More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 22:55:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Romantic greetings and departures between friends? This cant end well...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Romantic greetings and departures between friends? This cant end well...  (Read 6634 times)
OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Romantic greetings and departures between friends? This cant end well...
« on: 2008 October 13, 20:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So my sim greeted some one she invited over thats fine.... except they where 100/70 BFF status with no history of romantic relation with him and she greets him with the smooch interaction and now has a kissed sim for first time memory...... now it happened again with the same thing happening with a diff sim who is 70/34 with the sim who was leaving.

Here is some info abou the two sims incase it helps (im not sure a bout the visiting sim as they are townies/npc types)

Case 1) My sim is shy but high nice and playful. Knowledge with Family secondary. Full 100/100 love with another sim (its gonna become a disaster if this thing kicks in when her soon to be husband is around once she gets outa college)
Case 2) My sim is very shy (2 points in shy/outgoing) Knowledge with Romance secondary. the other sim was the good mascot but I'm not sure offhand what his specifics are.

In both cases I believe there was level 1 or more chem between the sims. If I select "say goodbye to" in case 2 (the only one i can reproduce since it was saved a few game-hours before it happened with the autonomous low-motive induced leave) they romantic kiss regardless if i have any hacks in or not...

At this rate my sims will have their relations turned into giant fireballs visible from space from kissing casual friends on greeting =(
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Romantic greetings and departures between friends? This cant end well...
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 13, 21:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that's an issue that annoyed me since the beginning (it started in Nightlife maybe?). Squinge solved with a Less Romantic Greets & Goodbyes hack, now still outdated.
You can try a rough update I made for myself in BV - quite sure it needs updating too, but probably it may crush at least the most part...
Beware, this crap is HIGHLY NON-AWESOME and I myself keep it in Quarantine folder, as I still didn't have the time/will to look seriously in it.

* MarhisMod-LessRomanticGreet&GoodBye-BV.package (2.63 KB - downloaded 167 times.)

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 14, 05:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If sims have 3 LB (high chemistry) with each other, this is how they greet and say goodbye; or at least how they sometimes do it.  I had a sim "Ask to leave" on a sim she hadn't even met (her son had greeted him as a walkby) and they did the whole romantic kissing thing.  She got memories of "met sim" and "kissed sim for first time" both from the same interaction!  lol  I noticed in her rel pannel that she had 3 LB with him.

Anyway, I quit without saving and had the teen son ask to leave instead.  But this sort of thing can happen to sims who live alone, where having someone else greet/goodbye is not an option.  In my expirence, these stupid interactions don't (usually) produce crush/love, even btwn friends with 70 or higher longterm, but I did have crush/love happen once from kiss greeting.

As my brother said, "Sims should not be allowed to autonomusly stick thier tounges down each other's throats!"

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 14, 06:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my expirence, these stupid interactions don't (usually) produce crush/love, even btwn friends with 70 or higher longterm, but I did have crush/love happen once from kiss greeting.
Thank goodness! My one sim had a relationship with one man who she fought with and broke up with. She's now married but the first guy is constantly showing up at her restaurant, where she's also the hostess. It's so annoying seeing her kiss him and then proceed to glower at him afterwards. They were a 2-bolter.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 14, 09:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all thanks for the link Marhis, its working great so far and no noticible messups (although i really should stop having house parties where a romance sim and 3 of her non-romance lovers are all in the same room..... eh well, they needed a little drama in thier lives any way, i spoil my sims way too much lol but hey, at least it wasnt caused by greetings/goodbyes!)

as far as the 3 bolt chem theory i've had it happen in the past with no bolts... just high relations but no history of romance between'em o.O sims seem too eager to get busy with one another.....thankfully woohoo isnt autonomous normally or we'd all be doomed with how sims are apparently telepathic when they are on the same lot x.X

Wouldn't be so bad if autonomous romance options were limited to sims who were currently on a date, in love (not just crush), engaged, or married since in those cases it would actually make sense.....eh well, expecting even the slightest bit of thought would be expecting too much from EAxis though i guess =/
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 14, 11:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank goodness! My one sim had a relationship with one man who she fought with and broke up with. She's now married but the first guy is constantly showing up at her restaurant, where she's also the hostess. It's so annoying seeing her kiss him and then proceed to glower at him afterwards. They were a 2-bolter.

Oh one of those - can't live with him, can't live without him.  I had a couple like that: him a romance sim with a string of affairs behind him, she loathed and hated him, fought him and divorced him and then started rolling wants to get back involved with him.  He only had to turn on the charm and she was all aflutter.  Silly trollope.  I married her to Kennedy Cox instead.  Still, the wedding was fun, what with all the fights.

as far as the 3 bolt chem theory i've had it happen in the past with no bolts... just high relations but no history of romance between'em o.O sims seem too eager to get busy with one another.....thankfully woohoo isnt autonomous normally or we'd all be doomed with how sims are apparently telepathic when they are on the same lot

Oh wait .... ACR?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 14, 15:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh one of those - can't live with him, can't live without him.  I had a couple like that: him a romance sim with a string of affairs behind him, she loathed and hated him, fought him and divorced him and then started rolling wants to get back involved with him.  He only had to turn on the charm and she was all aflutter.  Silly trollope.  I married her to Kennedy Cox instead.  Still, the wedding was fun, what with all the fights.
Yes, but he's a stalker (and a creepy one, unlike her one super-needy friend, Dick). She should be scared of him or want to beat his ass.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 14, 15:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens when the sims in question have two bolts or more.  What's annoying is that when teens do it they'll get the First Kiss memory too.  So you've just wasted that special moment between two high school sweethearts on a fugly townie they bought home from school.

This has gotten crazier with AL.  What with all the "Greet" interactions happening on the community lots.  If they have bolts they'll greet with a Smooch instead of the usual handshake.  In my Pleasantview Don Lothario got snogged by four different women while out on a date.  And none of them were his date.  Tongue
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 14, 15:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the telepathy-on-the-lot thing a big issue?  I have sims who pretty much tongue wrestle every time they meet, but the greeting "grope" does not seem to cause jealousy reactions in spouses.  It's only if there is a follow up ACR type action that slappage occurs (or such has been my experience).  

Tribulatio proxima est
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 14, 15:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims generally have to be in the same room to catch a kiss or flirt to react with the slappage.  Woohoo seems to be the only thing that triggers lot wide telepathy.

Greeting gropes aren't romantic.  In at least they don't cause crushes/fall in love.  Or cause jealous reactions.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 14, 16:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't be so bad if autonomous romance options were limited to sims who were currently on a date, in love (not just crush), engaged, or married since in those cases it would actually make sense
Yeah, that would actually make sense.  Undecided

OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 14, 17:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens when the sims in question have two bolts or more.  What's annoying is that when teens do it they'll get the First Kiss memory too.  So you've just wasted that special moment between two high school sweethearts on a fugly townie they bought home from school.

This has gotten crazier with AL.  What with all the "Greet" interactions happening on the community lots.  If they have bolts they'll greet with a Smooch instead of the usual handshake.  In my Pleasantview Don Lothario got snogged by four different women while out on a date.  And none of them were his date.  Tongue

Yeah that drives me nuts how slow dance always ends with a small peck which will trigger first kiss memory..... also how other sims who already had first kis will autonomously initiate make out or some one who hasnt..... usually isnt a biggie if i planned for them to any way but i like using 'first kiss' interaction specifically when it applies (with the exception of non-playables since you obviously cant initiate it on their end without shift+click - make selectible or some varien thereof)

As far as Don Lothario goes...... yeah i've had things like that happen, its why i rarely let my sims go auto-pilot on dates if it matters at all that they get a high score, they usually mess things up. Once i get them up to dream date i let'em go on their own while i tend to other sims though.... figure at that point if they screw it up they diverse it >=D

Sims generally have to be in the same room to catch a kiss or flirt to react with the slappage.  Woohoo seems to be the only thing that triggers lot wide telepathy.

Greeting gropes aren't romantic.  In at least they don't cause crushes/fall in love.  Or cause jealous reactions.

Yeah, I'm not sure if they can see through archways though.... I know they cant see through windows. Had those giant clear windows in and on one side a guy was gettin all flirty with the maid and on the other his wife was totally oblivious to the fact anything was going on (to make it even funnier she was actually doing the 'see rain' interaction looking out the window and didnt notice a thing! I so wish i remembered to take a screen cap of it, it looked like she was being all voyeuristic enjoying watching him make out with the maid >=D )

Its odd that smooching on greet doesnt cause jealousy... I did have one sim get a 'had affair with' memory from it o.O it wasn't a big deal though since it didn't go any where and they didn't get caught but i'm pretty sure if it generates the memory it'll generate jealousy still not sure what causes it to some times cause it and not...... regardless romantic greetings and goodbyes seem to be greatly reduced now thanks to the little patch earlier in this thread Smiley Only noticing it with sims who have love or engaged/married (although considering i had 8 sims visiting with another 8 on lot to begin with it was a bit hard to keep track of them all....surprisingly my computer only got a 1 second lag every 30 or so, thought for sure my comp would go BFBVFS over it esp with max everything but graphics detail on medium o.O)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 14, 17:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, yes. Now you've reminded me of how much this needs to DIAF. Will be patched out in next Romance Mod. I remember how pervasive this was, but I think I've found a low-level killpoint for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 14, 17:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will be patched out in next Romance Mod.
Yay!    Cool

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 14, 18:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fan-fucking-tastic. Now Alani can go back to glowering at creepy stalker ex only, as is proper.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 14, 22:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And for those following this thread instead of avidly watching the hack directory update thread like i've been.... romance mod is updated now! Let the power of awesome reign supreme!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: