More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 07:17:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Custom Face Templates reinstall ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Face Templates reinstall ?  (Read 5200 times)
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
Custom Face Templates reinstall ?
« on: 2008 December 12, 17:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstalled my game from a corruption issue. Shocked

Everything is working fine, however, no matter how many times I delete the Thumbnails and cigen packages from my Sims folder, the custom face templates don't generate proper thumbnails in game.  It worked just fine before I had to reformat my hard drive.

However, the templates do work, I just cannot see them. Undecided  Replacement makeup generated thumbnails properly and can be seen in game, just not the face templates. 

Is there something else I can fix to force correct thumbnail generation for the custom face templates? Huh

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Custom Face Templates reinstall ?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 12, 18:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Run game using boolprop, ctrl+right click.

Do this on every thumbnail in CAS. Enjoy.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Selesen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 15, 00:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure you can also just delete the CASThumbnails.package file (Wherever it is on PCs>The Sims 2>Thumbnails), and the thumbnails will regenerate automatically. That includes hair and clothes, though, which can be a pain.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 15, 15:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would rather click on 31 faces, rather than sit through the entire CAS thumbnails regenerating page by page.

Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 15, 15:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure you can also just delete the CASThumbnails.package file (Wherever it is on PCs>The Sims 2>Thumbnails), and the thumbnails will regenerate automatically. That includes hair and clothes, though, which can be a pain.

You can but the OP stated she already did that and it didn't work.

no matter how many times I delete the Thumbnails and cigen packages from my Sims folder, the custom face templates don't generate proper thumbnails in game.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 15, 16:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this as well, but there are too different thumbnail files. The "normal" one and the CASthumbnails.

thatDAMsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 21, 12:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem. I am fairly new at using boolprop and have so far only used it connected to "snapobjectstogrid" and "allow45degreeofrotation". What would one type after entering "boolprop" to fix the face template displays?

Wherever you go, there you are.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 21, 14:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem. I am fairly new at using boolprop and have so far only used it connected to "snapobjectstogrid" and "allow45degreeofrotation". What would one type after entering "boolprop" to fix the face template displays?

If you see someone talking about "boolprop", it's usually in reference to turning on debug mode. To do this, simply enter the code "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". This will unlock a bunch of debugging tools, such as what was mentioned above (refreshing thumbnails). There are a few articles out there, such as those at SnootySims, which can explain what it does. Note that turning it on does NOT break your game as some people rumour - it just tells you when errors occur and asks you what you'd like to do about them. When the code is not on, it does not bring up an error reporting box and instead simply Resets the offending object. Play around with it for a bit in a neighbourhood that you don't care about. It's got some neat features.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 21, 16:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that turning it on does NOT break your game as some people rumour

I've recently got a new one, about "boolprop", I've never heard of before:

I really don't like having to do the boolproptesting cheats thing b/c I heard the more you use it, the more the game moves slow.

From a PM. Just wanted to share, so I don't cry alone.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 22, 22:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this as well, but there are too different thumbnail files. The "normal" one and the CASthumbnails.

I usually delete the entire THUMBNAILS folder.  I just don't know why since reinstalling, the thumbnail deletion doesn't work. But I generated them using your tip and all is well.

Thanks!

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 23, 03:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that some EP has caused certain things to be copied over from the Program Files directory every time you make changes to your neighborhoods (such as swapping neighborhoods, etc.). These include camera settings and Thumbnail/Cache files. So it's possible that when you delete your Thumbnails, the game helpfully copies them over from Program Files directory the next time you start the game. This doesn't matter when the thumbnails you want to update are associated with custom content, but since you want to update EAxis content... crap happens. I have deleted all the Thumbnails and Cache files from the Program Files directory to stop the annoyance, and also replaced all the camera files with my preferred version.

Fail.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 23, 16:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That explains why I had to manually update the thumbnail for Lord Darcy's IKEA Flashing Blue TV fix.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: