell is "raye1TS2", anyway? That's obviously a stupid name, which does little to inspire credibility. Get me a reputable source.

I agree.  Unlike raye1TS2's name, vibrateforyou inspires confidence.  Her posts on the OFB prima guide are much more convincing Tongue
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 25, 11:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just 'cause there's a guide doesn't mean there's a game. Prima might just be publishing random books.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 25, 12:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just 'cause there's a guide doesn't mean there's a game. Prima might just be publishing random books.
Plus, if you do an Amazon.co.uk search for OFB, you can see that the Prima guide came out first (though no one will be able to get it for 4-6 weeks)! See below if you can't be bothered to load up Amazon.co.uk.
Quote from: Amazon.co.uk search
The Sims 2: Open for Business Expansion Pack (PC CD)  Platform: Windows XP
Electronic Arts
Video Game - March 3, 2006
PC & Video Games: See all 1 results
 Our Price: £14.99 Coming soon--advance order now!

Sims 2: Open for Business: The Official Strategy Guide ~Prima Temp Authors, Greg Kramer
Prima Games
Paperback - February 24, 2006
Books: See all 179 results
 Our Price: £12.99   Used & New from £11.95 Usually dispatched within 4 to 6 weeks
« Last Edit: 2006 February 25, 13:05:45 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 25, 14:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walmart in Mt.Vernon,Virginia will have OFB on the shelves March 2,2006 .I checked with them andthe electronics manager looked it up and gave me that date as the official release date for OFB in the U.S.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 25, 15:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that advertisement REALLY wants me to buy the Family Pack now.  Also, doesn't it strike anyone else odd that it's in English and not in the language that they speak over there?  Could easily be photoshopped.

There's still hope for an expansion announcement though.  That picture looks like it's on the back of the manual and not the jewel case.  Perhaps they'll put an expansion announcement on OFB's jewel case when it gets released stateside.

I thought it was weird that it was in English, too. It looks ligit to me, though. That picture is one of those little cards they put inside the DVD-ish looking case like the one Nighltife came in. It's the same shape as the card advertising OFB was in the Nightlife case. At least where I live, there are no jewel cases with EP's anymore. I doubt there's going to be an expansion pack anouncement.

Be your own fish.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 25, 15:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this is why Prima Guides have no real validity to them: They're written for nonexistent products.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 25, 15:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

now I know Raye  and she is reliable.  They  should have removed the twins altogether for those crybabies who have to have a fucking twins cheat and wont shut up about it.. punishment!!   geez....Switzerland speaks german and french  and I believe another language  cant think of it now.  NOt sure if german is the main one though

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 25, 15:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat all I did was a Google search.    There is quite an article on it.

Spore    http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595975p1.html

Okay my husband complains enough about how much time I play the sims 2 he would totally flip out if I would add this to my "collection".....but it sure looked very interesting....tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 25, 20:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked with my EB Games.  They're getting the game in this Wednesday, March 1, 2006.

:-P
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 25, 21:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-Order The Sims 2: Open For Business and Get an Exclusive Mascot!

Pre-order The Sims 2 Open For Business and you will receive an exclusive mascot and life-sized sculpture to promote your Sims' shop as the best in the neighborhood! You will receive a special code to access the free mascot in the shipping confirmation email. Only available while supplies last.

Err......how are they exactly going to run out of "supplies" in this particular case? 
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 25, 21:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until they run out of the game.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 25, 21:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BAH! Don't cave in to the family pack! It's just the latest scheme to sell you minimum product for the maximum amount of cash! Don't encourage them!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 25, 22:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

now I know Raye  and she is reliable.
Proves nothing, given that you are a KEWIAN. I point out the COMPLETE LACK OF CORROBORATION by known, reliable sources.

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 25, 22:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snooty Sims posted about the Family Shopping Pack and the Glamour Shopping Pack quite a while back.  http://www.snootysims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17778

I'll only be interested if the shopping packs add new behaviours - not just objects.  There's loads of good quality downloads already floating around for free.  I don't believe in wasting money.

happy now :-)
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 25, 22:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this is why Prima Guides have no real validity to them: They're written for nonexistent products.

Plus the fact that they are written by an outside source and not really helpful by the time the game actually comes out bc things have been known to change...

ISFJ
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 25, 23:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I still want one.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 26, 00:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had a report posted on thesims2 LJ community by someone whose brother-in-law manages a GameStop that his store is taking pre-orders for this Family Fun pack.

I'd be more enthused about the idea if I didn't keep hearing that the Holiday pack was buggy as all getout.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 26, 00:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Proves nothing, given that you are a KEWIAN. I point out the COMPLETE LACK OF CORROBORATION by known, reliable sources.

Maybe that's why it takes so long before you get the EPs. Takes that long to find a source you trust to tell you that the game actually exists.

Unsouper
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: