More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 14:44:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Picture Imperfect - Solved, thanks!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Picture Imperfect - Solved, thanks!  (Read 2803 times)
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
Picture Imperfect - Solved, thanks!
« on: 2007 April 17, 21:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this one has me stumped.

Up until a few days ago, I had available to me many recolors of the Lady in Red, Bella Squared, and other paintings. At some point - time specifically unknown - all EA/Maxian paintings became 'undesignable', with recolors unavailable. (No, I did not delete them. In fact, I added a few to test further.)

All other items recolor just fine - I tested Mr. Generic's Sign,  the Country Comfort Corner Table, and the Majestically Medieval Double Bed, as I KNEW I had recolors for those. I also noticed that wall hangings that are NOT pictures were recolorable (Seasons pans, masks, etc.).

So it's just paintings.

I deleted ALL content downloaded since April 8 (when I last recall having a recolorable Bella)...and did a complete reboot....no change. I looked in SimPE for any clues, but I guess I don't know enough/there aren't any. There are no error logs suggesting there are any problems. I can't seem to force any errors on the objects...they are simply nondesignable.

ANY ideas?

« Last Edit: 2007 April 18, 00:12:54 by Hecubus » Logged

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Picture Imperfect
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 17, 22:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried reinstalling CEP?

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 17, 23:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you recently removed TwoJeffs' old visitor controller that used the Lady in Red paintings? Could that have upset anything? (Wild shot).

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 17, 23:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch...I did! I followed his instructions to remove, load, close, and add....I think I'll try that sequence again....stay tuned.

ETA: Just did the sequence again...no change. I THINK this started before twjeff's new controller; I believe I had noticed that the original painting wasn't working right and decided to ban kids so I could use a particular painting.

ETA after reloading the new CEP (seemed like a longshot at the time...but what the hell, I'll try anything): It worked. I don't know why a reload would work, but it worked.

Thanks, all.

Still wish I knew what caused it though.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 18, 00:12:26 by Hecubus » Logged

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Picture Imperfect - Solved, thanks!
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 19, 01:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured that if your CEP install somehow got corrupted, certain recolor options disappearing would be a likely indication. :shrug: Glad it worked, whatever went wrong.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: