More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:31:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Gender-reversed Pleasantview
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gender-reversed Pleasantview  (Read 42467 times)
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Gender-reversed Pleasantview
« Reply #50 on: 2007 January 05, 02:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to ask, where has your time as a pirate been spent?  I play Y!PP, myself.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 January 05, 02:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Site That Must Not Be Named

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
chknflvrdramen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 January 05, 04:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. This... made my day to say the least. Now I see a file up above somewhere, or maybe a link, or maybe it's not even above but in the other thread in Peasantry, I can't recall... anyway, I somewhere noticed a file for townies only/playables only etc. Would the townies only file bring the gender reversed townies to all of my custom neighborhoods, or just Pleasantview? I get sick to death of the same old Pleasantview townies in every neighborhood I play, and have tried making my own or letting the game generate random ones, but this would be the best solution EVER!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 January 05, 05:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. This... made my day to say the least. Now I see a file up above somewhere, or maybe a link, or maybe it's not even above but in the other thread in Peasantry, I can't recall... anyway, I somewhere noticed a file for townies only/playables only etc. Would the townies only file bring the gender reversed townies to all of my custom neighborhoods, or just Pleasantview? I get sick to death of the same old Pleasantview townies in every neighborhood I play, and have tried making my own or letting the game generate random ones, but this would be the best solution EVER!

Well, the single townies files are only sims file like those you create with Body Shop; you may use them to apply their phisical appereance to sims in SimPE surgery. If those files are in Downloads or SavedSims folder  you'll see them in sim bin in CAS or BodyShop.

You can use the whole hood, though, even for new standard townie generation. You need to rename the folder N020 -> N001 (as of the original Pleasantview) and batch-rename all the files inside from N020_ prefix to N001_ etc.
Then move temporarily the original Pleasantview template (N001 folder) located in Programs/EA Games/The Sims 2/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods/ on desktop, or some other safe place, and put your gender-reversed renamed one in its place.
Next neighborhood you'll create will be populated by that gender-reversed townie/NPC by default.

P.S. You are right, posts and files are a bit messed up here and in Peasantry; I'll edit my posts here to clarify a bit.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Feenkitty
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 January 08, 06:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This awesome!  I'm going to try it now.  Thanks!!
chknflvrdramen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 January 18, 18:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow thanks Marhis. Um, one teensy little question left... how do I batch-rename the files?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 January 23, 05:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good question.
There are some programs which can handle batch renaming, I'm sorry I don't know any for Windows, but I'm sure someone else can suggest some.

Anyway, I've upped also a "N001" (original) version, too: http://www.fantasiadomain.com/sims2/pleasantview/reversed/, so you can avoid renaming yourself Smiley.
Notice that the N001 would overwrite the original Pleasantview, so use it only if you want it overwritten, or as a townie template.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 January 23, 06:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the command prompt (cmd.exe)

ren N001*.* N009*.*

for the Nhood folder and all its subdirectories.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 January 23, 18:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cmd prompt scares me. Of course, I'm a big chicken.

I found a program called 'Ant' recently that was a free download and is spiffy nice for doing batch renaming. I've been using it in storytelling, to get the house/lot code part of an image name to be what I want it to be. It works well.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: