More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 22:45:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  More Pets errors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Pets errors  (Read 6467 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
More Pets errors
« on: 2006 October 19, 00:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting "relationship decay errors" approximately every Sim hour.  See attached error log.  Any ideas?

Also, the dog apparently wants to sleep on the sofa even though there is a perfectly good pet bed in the same room.  I get dozens of these "Motive number out of range" errors, and only deleting the dog seems to stop them.

On the bright side, the interactions between toddlers and pets are awfully cute.  I actually wish we could zoom in even closer.

Karen

[attachment deleted by admin]
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Re: More Pets errors
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 19, 03:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the Sleeping and Napping on Community Lots hack of mine from http://www.djssims.com/, that will cause the motive number out of range error from the sofa. The filename is djssleeponcommunitylots.package.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 19, 03:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the bright side, the interactions between toddlers and pets are awfully cute.  I actually wish we could zoom in even closer.

Have you tried Gunmod's camera mod?  You can zoom in really close with that -- much closer than the maxis default.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97642

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 19, 04:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend modding you camera settings yourself, although I would be happy to provide a copy of mine, its also on my site if you want it. Once you mod up your camera settings I suggest setting the file to read only as occasionally for whatever reason the game resets it, at least in mine. I left my camera settings in and Pets didnt complain and it still works great.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 19, 05:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the Sleeping and Napping on Community Lots hack of mine from http://www.djssims.com/, that will cause the motive number out of range error from the sofa. The filename is djssleeponcommunitylots.package.

That's probably it.  Thanks for the tip.

Karen
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 19, 09:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why people are taken by surprise when old hacks upset a new EP.  I don't know why people are even installing a new EP with old or non-newEP-ready hacks in.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 19, 09:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell me about it. I ripped out all my cc before installing. You think after 2 years of the sims somepeople would realize that.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
fourohfourerror
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 19, 09:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't have a phone because otherwise EVERYONE in Pleasantview will start calling my sim and yelling at her about how they need to hang out more, even though she's only met 2 or 3 people.  I completely un-installed, and re-installed the base game and UNI, NL, OFB and then Pets, and have zero cc or hacks in my game.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 19, 09:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too.  At least take them out to install, and then play the game to make sure that's all set, before you put them back in to see what explodes.

Pescado either updated  or cleared the phone hack- you can find it in the Pets directory.  That and the daily gardener were the first ones to go back in my game once he said it was a go. 

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 19, 12:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why people are taken by surprise when old hacks upset a new EP.  I don't know why people are even installing a new EP with old or non-newEP-ready hacks in.

Like yourself & lindaetterlee, I completely remove all CC and any hacks before attempting to install anything, I was burned once but never again.  It's a pain, but at least I can cull my downloads that way and only re-install stuff I actually use.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 21, 17:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried Gunmod's camera mod?  You can zoom in really close with that -- much closer than the maxis default.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97642

Thanks a lot for this tip!  I have been playing with it the last day or so and it makes a huge difference.

Karen
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 21, 22:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the relationship decay error too, and not the hack.
And I haven't got any strays now.
And how is the collar supposed to work? The sim bought it, but there is no option to put it on, and it is not in the inventory. Another dumb question, I suppose.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 21, 22:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the mirror to change pet appearance.

Collars are accessories like glasses.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 21, 23:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the relationship decay error too, and not the hack.

If you have enemiesaccumulate in your downloads folder, take it out.  I believe it's causing the relationship decay errors.

Karen
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 21, 23:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I took it out. And visitorenabled mirror stopped the pets interaction with the mirror. That's why I could not get the prompt even with a Maxis mirror.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 22, 00:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have enemiesaccumulate in your downloads folder, take it out.  I believe it's causing the relationship decay errors.
Get the updated Director's Cut version, that should be working fine. It is in my game, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: