More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 06:24:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Broken appliances and plumbing problem.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Broken appliances and plumbing problem.  (Read 2535 times)
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Broken appliances and plumbing problem.
« on: 2008 December 27, 01:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a residential lot that I've played for a few generations. When I entered the lot again recently, every single appliance and plumbing object that can be broken repeatedly breaks. every time they're used. It doesn't seem to matter what age the sim is that uses the objects and it doesn't matter if I direct a sim to repair the object or I force an error to fix it, they still break after each use.

I'm not sure if the lot is borked and if I should move the family back out and in again or move them out and bulldoze the lot ( both scenarios I would rather avoid if I can) or if there is some other solution. I've never run into this problem before and after doing a search, I can't find anything similar or anyone else that has had a similar problem either it seems.

I haven't D/L'd anything new recently. I have all EP's and SP's, all awesomeware hacks are up to date and I'm reasonably sure non awesome hacks are as well.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Broken appliances and plumbing problem.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 27, 01:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't happen to be fiddling in debug mode and accidently click on the 'break inducer' ?  Try enabling debug and see if the 'break suppressor' shows up. If it does, click on that and see if it fixes said problems. Just a hunch.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Broken appliances and plumbing problem. - SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 27, 02:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always play in debug mode, but I have no idea where the break inducer is. I don't remember clicking anything unusual, but just in case I did, how did I do it and what do I click to fix it?

ETA: I found the option on the mail box by shift-clicking.

I was fiddling with the mailbox as I recall, because the sims on the lot were having trouble with macro pay bills option. I did indeed accidentally click on the break inducer! Thanks very much for the heads up purplehaze.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 27, 02:27:06 by aussieone » Logged

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: