More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 00:55:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!  (Read 25134 times)
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 04, 17:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had to reinstall, either.  Just dumb luck, I guess.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 04, 17:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's apparently a problem even without the phone hack on lots that were never played when the phone hack was installed with Sims on the phone being teleported to the lot.  I saw it once myself, although the Sim immediately disappeared.  I think the base problem is in the game, not in the phone hack.  I hope Pescado can fix it.

Right. This is actually a pretty old bug and I remember seeing it happen long before the phone hack, this was even before uni. I haven't had it happen for a long time though so I don't know if the phone hack fixed this from happening pre-NL or uni fixed it or what, but I've definitely had it happen before without the phone hack.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 04, 22:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have anybody coming over now when I talk to them on the phone but of course I am calling them because I have the ringer set to off.   thank heaven, I can finally install phones in my house again  but what I really miss it the taxi hack part of it.

Now when you go downtown in your car, you have to take all of the sims or only one.   or if you want to take another member of your family you have to ask them to go on an outing with you. 

I hope JM can make it where that when you get into the car you can choose who to take  with you.    that would be way cool.    Cool
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 04, 23:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi JM I am using the phone hack and have noticed these problems

1.  Ringer can not be set but u can turn it off.

2.  The person whom rang gets telported to the lot.

That is all at the monent I am going to remove the phone hack Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Don't know if this helps track down the problem or not:

I noticed in NL (before any hacks / custom content was installed) that when someone phoned for a group outing to my sim living in Uni or at a downtown lot, the phoner was teleported to my lot and left with my sim in the car.  Don't recall it happening in the home neighborhood. 

Not positive, but I think the person calling was not living in the same neighborhood as my sim. Maybe the sim is teleported if they live in another neighborhood?
« Last Edit: 2005 October 05, 00:39:23 by simmiecal » Logged
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 04, 23:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have anybody coming over now when I talk to them on the phone but of course I am calling them because I have the ringer set to off.   thank heaven, I can finally install phones in my house again  but what I really miss it the taxi hack part of it.

Now when you go downtown in your car, you have to take all of the sims or only one.   or if you want to take another member of your family you have to ask them to go on an outing with you. 

I hope JM can make it where that when you get into the car you can choose who to take  with you.    that would be way cool.    Cool

I believe you can take your choice if you just send them all to sit in the car and then have the driver leave.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 05, 00:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one happens to be in testing right now, the "Car Hack" of all things Car-Related, just like the Phone Hack for phones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 05, 21:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love you J.M.    Kiss    I am so glad that you are working on the car/taxi part of it.   U Rock.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 06, 03:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a few days ago the last "in test" version of the phonehack, and so far it works perfect, receiveing the dialog who is going to drive to the community lots/downtown.

I think it belongs to carpool fix: when a sim drives with the car to the community - sometimes (if he is an elder or teen) he can't enter the car to drive back home, and I have to call a taxi; only after that I saw him driving the car back home - but only when I arrive home.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 October 07, 19:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, JM, for working on getting this updated for us.  I will be so grateful/relieved to have this hack back again in my game!  Smiley

Max
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 October 07, 22:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten the "don't call me so late" messages at normal times still (not using the phone hack yet). I think it varies according to the sim now (vampires and people working night schedules and whatnot don't seem to mind). They never mind if you're asking them on a date (although they can be at work) and will stay as long as the scores are good for dates/outings or anything timed, so you can have them hang around way late if you do it that way.

Speaking of harassing vampires, invite one that you have a good relationship with to a daytime party. They'll truck allllll the way over to your house to tell you they can't attend a party during the day, it's killing them and then walk back home. Don't ask me why they couldn't have thought of that when they took the phone call Wink

Weird sense of humor, but I actually found this rather funny.

Unsouper
NanCalz
« Reply #60 on: 2005 October 10, 06:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or dating for fun and kinky thrills  Smiley

My dates keep rolling up wants to woohoo in the car, even if they're at home.  I figure eventually they'll woohoo the wheels right off the thing.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Smiley

Hook

And speaking of auto action, why in the world do the windows steam up when they make out???  I can understand during a woohoo, but I for one would like the voyeristic pleasure of seeing them make out in the car.. and not get hung up on the gear shift.

The phone is driving me crazy too.  I'm thinking of ripping every phone out by its roots until the NL compatible hack is ready. 
-N-
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 October 11, 14:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who has NEVER had to reinstall the game? Ever?

No...  Grin
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 October 11, 15:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And speaking of auto action, why in the world do the windows steam up when they make out???  I can understand during a woohoo, but I for one would like the voyeristic pleasure of seeing them make out in the car.. and not get hung up on the gear shift.

I agree. And as for the in-car woohoo, we were robbed of a very interesting cinematic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: