More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 11:50:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Locked Wants Disappear
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Locked Wants Disappear  (Read 9456 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Locked Wants Disappear
« on: 2007 October 12, 11:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened a couple of times since I started playing BV.

Sim comes home from vacation and is given an extra want slot. I choose 2 wants and lock them. But then later when the extra want slot disappears and the wants are rerolled, often one of the locked wants is the one that disappears.

The last time it happened, I noticed that the extra want slot was placed on the top row. I chose one want from the top row, and one from the bottom row to lock. But when the extra want slot disappeared, it was the locked want on the bottom row that I lost. Is there any way to stop this? You lock a want because you want to keep it there!

I'm also having some difficulty related to vacation icon fulfillment. After reading various posts, it MAY be related to not saving while on each vacation, although I'm not sure. I'm having difficulty with the 'learn gesture type icons.' Even though a Sim learns a gesture and it appears in his memory, it doesn't always fulfill the matching vacation icon.

And aren't there only 3 new massages that can be learned in the game? Then why do my Sims that have learned all 3 keep rolling up wants to learn them?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Locked Wants Disappear
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 12, 11:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had locked wants disappear too, from losing the vacation extra want slot and also moving from college to the main neighbourhood on graduating. I haven't a clue what is causing it and it is bloody annoying Cheesy The college want glitch has only happened since installing BV btw, it was fine before.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 12, 11:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim comes home from vacation and is given an extra want slot. I choose 2 wants and lock them. But then later when the extra want slot disappears and the wants are rerolled, often one of the locked wants is the one that disappears.
Because in order to "lose" a want slot, what the game DOES is to remove ALL your extra want slots, then re-add them. Therefore, if you has 7 want slots and you lose it when it expires, it will reset your entire want slot count back to 4 briefly, resulting in the truncation of your two "true" want slots. As you might imagine, this is supremely uncool. I recommend avoiding that reward as a result.

In fact, there are really only three rewards you pretty much want to ALWAYS take: The top right 2, and the one the lower left. They're the decay rate bonii and the Romance bonus. You DON'T want the Work Performance bonus because it will actually facestab you, as when it wears off, you immediately LOSE the bonus performance, which, when it happens while you're at work, instantly screws you out of your promotion you rightfully earned from going to work with plat/noodle. The want slot bonus, see above. And "FORGIVING"?!? How the hell is that a *BONUS*? An elephant never forgives!

Oh, and Death to Emmas. Like so. I don't even remember why I hate Emma, but I'm never going to forgive Emma.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 12, 12:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, there are really only three rewards you pretty much want to ALWAYS take: The top right 2, and the one the lower left. They're the decay rate bonii and the Romance bonus. You DON'T want the Work Performance bonus because it will actually facestab you, as when it wears off, you immediately LOSE the bonus performance, which, when it happens while you're at work, instantly screws you out of your promotion you rightfully earned from going to work with plat/noodle. The want slot bonus, see above. And "FORGIVING"?!? How the hell is that a *BONUS*? An elephant never forgives!

I nearly always take the top 3 so I will just drop the want slot one

Oh, and Death to Emmas. Like so. I don't even remember why I hate Emma, but I'm never going to forgive Emma.

All Pescados Suck. I know why I hate you and forgiveness is not an option!. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 12, 12:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Pescados Suck. I know why I hate you and forgiveness is not an option!. Tongue
Yes, yes. Would you like to suggest some names for your future Gooplets? Look on the bright side, at least Goopy isn't a total bastard like Mitten's Komei. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 12, 12:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Depends whether they are girls or boys. I will choose names when they arrive.
Komei is such a horrible sim in my game, so grumpy and mean. Reminds me of someone.....

Xuriel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 12, 12:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so sweet, it's just like one of my family reunions!

*sniff*

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 12, 15:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And "FORGIVING"?!? How the hell is that a *BONUS*? An elephant never forgives!
I'd never pick that one. Most of my sims don't have enemies, because I live in Happy Fuzzy Loving Land. The one who has oodles (Stella), well. The frequent bashings at the public beach are the only reason I've kept her around, despite her uncharacteristic tendencies to try to get pregnant despite the fact that she already has two kids, lives in a tiny beach house, and is a Knowledge sim. The fact that I borked her a bit clearing pregnancy tokens so that she still has the pregnant walk and will waddle up to Enemy #1, Rochelle, before beating her up is more of a bonus.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 12, 15:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And "FORGIVING"?!? How the hell is that a *BONUS*? An elephant never forgives!
I'd never pick that one. Most of my sims don't have enemies, because I live in Happy Fuzzy Loving Land. The one who has oodles (Stella), well. The frequent bashings at the public beach are the only reason I've kept her around, despite her uncharacteristic tendencies to try to get pregnant despite the fact that she already has two kids, lives in a tiny beach house, and is a Knowledge sim. The fact that I borked her a bit clearing pregnancy tokens so that she still has the pregnant walk and will waddle up to Enemy #1, Rochelle, before beating her up is more of a bonus.

The forgiving "bonus" always was unattractive.  If I want sims to get along, I work it that way.  If they start being more forgiving, what's the point of the moar fight hacks?  For example, my playable YAs tend to "check out" various potential mates and if two of the "options" happen to be in the same dorm, there is a certain tension created (this is all at my instigation - no ACR...yet).  I now have lots of unrequited love triangles, pentangles, and one octangle, and in some dorms in the uni, the dormies only take breaks from moar fight to eat, shower, and go to class.  Cabaret.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 12, 16:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, if you want moar fight, do add ACR and play your dorms with love triangles/pentangles/etc. If you throw in nodormiprotect, you can have great fight/pass out from exhaustion/fight when you wake up cycles. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 12, 19:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So are you guys using 'Moar Fight' then? I still can't download it even though I don't have any problems downloading the other package files.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 12, 19:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So are you guys using 'Moar Fight' then? I still can't download it even though I don't have any problems downloading the other package files.

Sorry, should clarify.  I use the term moar fight generically.  I have hacks like thefightclub, and other hacks that improve the odds of getting autonomous fights.  Not sure if I have the actual "moar fight" hack - not at my game computer at the moment.  Anyhow, I have enough fights for now - I need some good relationships to continue the genetic lines.  Still, ACR sounds like a good idea for added interest/misery.

[edited to get rid of incomprehensible nonsense]

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 12, 19:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto -- I just use the fightclub and enemiesaccumulate hacks, not the moarfight hack.   Combined with ACR, and with a recent lack of culling out dormies so that the same ones have been around for a while, and jealousy fights break out all over my dorms. Smiley  I've lost count of how many times I've heard a distant 'boing' sound while playing my sim in a dorm as another dormie romance crashes and burns.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 12, 20:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto -- I just use the fightclub and enemiesaccumulate hacks, not the moarfight hack.   Combined with ACR, and with a recent lack of culling out dormies so that the same ones have been around for a while, and jealousy fights break out all over my dorms. Smiley  I've lost count of how many times I've heard a distant 'boing' sound while playing my sim in a dorm as another dormie romance crashes and burns.

Haha! That's how I play mine, isn't it fun? Cheesy

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 12, 20:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha! That's how I play mine, isn't it fun? Cheesy

Yeah, I was worried for a bit that this might make it very difficult to set up engagements/mating for the playables, but then realized that I was personally far more damaging to any existing sim romances than ACR would likely be.  I have downloaded and will run.  Presumeably it works best if one exchanges the single beds in the dorms and installs doubles?  The again, there are other "possibilities" with ACR.  This should be fun.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 12, 20:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I have done is made an extra 4x4 room with a normal non-dorm door and stuck a double bed in it. Easier. Wink

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 12, 22:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I have done is made an extra 4x4 room with a normal non-dorm door and stuck a double bed in it. Easier. Wink

Yea, that works, and I've also just added a photo booth to every dorm. Takes up less space, and sims don't try to sleep in it. Smiley  I also tried hot tubs, but ended up with dormies practically living in them, so I took them out. Since without the kitten killer the YAs can't get pregnant, it doesn't really matter what they woohoo in, though, and a couch works just fine if there's no one else in the room.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 13, 07:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, the photo booth is a good idea too, never thought to add them to my dorms. I have them in all my community lots and in my greek house though. I took out no uni protect so my dormies don't ever try to sleep in the bed-just the stupid llama mascot Cheesy

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 13, 08:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having difficulty with the 'learn gesture type icons.' Even though a Sim learns a gesture and it appears in his memory, it doesn't always fulfill the matching vacation icon.

If I'm not very mistaken, the memento is triggered when you use the gestures towards someone after having learned it. I've seen this not only with gestures, but with the hula as well. Which makes even sense, because the corresponding want is "[Learning (whatever)]", whereas the memento says "[Doing (whatever)]".

As for the massages: Yes, there are only three, one per destination. Are you sure your sim doesn't just want to get a massage? Mine want that all the time.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 13, 08:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, mine get that at home Cheesy

[edit] I was going to say, the 'learn' icon for stuff has the darker blue border around it and the 'do' stuff icon has no border.

LadyArgonna
Blathering Buffoon

Hello, Funny Farm? One's incoming...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 13, 08:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note, has anyone had their locked want slots roll when the rest of them refresh? I'm talking about normal everyday refreshes, like waking up, when a want is fulfilled, etc. They usually roll back to what they were showing in the first place, and the lock appears magically back in place, but a few times it hasn't and the want disapears, unfulfilled. It was only a big thing in my Legacy house, where fearless leader Matt came thisclose to going from 1st red aspiration all the way to platinum when his son was born, but when he woke up to go watch said son's birth, the want slot, which I know I locked, rolled and became "Eat cereal". A 8000 pt traded in for a measly 500 pt. Grrr.

RIP The Duncan Legacy
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 13, 09:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. Happens all the time to me. It still remains locked though. It reminds me of the time when the wants would roll every hour, on the hour.

KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 13, 10:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does ARC do and what is it?

Sounds like it makes dormies WooHoo with each other?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 13, 10:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arc builds circle.

ACR lets sims decide for themselves when & who to fuck.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 13, 14:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR = Autonomous Casual Romance, a rather brilliant game mod by TwoJeffs, formerly of here, now at the inteen site.  It's a great addition to the game, but do read the documentation first before you put it in so you understand exactly how it works. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: