More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 19:45:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  You gotta juggle, before you can eat...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You gotta juggle, before you can eat...  (Read 21175 times)
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
You gotta juggle, before you can eat...
« on: 2005 July 28, 21:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there. I just wantetd a quick and to the topic answer to a weird little occurance I have in one of my houses.

Now, im growing increasingly paranoid about the Big Ball Of Flame Visible From Space that happens to neighbourhoods, so I hope this is not an indicator of sucn things.

Anyways, in one particular family, in one particular house, they cant use the fridge untill they use the option of Juggle. They dont even have to do the actual juggling, just have it queued for 5 seconds, and then they can prepare food out of the fridge. If they dont juggle, there is only one option for food in the fridge, and that is Instant Meal. Now, my sims have 10 in cooking, and I've tried replacing the fridge, to no avail. The food options dissapear sometime during the night, and in the morning, its juggle or starve.

My first thought is, that i should probably vacate the lot asap, and relocate the family to an entirely new lot, and build them a new fancy house, without all those annoyingly sentimental family portraits, and wedding photos from 7 generations......  Cry ( The cow plant is a prominent guest at all wedding photos, as my family has grown quite attached to it.)

Is that right, or might there be a no-move-and-demolition sollution? I have the Fridge refills at midnight hack from Inge, and I used to have the sensible portions of food hack found on MTS2, but i removed the later cause i thought it was the culprit. Aparently that is not the case.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: You gotta juggle, before you can eat...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 28, 21:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you dont have the smart serve hack do you?
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 28, 21:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not anymore, i removed it like i said. I just couldnt remember the right name of it.
sensible portions of food hack found on MTS2

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 28, 21:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm, I think Inge has a stay things shrub or something like that, not sure if that will work on the family portraits though, however I could have swore someone posted a way around that one too.

I assume you have already replaced the fridge?
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 28, 21:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, my sims have 10 in cooking, and I've tried replacing the fridge, to no avail.

That would be a yes.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 28, 21:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to shut up now. My attention span is apparently too short this afternoon. Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 28, 22:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am completely at a loss to explain this bizarre, completely irrelevant behavior. It MIGHT be some variation on the "too many skillpoints to cook" bug, but why juggling does anything baffles me. Does the behavior obstruct Macrotastic Eat as well?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 28, 22:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I shall have to try that. Im running the game in windowed mode, and im nearing a new day for the family, so we shall see.. Give me 5 minutes Smiley

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 28, 22:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I shall have to try that. Im running the game in windowed mode, and im nearing a new day for the family, so we shall see.. Give me 5 minutes Smiley

Oki, I only needed 3. Now, Ive tried the macro Eat, with and without juggling, and it does not work in either case. Ive been using various other macroes with great succes, and, ive changed the test subjects hunger to 25% so he should be plenty hungry.. Still no result. I am going to make som breakfast now, and see if he will macro Eat that....
And hes eating now.. But he wont use the macro, as long as he has to use the fridge to get food. Manually its ok to get food out of the fridge, but not with the macro..

Oh, and i noted the time the fridge goes Juggly. 12 PM.. which is when Inges refill fridge hack should well.. refill the fridge...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 28, 22:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if you use a non-Ingelogical fridge, or Cooking Skill < 10?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 28, 22:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, i can try and remove the hack from my game, seing as how its a global one if i recall it right. And, i got a cooking < 10 candidate lined up, for a before and after test. But, I need around 15 minutes to set it all up. As it only happens once a day with the hack in game...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 28, 22:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, no rush. Most likely you're going to find out by yourself anyway....

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 28, 22:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, im blaming inge hehe, as its the only hack i have that has to do with fridges, and the 12 pm time.. But, its only affecting one house like i said, so that has me stupified.
Ive done a few tests, and they can use the fridge just fine once its been Juggled... Auonomous (yes, they got the luxury of free will, silly me, i know) or, using the macro. Even the one that couldnt before, now can. Apparently the macro only wont work till the first meal has been cooked, then the fridge is working as intended, till 12 pm. Now, i am going to remove the hack, redo the tests, and see what happens. My bet is, they can cook just fine.

And boy was i wrong....

After removing the hack, i waitet till nightfall. As soon as the menu on the fridge changes from Dinner to breakfast, at around 2 am, it goes back to being juggly. So, its something on the lot, and not in inges hack, as its not in my game anymore... Just great. Im leaning towards the burninate the  lot scenario, and simply move the family to another clear lot. Dang, it was a pretty house.

And, before anyone asks the obvious, yes, ive replaced the fridge once more,a fter having removed the hack from Inge. That should have cleared any residues left fromt he global hack. Still no breakfast, till you juggled. Oh, and to the post below this, I think if I were hungry enough, I could learn to juggle pretty fast.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 28, 23:18:27 by cyperangel » Logged

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 28, 23:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but this is hilarious.  I had this picture of all households all over the world (well, ones with fridges anyway) having to juggle before they could eat.  I'd starve for a start, I can't even juggle one ball.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 28, 23:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but this is hilarious.  I had this picture of all households all over the world (well, ones with fridges anyway) having to juggle before they could eat.  I'd starve for a start, I can't even juggle one ball.
Well, of course you can't juggle one ball. In order to qualify as "juggling", you have to be juggling at least one more object than appendages used. Otherwise, what you have is not "juggling", but "holding". Therefore, in order to juggle one ball, you need to use no hands. This basically is a good test for telekinesis.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 28, 23:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, El Presidente.. Ill just go rip of my lips, and save you the trouble, and I presume your wise advice would be to nuke the lot, and make sure nobody ever settles in that part of town again?

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 28, 23:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have to admit that I randomly get the same problem. I haven't tried juggling, my sims just have to eat the instant meal. It happens with various houses, and with with various fridges. It isn't consistent.

I have no fridge hacks whatsoever.

It corrects itself at some point during the game. Because I have just shrugged it off as another maxis glitch and I haven't paid any heed to a pattern of events.

From memory, it only happens with sims who have cooking skill level 10.

I will pay more attention to it in future and see if I notice a pattern.

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 28, 23:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that I have a similar problem if my sims are:

a) not on the lot (ie work/school)
b) asleep on the same floor
c) on a different floor, awake or otherwise (In this case, I have to tell them to physically move to the appropriate floor, then tell them to serve/have meal)
d) occasionally in a different room, on the same floor (telling them to move into the kitchen though seems to bring up the right options though) Huh

The only serve/have option becomes Instant Meal.  Pain in the butt when one wants to queue up actions for them.  I haven't had to have them juggle though.

<insert witty comment here>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 28, 23:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, El Presidente.. Ill just go rip of my lips, and save you the trouble, and I presume your wise advice would be to nuke the lot, and make sure nobody ever settles in that part of town again?
I have no idea why this happens, so cannot offer any real solutions at this time.

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 29, 02:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah Vecki, I think my problems happen during the same times that you have described. Difficult to quantify.

I recall that when I had a sim move in with another sim, the fridge didn't work until the kids (who were also moving in) arrived home from school to their new home.

Suddenly I can sense that JMP or someone else is going to tell to NEVER move a sims into another house IF some of the parties moving are at work or school.

Why do I feel so stressed playing this game now??

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 29, 02:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to agree with you there...
This is simply the most bizzare event I have ever seen in my history of Simming...
Darkstormyeve, and Vecki, have you tried juggling as well?  Undecided
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 29, 02:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duckspeak, do you call yourself this because you can do Donald Duck voices?

I will definitely try juggling next time it happens.

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 29, 02:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could try, but I would sound horrible and everyone will laugh at me and His Awesomeness Pescado will probably rip my lips off.  Grin

'There is a word in Newspeak,' said Syme, 'I don't know whether you know it: duckspeak, to quack like a duck. It is one of those interesting words that have two contradictory meanings. Applied to an opponent, it is abuse, applied to someone you agree with, it is praise.' - Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell

In good terms, it is talking in such a monotone, banal voice that you distort reality, believing only the things you are told.
In bad terms, it means the opposite but duckspeak should be perceived as a more brutish sound, as in like a real duck.

« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 02:28:08 by DuckSpeak » Logged
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 29, 02:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I've not tried juggling, because usually the espresso machine is in the kitchen, and just getting them into the kitchen or even the right floor is enough to bring up the right options.

<insert witty comment here>
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 July 29, 02:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could try, but I would sound horrible and everyone will laugh at me and Pescado will probably rip my lips off.  Grin

'There is a word in Newspeak,' said Syme, 'I don't know whether you know it: duckspeak, to quack like a duck. It is one of those interesting words that have two contradictory meanings. Applied to an opponent, it is abuse, applied to someone you agree with, it is praise.' - Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell

In good terms, it is talking in such a monotone, banal voice that you distort reality, believing only the things you are told.
In bad terms, it means the opposite but duckspeak should be perceived as a more brutish sound, as in like a real duck.

Geez Duckspeak, that truly is odd. And I feel very odd typing the word "Duckspeak".

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: