More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 15:56:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Almost entire family burned to death, including child - why?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Almost entire family burned to death, including child - why?  (Read 14623 times)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Almost entire family burned to death, including child - why?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 May 15, 22:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she had turned out that nicely in my hood, I would have kept her.  I last had default townies in game before installing any face templates, so perhaps that had something to do with it.  She was never "Sandy Bruty" fugly, but anyway.  IIRC, in my game, Meadow Thayer herself was fine, but her kids all ended up with strange "chipmunk cheeks" - possibly something to do with the father.

I thought Marsha would always be the same anyway since the 'regular' townies are copies of the townies in Pleasantview (i.e. just copies of the pre-existing sim files) and aren't affected by the face templates.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 May 15, 23:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she had turned out that nicely in my hood, I would have kept her.  I last had default townies in game before installing any face templates, so perhaps that had something to do with it.  She was never "Sandy Bruty" fugly, but anyway.  IIRC, in my game, Meadow Thayer herself was fine, but her kids all ended up with strange "chipmunk cheeks" - possibly something to do with the father.

I thought Marsha would always be the same anyway since the 'regular' townies are copies of the townies in Pleasantview (i.e. just copies of the pre-existing sim files) and aren't affected by the face templates.

Huh.  That would make some sense - anyhow it was a while ago and at the time I was quite annoyed at most of the default townies.  It may have been a subjective reaction on my part, but I certainly don't recall her turning out as nicely as jsalemi's pic.

Tribulatio proxima est
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 May 16, 19:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That seems to be the current understanding, but I think there's some face blending that happens at each age transition if you have custom templates, especially if your replacement is very different from the default.  It would be plausible that Marsha's looks could change more since she'd have an extra age transition, compared to say, Meadow.

Or... I might have hit the crack pipe a couple times too many when I thought I saw this effect in my game.  Grin

Notovny, did you have replacement face templates in your game when you grew up Marsha?
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 May 16, 22:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I've never used any replacement face templates.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 May 16, 23:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That seems to be the current understanding, but I think there's some face blending that happens at each age transition if you have custom templates, especially if your replacement is very different from the default.  It would be plausible that Marsha's looks could change more since she'd have an extra age transition, compared to say, Meadow.
Not if you turn faceblendlimits off. I do...I switch face templates every generation and generate new townies, so negating the blend makes kids stay resembling their parents.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 May 17, 21:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that explains it then.  I have blending on due to my mish-mash of templates by different creators.  That, and random injections of CAS townies by many varied creators results in quite a few peculiar offspring.  They stay, umm... distinctive? even with blending on. Cheesy

Nice to know I can hang on to that crack pipe a while longer. Grin
cathybb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 May 22, 22:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had nearly the same thing happen to one house right after intalling FT.  The Grandmother went to the back yard to get on this object from NL that gives body skill and is like a big gyroscope.  She caught on fire and died.  I had never seen that object catch on fire.  After the crying and wailing, her grandson went to water flowers in the greenhouse and caught on fire and died in spite of pleaing by the parents.  I exited without saving at this point, but had saved the Grandmother's death. 

Upon return, I had the mom fix dinner and while she was eating at the table, inside the house, with normal temperature, she caught on fire and died.  I am like , screw this!  I just saved and moved the 2 remaining sims to a new house where I have no more problems.  I deleted the old house. 

I think this is a Seasons/ FT interaction bug.  I noticed it happening to others on the Sim2 bbs after installing FT.
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 May 24, 16:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had nearly the same thing happen to one house right after intalling FT.  The Grandmother went to the back yard to get on this object from NL that gives body skill and is like a big gyroscope.  She caught on fire and died.  I had never seen that object catch on fire.  After the crying and wailing, her grandson went to water flowers in the greenhouse and caught on fire and died in spite of pleaing by the parents.  I exited without saving at this point, but had saved the Grandmother's death. 

Upon return, I had the mom fix dinner and while she was eating at the table, inside the house, with normal temperature, she caught on fire and died.  I am like , screw this!  I just saved and moved the 2 remaining sims to a new house where I have no more problems.  I deleted the old house. 

I think this is a Seasons/ FT interaction bug.  I noticed it happening to others on the Sim2 bbs after installing FT.
Thanks for this cathybb. I do think it's related to FT, because I had a similar situation on another lot after I posted here. The father was outside and suddenly a fire started (I'm not even sure if there were trees where he was). I tried to make him come in the house, but he couldn't. I  made his wife call the fire department and they came and put out the fire. He walked back in the house and seemed okay. But then some odd things started happening with some of the objects on the lot - they started blinking or flickering. I'm just glad the entire famly didn't burn to death, like the other one did. I left the lot shortly after all that, so I don't know if these were just isolated issues or if something is wrong with the lot. I'm glad to hear that this seems to be related to FT so I don't have to worry that it's something specifically wrong with my game.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: