More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 18:01:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim can't interact with his wife
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim can't interact with his wife  (Read 3604 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Sim can't interact with his wife
« on: 2007 July 04, 06:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a little bit of a problem here.  I've got one sim who can't interact with his wife, every time he tries it just drops from the queue.  She can interact with him with no problems, and they can both interact with other sims with no problems.

I've forced errors (reset), I've explored the options on the lot debugger and nothing is helping.  Ideas?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Sim can't interact with his wife
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 04, 06:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When this happened to me (also with the wife of the family), I had to move her out and back into the lot (using the familyFunds cheat to avoid adding that extra 20K to their net worth). Before that, I'd tried resetting her with the lot debugger, doing the delete-sim/save/exit/re-enter routine, and none of it worked. Only after moving her out and back in did things return to normal.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 04, 06:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, I will try that.  Just to be clear, you moved out the one that can't interact, not the one that can?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 04, 06:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but now that I think about it, I had to also move out another sim with her (the servo, I believe), because the moveout interaction would drop from her queue. Doh! I forgot about that! Not much help if there are only two sims living there.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 04, 06:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved their toddler son out with them just because I didn't want to mess up their order in the neighbourhood screen list thingy.

Bugger!  it didn't work!

Did you move the sim back in via merge households, or invite them over and propose - move in?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 04, 07:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to worry about messing up the neighborhood order. The Lot Debugger, IIRC, currently includes an option, possibly in debug mode, to push the currently selected sim to the end of the list. I'm sure you can figure out how to use this to sort anyone to any order you choose. Also, death to all hairy-bellied Nesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 04, 10:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which option is that exactly?  The only one I've seen that I can't figure out is the frobnication thing.  I haven't been game to try it without any idea of what it does.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 06, 08:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To answer your question, I moved the wife and servo back onto the lot by merging households from the Family Bin (after cheating them down to §0 in family funds). It worked, for some unknown reason, and the wife was fine after that. To clarify: I had to have the servo move out and bring the wife of the family with him, because trying to have her perform the move-out interaction caused it to drop from her queue. Perhaps it didn't work for you because the moving-out sim must be an adult?

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 06, 09:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got the problem fixed!

It was the husband that couldn't interact - I'd tried various combinations of him moving out alone, with another sim, with another sim doing the moving out, I'd moved him back via merging families at the neighbourhood screen, I'd had his wife propose move in...  Nothing worked!

In the end, I got another adult sim to move out and this time took the wife.  When I merged the families together again the problem was gone.

I guess it turns out the the queue dropping problem was related to the sim he was trying to interact with, not the sim himself.

Thanks for your help, NVA.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: