More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 09:34:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  BV Photo Album problems - Another EA glitch?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV Photo Album problems - Another EA glitch?  (Read 2271 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
BV Photo Album problems - Another EA glitch?
« on: 2007 October 18, 22:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a family go on vacation, came home, and ordered a photo album. The album worked fine whenever they used it.

I then took them on a 2nd vacation. I could not find a way to add photos to the album that I already had. If I ordered photos, they would arrive being the same type of photos that you get from a photo booth. I could set them on a table or hang them on the wall, but I couldn't add them to the album.

So I went back and tried again, this time ordering an album after choosing the pics from vacation #2. The delivery Sim brought an album the same way he did the first time. So I thought to myself, this is stupid, having to buy a whole new album each vacation, but I set the album next to the other one on the coffee table anyway.

Only now, neither album would work. Whenever a Sim is directed to view the album, they pick it up, their fun goes to max instantly (even when I lowered it to red) and then they put the album back down.

Finally, I disposed of one of the albums. The remaining album again works as intended. I did several experiments after that, choosing different pics, different albums, etc. to make sure it wasn't just that one album that was broken.

It boils down to the album works correctly ONLY if it is the only one on the lot.

So is this an EA bug feature or does it just happen to me?

Is there a way to ADD photos to a pre-existing album? As it is, each time I come back from vacation, I have to sell the album I have, and reorder all the prints from previous vacations as well as any new shots that I got from the last vacation so that all the prints actually show up in the album.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: BV Photo Album problems - Another EA glitch?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 19, 06:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it is, each time I come back from vacation, I have to sell the album I have, and reorder all the prints from previous vacations as well as any new shots that I got from the last vacation so that all the prints actually show up in the album.

I think this is the only way to do it. It is what I do anyway, I don't want dozens of books cluttering up the house.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: BV Photo Album problems - Another EA glitch?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 20, 07:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to ADD photos to a pre-existing album? As it is, each time I come back from vacation, I have to sell the album I have, and reorder all the prints from previous vacations as well as any new shots that I got from the last vacation so that all the prints actually show up in the album.

IIRC, the picture pool shows up when a sim views an album and you click on the open pages. There, you have access to vacation photos as well as to the "normal" pics, just like in storytelling mode, and you should be able to add photos from there. Downside: As soon as the picture pool opens, any previously written stories are gone, no matter if you change anything or not. After loosing a complete bachelorette challenge through that, I tried again with a new family and a test story to make sure it was, indeed, the album. Ordered album - story still intact. Viewed album - story still intact. Clicked on the open pages - *poof* story gone. Nice  Angry. I've taken to order an album just to get the vacation memento and delete it right after delivery.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: