More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 23:33:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Don't Talk, EAT! grrrr
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Don't Talk, EAT! grrrr  (Read 22924 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Don't Talk, EAT! grrrr
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 05, 21:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like dusty, I have the headmaster eat alone. You'll lose out on the potential schmooze points for the dinner conversation, but those are easy to make up (if you even need them). The 30-40 points you get for dinner are pretty much essential and if the timer runs out before he finishes, you're SOL.

I actually make everyone eat alone unless their social is also getting low. with 5-8 Sims in a house at a time, it's just too time-consuming to have everyone enjoy a family meal together.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 05, 21:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. Can I ask you a couple of other questions? Do you have the headmaster eat right away, and then house tour, and then schmooze? What works best?

Also, I used to get bonus points for serving espresso, but now the hm won't touch it, which is odd. I know I sound like a clueless rube here, but any help would be appreciated.

ETA: Thank you gynarchy and gillies!
« Last Edit: 2005 October 05, 21:59:12 by Assmitten » Logged

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 05, 21:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally start with the tour (dinner is usually still being made when the headmaster arrives), then immediately after the tour is finished I call him for dinner. If for some reason I didn't get the 90 points for dinner and the tour, then I start schmoozing as soon as he's done eating. I never ever let him wander off on his own because he always chooses things that I can't get him out of, like the hot tub or Myshuno. I have only used espresso once because schmoozing just wasn't doing the trick, so I don't know if that's a bug or what.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 05, 21:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually I give him the tour then get every family member to talk to him, you can usually get 20-30 shmooze points this way. I used to get them to eat together but since installing Nightlife I only let one sim eat with him on the one occassion that called for a headmaster so far, and that was because they needed to eat badly. This generally only gets you 90-95 points but that is enough.

Incidentally I have seen a headmaster eat a full meal and still got zero points for it a couple of times - I don't know why that happened but I suspect someone ate some of the food on the plate he picked when called for dinner, though I have also seen him eat an almost finished plate and give something like 3-5 points, so I am not entirely convinced that this is why it happened.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 07, 12:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she was one of those downtown slob townies who do nothing but walk around in their pjs and fart while sims are dining. 

One of my romance sims fell head over heals for the Red-head Kimberly slob townie.  Blech!   Cheesy  I'm gonna break her slobby little heart when my romance sim dumps her like yesterday's trash.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 07, 17:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy has a new hack at MTS2 called Eat MoreTalk Less:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=94886

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 07, 19:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that, Dog!   Cool  This chatty stuff was driving me nuts too.

Max
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 07, 22:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the headmaster, I usually wait for the dialogue that tells me he is hungry. If I call for dinner before that, he often won't eat and I lose the option to call for dinner again.

Where are the headmistresses?!?

PS Thanks U_Dog_U for the link to the hack. Most welcome!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 October 07, 23:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mind the chatter too much (in my 8 person house, they're all on different schedules so usually only 2-4 of them ate together and it wasn't that bad) until I noticed they lose pts in hunger while they talk... having a meal and getting hungrier? no wonder it's like chinese take out.

And I'm totally infuriated that a food fight is a romantic interaction. The only way to keep that long table stuff from being boring is to add social activities to it and *none* of them work as a "friends and family" thing. Why in the world is throwing food at someone romantic?

Unsouper
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: