More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 09:57:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  REQ. More babies after eight Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: REQ. More babies after eight Sims  (Read 17160 times)
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
Re: REQ. More babies after eight Sims
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 04, 18:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lazy typist me; My Programs is actually All Programs found from the Start button at the bottom left (usually) of your pc.  From there you can access EA's programs from TS2.  If you uninstall from that route it doesn't remove everything.  To do a proper uninstall ie a manual uninstall, you also have to go into START/edreg/RUN and delete a string of numbers.  EA's technical help board on the TS2 website contains all the details.

I'm not a techie, so talking to me about SIMPE is like talking to a bowl of spaghetti.  Even so, I did learn new things from that population explosion thread.  The first being not to get too attached to my game, because I'd be damned if I'm going to spend my time going through character files and memory tokens to delete them.  I just want fun, not tedium.  If the game becomes  a chore, then it's not a game anymore.  So why play it?

As to starting all over again, well it's only a game, and unlike real life, you can go back in time to when the Maxis Sims were just starting out and make it better than it ever was.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 05, 02:22:02 by sandilou » Logged

happy now :-)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 04, 22:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we all have our likes and dislikes, I guess. I quite like tinkering about for a while when I have to close my game anyway.  It's got so that I start running short of RAM when I've been playing  for a while, and I have to close and reboot.  Also if I want my new downloads in the game!

Zephyr Zodiac
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 05, 15:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My computer usually fix the game for me...   Shocked

Its also known as Format c:\

For some reason my comp seems to like a clean install of winsows every 1 month or so, which means that I have to reinstall sims quite often. Im getting quite good at doing backups hehe

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 05, 15:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you have a lot of unnecessary stuff lurking in caches etc.  Mine's been going about 12 months since it was rebuilt, and I've never had to reinstall Windows.  However, I do use WindowWasher to clean up the PC.

Zephyr Zodiac
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 05, 17:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it is a faulty gfx driver, that my windows dont like. Either that, or my gfx card.

If my computer crashes for whatever reason, I get difficulties rebooting it, and after a week or so, those have scalated to a point where I need to reinstall windows to fix the problem.

Sadly my monetary situation at the moment dont allow me to buy a new gfx card, and the driver ignores all attemtps at fixing it, so I am kind of stuck doing the reinstall routine. Which I am getting pretty good at Tongue

Man I wish i could Motherlode myself sometimes....

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 05, 20:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't we all!  I rather think my last upgrade will be my last upgrade!

Zephyr Zodiac
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 06, 08:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge Jones mentioned to me that you can just teleport them to the lot.  This is how they set up the prisons and other communal arrangements.  Have you tried allowing them to breed on another lot

I used to do this back when I was trying to get Brandi Broke to her 10 children, but what I am looking for here is something to work in conjunction with Risky WooHoo. I don't go about making enormous families on purpose but something that enabled pregnancy to occur no matter how many people were in the impregnated family would bypass the problems of townies being unable to become pregnant until you move them in and also allow 'consequences' to keep occuring no matter how many Sims are in a family.

It's the same reason I run the Sims2Living teen pregnancy mod, not because I have large amounts of sexually active teen Sims (they have no 'wants' in that area so I don't bother getting them into bed with each other) but because it enables Uni student pregnancy where apon the Sim has to find a family member to mind the baby or drop out. I keep the odds for RW set very low (5%) but it's enough that it happens sometimes.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 06, 14:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really enjoy that risky woohoo hack.   I have one romance sim that has wound up pregnant three times with it.  And has four children as a result. 

I had read that if they have a baby while in Uni that they lose it when they move back to the neighborhood.   Have you found a way around that?   
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 06, 16:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leave it behind with someone else still in the house, put moveinall in your game, then when it's a child, invite it over and ask to move in.  Would that work?  After all, I know you can't invite students to move in, but the kid wouldn't be a student.

Zephyr Zodiac
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 07, 07:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I arrange for them to give birth at the home of the family member who is to care for it (through use of the mind control mirror), but if they can actually give birth in your Uni (the pregnancy mod I use doesn't allow  pregnancies to advance), you ould always use the teleporter shrub plus to summon and then move in the baby.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: