More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 22:28:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Teens can't argue with parents?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Teens can't argue with parents?!  (Read 3550 times)
SimGeekChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Teens can't argue with parents?!
« on: 2007 May 18, 22:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the expansions and stuff packs. The first thing I did was to take out all my (few) downloads, and at the time I had no hacks installed.
I was trying to get Lilith Pleasant to run away when I noticed that she was missing most of the actions under the irritate option. She can still argue, gross out, etc Angela and other teens, but the only option available when irritating an adult is throw drink. It's the same with the adults, no options for irritating teens except throw drink. Force error > reset did nothing, and when I checked another house (Broke) I had the same problem. Now I was pretty certain that teens could argue with their parents before (and vice versa), so I uninstalled all but the base game, let it regen the neighborhoods fresh and loaded up. Sure enough, Lilith had the options back to irritate her parents like a good teen should have!

I installed Pets again with just the base game, and bingo, the options disappeared again. Am I the only one with this problem, or is this yet another thing that was broken by Pets?
SimGeekChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Teens can't argue with parents?!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 19, 02:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

curiouser and curiouser: I  just did a complete reinstall of everything up to GLS (no pets or newer) and I have the same problem. Did Maxis decide teens and adults shouldn't irritate each other at some point? Can someone else please tell me if they still have teen/adult irritations?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 19, 05:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arguing between teens and adults works for me in Seasonsp1. I have everything installed.
SimGeekChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 19, 06:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Well, I have no idea how to fix this! I asked on the offical BBS and so far one person has said he has the same problem. It's not a big game breaking thing but it's quite irritating that the game's not working as it should. Any ideas?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 19, 06:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For one it's only there if the relationship is bad enough (one-sided check only). Not sure what the limit is, but it's well below 0 STR IIRC.
SimGeekChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 19, 07:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I know, that's why I checked with just the original game. It was low enough for her to do it then, and after having her father throw a drink in her face she positively hates him! Still nothing.
reese
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 19, 23:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the same issue for as long as I can remember (which would extend to probably Uni or NL). I never knew there were ever options to irritate parents beyond drink-throwing! But if someone could find a way to enable those actions, it would be lots of fun.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: