More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 16:34:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Am I a bad person?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Am I a bad person?  (Read 23910 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Am I a bad person?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 July 29, 16:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Komei is busom buddies with Lilith Pleasant in my game, she brings him home from work almost every day and basically ignores Dirk in favour of Komei.  I am seriously thinking of marrying them off, seeing as she will have 7 days husbandless once Dirk dies.  Komei was also very close to a CAS Sim of mine in the same career, he came home with him a lot as well (as did Lilith).  Komei was VERY upset when this Sim died, he spent hours in his house crying afterwards.  Most unusual for such a grouchy Sim.  I rather like Komei, I will have to do something with him eventually. 
« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 17:10:37 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
taichikitten
Asinine Airhead

Life in Digital

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 July 29, 16:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, I gave in and sent Adrian to college despite my reservations.  And, I used a cheat.  I've been using the college clock to speed up things.  He skills in the rare occasions he needs to, does his term paper, does his assignments, goes to any classes that pop up along the way until the bar is maxed up, energises, and goes straight to his final  In an hour he'd finished 2 years worth of Uni, and gotten engaged to Brandi LeTourneau.  Is that bad?  Should I be slapped down and have lips ripped off?

Are you asking if you should be slapped for fast-forwarding college, or getting your Sim engaged to Brandi LeTourneau?  If college - no.  College is tedious and boring.  If Brandi - yes.  A thousand times, yes.  A more snarky, moody, and simply all-around unpleasant Sim I have yet to see.

My Legacy founder was a fairly good-looking guy, though I specifically made him not perfect.  He mated with Brandi (unfortunately this was before I was familiar with her stellar personality) and not only were both offspring not very attractive, but she has passed on a very annoying pointy chin to all females in the family that I have been desperately trying to get rid of through selective breeding ever since.  Of course... I suppose it didn't help that I mated Brandi's daughter with Orlando Centowki, because now his nose is plaguing the males of the line.  He was such a nice guy though... I couldn't bear to get rid of him.  (And really, I'm not all that concerned about whether my Sims are gorgeous or not, but I just cannot handle that weird chin.  Orlando's nose... yes.  Brandi's chin... no.)

Brandi, however, somehow starved to death in a house with a fully stocked fridge.  Imagine that.... 
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 July 29, 16:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a psychotic aversion to ugly sims.  I use the plastic surgery machine liberally, then make sure the "pretty" genes stick by running the character through sim PE afterwards.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 July 29, 16:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an indifference to ugly sims, but there's also a hierarchy involved. Ugly sims marry aliens (which are immune to ugliness by virtue of their alien natures), or other ugly sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 July 29, 17:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugly sims marry aliens (which are immune to ugliness by virtue of their alien natures), or other ugly sims.
Funny you should say that.  My first alien male was not at all attractive and of all the females available (including those at Uni) he chose the ugliest female Sim of the lot.  Her nose is halfway up her face, almost in her eyes, and he has no nose at all.  Their daughter is a sort of combination of the two and having cloned her and checked her out in BodyShop, she is definitely going to be uglier than her mother was.  Just as well she seems to be on the clever side.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 July 29, 17:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny you should say that.  My first alien male was not at all attractive and of all the females available (including those at Uni) he chose the ugliest female Sim of the lot.  Her nose is halfway up her face, almost in her eyes, and he has no nose at all.  Their daughter is a sort of combination of the two and having cloned her and checked her out in BodyShop, she is definitely going to be uglier than her mother was.  Just as well she seems to be on the clever side.
Yes, but you see, that's the thing: To me, this DOESN'T MATTER because when I encounter an alien as such, I automatically perform a mental gear shift such that human standards of appearance no longer apply. As such, I can no longer evaluate them at all: They are aliens, and I have no expectations of how they should look. If they come out noseless with funny eyes, well, aliens can be like that. If they look like trolls, well, aliens can look like that, too. I have no expectations here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 July 29, 17:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I don't have any expectations, either.  I actually grow very attached to my aliens.  One of my most attractive females came about via a CAS Sim who was pollinated.  Oddly enough, out of the three offspring I made in this family (2 elderly parents, 2 adult males and a female teen), he was the least attractive.  He was a typical 'geek'.  Yet his daughter turned-out very pretty, apart from the huge black eyes; she also has an amazing character.  Unfortunately, she married Alexander Goth's youngest and their child is very peculiar.  He has huge eyes which totally dwarf his face and his DNA says they're alien, yet they aren't all black, just the pupils, which are very small.  His eyes actually look like his grandfather's glasses in his thumbnail picture.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 July 29, 20:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The eyes thing is something that I actually only realized after I replaced the default textures. It only shows up black if the skin is green; otherwise it uses the standard brown. And it pulls it from its own file, not the default file.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 July 30, 21:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have on particular alien sim who has three children, one normally with his non-alien wife, who looks normal, and alien twins he got through getting himself abducted tice on the same night, and even though these twins are three quarters alien, they are quite attractive little sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 01, 00:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, I gave in and sent Adrian to college despite my reservations.  And, I used a cheat.  I've been using the college clock to speed up things.  He skills in the rare occasions he needs to, does his term paper, does his assignments, goes to any classes that pop up along the way until the bar is maxed up, energises, and goes straight to his final  In an hour he'd finished 2 years worth of Uni, and gotten engaged to Brandi LeTourneau.  Is that bad?  Should I be slapped down and have lips ripped off?

Are you asking if you should be slapped for fast-forwarding college, or getting your Sim engaged to Brandi LeTourneau?  If college - no.  College is tedious and boring.  If Brandi - yes.  A thousand times, yes.  A more snarky, moody, and simply all-around unpleasant Sim I have yet to see.

Really?? I've found her to be pretty good, for a knowledge sim.  Brought a fair few family friends along with her (the tally's now fifteen), and it also helped that she already was a friend of the family so she's been getting along with everyone wonderfully.  And she scrubs up pretty well after a makeover.  They've just gotten married and had a son, Ben.

I'm hoping that the nose though skips a generation and (dear god) that he's inherited grandpa Kennedy's schnoz, because, well, Adrian inherited Simone's tiny nose and it just made him look like he'd been hit in the face with a frying pan.  Also waiting to see if when Ben becomes a toddler he develops Vulcanitis and pointy ears like Adrian did.  If so I might cry.

<insert witty comment here>
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 01, 02:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hackage for messing with the Pollination is fairly simple. I can do it, since it's basically a copy and paste operation. Fwiffo has some good packs of better looking PTs on MTS2, and instructions on how to fix 'em up yourself with custom sims, if you really hate the standard aliens. Probably won't want to download my version of that particular hack, because a few of them are even freakier looking than the standard.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 01, 02:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, Brynne, except the kids - I am with you all the way: I hate too Jan Tellerman and Brandi. As I don't have the heart to kill a sim, I always move them in, move them out, and delete them in the trashcan...Smiley. I just can't see the "die process", too brutal...Smiley.

That's what the cowplant is for Gali, those townies do love them some cake.  Yum!  Just put a gate on that cowplant's fence, go look somewhere else on the lot and voila!  A tombstone for your fambly graveyard.  Haven't seen any ghosts from cowplant deaths though... Maybe they just haven't come out yet?  Remember to take the gate away though, or you'll end up paying a fortune to grimmy to resurrect some long lost friends.

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 01, 03:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't seen any ghosts from cowplant deaths though... Maybe they just haven't come out yet?  Remember to take the gate away though, or you'll end up paying a fortune to grimmy to resurrect some long lost friends.
Chris

They do come out though. I had an unfortunate accident in one of my dorms with a very annoying sim. Seems like someone *cough* left the gate unlocked, and he just wandered in before anyone could stop him. I tried to get my sim's attention, really I did, but....well... anyway, he showed up as a ghost a few days later.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 01, 03:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cowplant ghosts are awesome. They run through the feed plant animation, except they don't feed the plant, they just tease it with the food thing.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: